Lakers in 4
Boston in 4
Lakers in 5
Boston in 5
Lakers in 6
Boston in 6
Lakers in 7
Boston in 7

Author Topic: NBA Finals - Boston Celtics v. Los Angeles Lakers  (Read 6991 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: NBA Finals - Boston Celtics v. Los Angeles Lakers
« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2010, 07:11:29 AM »
how come people on Dubcc try to tell me Phil Jackson is the best coach of all time...but yet TWICE in the Nba finals he has been outcoached by a guy named Doc? 
So actually reaching the Finals means nothing? ::)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2010, 07:12:44 AM »
And I'm willing to bet that the Lakers win game 6 if for no other reason then the refs. It's easy to see that they are trying to make sure the finals go 7 games. Just look at games 2-4.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2010, 07:32:44 AM »
And I'm willing to bet that the Lakers win game 6 if for no other reason then the refs. It's easy to see that they are trying to make sure the finals go 7 games. Just look at games 2-4.

Yeah, I'm probably not even watching the first quarters of Game 6, it's gonna be a free-throw fest for the Lakers.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #273 on: June 14, 2010, 07:32:47 AM »
The Celtics franchise is 11-0 when leading and NBA Finals series 3-2 and 34-1 overall in best-of-7 series from that position.

teecee

« Reply #274 on: June 14, 2010, 08:05:40 AM »
Kobe's fault  :P

Ok, in all honesty...yes...Kobe was the only one who came to play. But even you Kobe fans have to admit there is a huge fundamental difference between MJ and Kobe.  And that is, that no matter what the adversity...you always had this sense that MJ just would NOT let his team lose. I dont know how many of yall were really focused on basketball when MJ was playing. But I can remember it clearly...and no matter who you asked, no one felt MJ would allow his team to lose. It didnt matter who he was playing, it didnt matter how his teammates were. But you dont ever get that feeling with Kobe. You get the feeling that HE will play well. But you dont get the feeling that he will simply will his team to victory.

Can't agree more with you.   You know, Kobe one of the best ever, has been hitting TOUGH shots the last few games while playing great, but his team is losing.  Its his fault, but maybe he is just missing that extra something that MJ had- those of us old enough to watch him back in the day know that it was a feeling you had, like you said, where he just wouldn't let his team lose.   He did it all.

Kobe's press conference is what got me yesterday- dude was so smug, as if to say "what?  I was the man out there.  Yes, we lost, but did you see me?"   

I think he knows they are going to lose...in fact, I predict a shit game outta Kobe.  Of course, GAME 6 could be his LEGACY game, the one where he WILLS his team to victory...

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #275 on: June 14, 2010, 08:29:56 AM »
lol PAU is getting punked by the boston bigs rasheed wallace 2, he's soppose to be tougher but i saw him say "why are you talking to me like that for its just a game" lol

i loved how the officials in game 5 are not calling Fishers flop.. dude is ANNOYING he looks retarded when he takes a contested jump shot

lol paul pierced laughed at kobe after he wrestled the ball away from him at a critical time in the game in the final minutes and kobe threw that huge fit lol

D wades expression when kobe was on fire in the 3rd was priceless.. he was like damn :)

theremedy360

Re: Kobe is no Jordan
« Reply #276 on: June 14, 2010, 08:32:46 AM »
Michael never let his team lose 3 games in an NBA finals in his 6 NBA finals appearances

oh and plus let's not forget the 30 PPG and 5 MVP's and 6 final's MVP's :D

LOL @ blaming this game on Kobe, you're really something else man. Did you even notice that Kobe was the only one to have a productive game on LA? Is it his fault Artest missed those free throws? Jesus..

This is obviously aimed at eliors delusions.

? I'm not even from LA, I just call it like I see it. Blaming Kobe for that game is beyond ridiculous.

teecee

« Reply #277 on: June 14, 2010, 08:40:13 AM »
Damn though, when Kobe was going off last night :o   He hit some DEEP three's; those jumpers and fades, it was like Bird or MJ out there, incredible.   It is too bad that no one came to help last night; they need to get Gasol some touches early

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #278 on: June 14, 2010, 11:54:08 AM »
Daygo , one of the difference between MJ and Kobe (and you know I said MJ>> Kobe many times)  going off is that Bulls were playing defense ... I mean Kobe went for 19 in this quarter and Boston lead increased during that span

Anyways we couldn't match Boston intensity and the team is bunch of chokers under pressure minus Kobe and Fish , the lack of D and letting Pierce doing his thing during the 1st 3 quarters is just shocking in such an important game

Despite going off , Kobe still not attacking Boston D the right way and his ballhandling is still terrible

From an objective point of view , I got to say this series is over imo ... but as a fan I still believe , who knows maybe Gasol and Odom will magically grow some balls  :-X

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #279 on: June 14, 2010, 01:18:01 PM »
Niggas tend to turn their hustle on defense down if they ain't involved in the offense. That's why Kobe going off like a superstar didn't do shit for the Lakers.
No, it's not a sin

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #280 on: June 14, 2010, 01:29:11 PM »
pau gasoft needs to step it up and we need to get rid of them white boys next year,to be honest i can't believe we got this far,and bynum bitch ass always get hurt at the wrong time hahaha yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2010, 01:53:33 PM »
pau gasoft needs to step it up and we need to get rid of them white boys next year,to be honest i can't believe we got this far,and bynum bitch ass always get hurt at the wrong time hahaha yell

Gasol is still clearly the 2nd best player the Lakers had since Shaq left and he was a major part in their title run 2009.

Anyone else who doubts the Lakers would have won the Finals last year if Garnett had been healthy?

It's impossible to get rid of Walton because of his crazy contract, you might have luck with Vujacic because you could trade him as an expiring contract to a team who sucks ass and wants to dump salary.
No, it's not a sin

theremedy360

« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2010, 02:48:32 PM »

Gasol has been bad this series, but is still one of the best big men in the game, not worth getting rid of unless you can get someone of his caliber (and good luck with that).

teecee

« Reply #283 on: June 14, 2010, 04:57:01 PM »
First off, it seems like Lakers fans are giving up!   WTF???!!!   You got Kobe, Odom, Gasol, Fisher, and two straight games at home, against a team with 3 big name players who have all obviously lost a step.  This SHOULD still be Lakers series, but I guess what is scary is that Kobe has been shooting great the last two games and the LAkers have STILL lost...

The Watcher

« Reply #284 on: June 14, 2010, 05:11:36 PM »
as a celtics fan, the only thing i can say is kobe is the only laker that turned up to play. how can people be saying this is his fault? really? nobody else on the lakers team was putting any effort in so of course kobe was doing everything
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden