Author Topic: How do you rate Eminems discogprahy  (Read 614 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: How do you rate Eminems discogprahy
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 01:22:50 AM »
SSLP - 8/10
MMLP - 8,5/10
Eminem Show - 9/10
Encore - 7/10
Relapse - 8/10

I can never give an Em cd a 10/10 because of his whiny voice and screaming delivery. He's just not background music and car bumping material. Strictly for the mp3 player. I also tend to get bored quickly despite a great first impression when it comes to his albums. Eminem Show was the closest, hence the highest rating.

Beatzz

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 09:38:47 AM »
Infinite - 7.5/10
SSLP - 10/10
MMLP - 10/10
Eminem Show - 8.5/10
Encore - 7/10
Relapse - 7.5/10

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 10:09:47 AM »
I don't listen to Eminem all that much and I view his work pretty differently than most people do. 

Despite Encore's lacklustre production that sounded dated by the time it was released and Eminem's new artistic choices that repealed many people I thought it was his best work for the simple reason it genuinely captured an artist at a crossroads.  I've never listened to another hip-hop album that self-reflective about their career.  Many tracks as dismissed as meaningless seem to have gone over people's head.  I do recognise that some of them don't make for great replay value but their role in the album is rather vital. 

I'll listen to both,

The Eminem Show
Encore

I enjoy about half of Relapse.

I don't listen to either MMLP or SSLP though there are two songs I bump from each Amityville & I'm Shady. 

So, basically, out of Eminem's discography the tracks I'm still bumping today are:

Amityville
I'm Shady
Rain Man
Beautiful

The Eminem Show I can listen to nearly any track and not feel the need to change it though there are one or two I get bored with.

:eh: so which option is it?