Author Topic: Drake Comments On Album Leak  (Read 573 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Drake Comments On Album Leak
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 10:32:13 PM »
I disagree.  

1. It's completely honest
2. It's all true
3. Hip-Hop is all about braggadocio and if any MC has the right to brag he does.
4. He's always balanced R&B and Rap.  The game was heading in that direction and he just took it to the next level by doing it easily.

He communicates effectively and gets his point across.  All of his songs stick to the content and deliver a message.

He told everyone you should expect So Far Gone on steroids and that's essentially what you get.  It feels like a continuation of his past work and continues to tell his story.  How can you hate on this?

His monotone voice? Really?  That's the majority of the game.  There's only a handful of rappers who switch up their vocals and then the ones who do are usually poor lyricists.

I'd say he's an average lyricists with some corny punchlines but most of them fit and it wasn't over the top.  

I have more reasons why I think it's a great album.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 10:38:13 PM »
I dont know,it sounds like a regression from so far gone in almost every way.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 10:29:45 AM »
i'm not surprised he's not mad.

he dropped his first mixtape & it was out for a solid 8-9 months for free, finally sold it & pushed impressive units.

he probably thinks that this album will sell no matter what & it probably will.

but this album is weak/wack.

Is it basically an album for the bitches like I've anticipated?

lol yeah & the production is average to me; i thought he would have better.

lame punchlines, the singing wasn't on point; i'd be shocked if you liked it.

MediumL

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 12:37:17 PM »
Whats he gonna do, have a tantrum about it. Its 2010. Shit like this happens all the time. As an artist you've got to be ready for some bullshit like this and just run with it.

Like Cham said he'll still sell a lot. People that were gonna download the album aren't gonna change their attitudes if the albums leaked at the last minute. And people that are album buyers will still go out and buy it. All this has done is maybe not allowed him to create the perfect build up he would have liked to of had.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 12:42:29 PM »
^yeah, it might cost him a couple thousand records or so, but for a guy who is a big enough name, with enough buzz to sell a million, he shouldn't pull a 50 Cent, like when "Curtis" leaked. ;D

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 01:45:34 PM »
the leak will help him, you gonna have his actual bill waltons and fans go out and buy multiple albums which in they mind will make up for the leaks,it happened with wayne and it's gonna happen again,and then since he's so soft the gay crowd is gonna like his album and he's gonna sell more off that, so i expect him to do at the least 500,000 1st week yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Quadruple OG

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 03:18:57 PM »
4. He's always balanced R&B and Rap.

He sucks at both though. Hell, Trey Songz is a better rapper/singer than Drake

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »
4. He's always balanced R&B and Rap.

He sucks at both though. Hell, Trey Songz is a better rapper/singer than Drake

hahaha
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

westsiderider323

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2010, 09:57:14 AM »
the real reason why hes not upset is cuz the muthafucka is already rich he dont need no fuckin sales he prolly just did this album cuz he was bored

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2010, 10:55:34 AM »
the real reason why hes not upset is cuz the muthafucka is already rich he dont need no fuckin sales he prolly just did this album cuz he was bored
Or because leaks are inevitable, if you're a big name in the industry or even a semi big name commercially your album will be leaked, doesn't matter who you are if you got some hype expect a 2 week early release. And maybe cuz hes already rich too, I remember reading an article last year when he got signed and I think it said one of the terms of his contract is that the label will get the majority of the money the album makes, but he keeps the rights to all his music or something like that.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2010, 09:55:10 PM »
Or because leaks are inevitable, if you're a big name in the industry or even a semi big name commercially your album will be leaked, doesn't matter who you are if you got some hype expect a 2 week early release. And maybe cuz hes already rich too, I remember reading an article last year when he got signed and I think it said one of the terms of his contract is that the label will get the majority of the money the album makes, but he keeps the rights to all his music or something like that.

it's always gonna be two weeks most of the time because that's when they start ship'n them bitches out to stores and what not, also i had a friend who's mom who use to work at a major and she would bring the album home two weeks before shit dropped yell

westsiderider323

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2010, 10:10:22 PM »
i know if i was already fuckin rich and had a album that was bout to be released i wouldnt give a damn im rich why would i need to cry bout my album bein leaked?

westside159

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2010, 10:38:42 PM »
WHO CARES   drake is wacc

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2010, 11:43:30 PM »

it's always gonna be two weeks most of the time because that's when they start ship'n them bitches out to stores and what not, also i had a friend who's mom who use to work at a major and she would bring the album home two weeks before shit dropped yell
Yeah I knoe that, my neighbor was a dj at a radio station and labels shipped 2 copies of albums to his house so i use to get free physicals for a while til he moved.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2010, 07:16:48 PM »

Yeah I knoe that, my neighbor was a dj at a radio station and labels shipped 2 copies of albums to his house so i use to get free physicals for a while til he moved.

i miss those early copies tho hahaha yell