Author Topic: Ken Griffey Jr. Retires  (Read 474 times)

sprite

Re: Ken Griffey Jr. Retires
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 05:26:16 PM »
the cleanest one of them all.

injuries stopped him from probably passing the mark Barry Bonds set.

one of my favorites & sure fire first ballot. 8)

yeah i feel  that

plus the ken griffey game for N64 was the shiiiiiiiit!!!

fuck that, the Super Nintendo was way better!

dude missed 630 games in his career, he would DEFINITELY be the King right now

but Barry's nuts have shrunk to peas by now from all the juice, so I think Griff is okay

Barry sounded like a homo before, but I assume these days off the camera, he might be on that Mike Tyson sound

anyway, I caught a game last year when the M's were in town and Griffey hit a homer, glad I could see one of his last

theremedy360

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 05:30:39 PM »
my only problem is what how do you just say injuries fucked him; but that's his fault for getting them.

a part of the game is being healthy; i would speculate myself & say he would of broken all types of records & shit.

but i can't give him credit like it was a no-brainer that he would of done it.

Fair point, but a lot of the injuries were due to him attempting amazing plays on the field, one of the aspects of his game that made him so special, can't deny that he could have done a better job at taking less risks to add longevity to his career though.

Easily one of the all time greatest players. The first half of his career before the injuries started, you could have easily made the case of him being one of the top 3 or 4 players ever. I dont think in my lifetime Ive seen a more all around great player then him (again, before the injuries). Without the injuries he would have surpassed Aarons HR record. He missed what...over 2 seasons worth of games due to injury. He should been on the HGH too lol. Playing in Seattle fucked his legs. At least now he wont get bashed for taking naps...

Actually, the majority of his injuries in Seattle were in his upper body. Although he did miss a significant amount of time dealing with some of them he'd still come back and put up unbelievable numbers. The leg injuries didn't really start happening frequently until he was on Cincinnati, there was a real decline in his body in those injury plagued years.

exactly. But the lower leg injuries had to come from somewhere. I think from the years of playing on that turf in Seattle. If he would have been the Cecil Fielder type instead...his legs probably wouldnt have become so jacked later in his career from those years of abuse.

Good point man, never really thought of it like that  :-\

Jaydc

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 06:04:33 PM »
One of the best players to ever do it.And he didnt need steroids to do it,just one of the most beautiful swings in the history of baseball.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 12:45:09 PM »
the 7th best centerfielder of all time

Cobb
Dimaggio
Mays
Mantle
Speaker
Charleston
Griffey Jr.
Snider

then yours truly, Hack Wilson.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens