Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13687 times)

Jaydc

Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 08:14:25 PM »
Its like eminem saw that people loved the forever verse and all that and saw how many people complimented his flow so he decided to make the whole album like that.Bad choice.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 08:15:17 PM »
Downloading this now, 70mb for the whole album, is that the versions everyones got?

Reviews seem a bit 50/50, suprised about the reviews of the beats, I guess Dre didn't have a hand in mixing?

Will give my verdict whenever I get to listen

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 08:20:48 PM »
the production was worse than Relapse because the lack of Dre; but on the other hand, the production had a nice sound to it & fit the album.

i disagree on the hooks; sure they weren't good, but i don't think they were "awful/song ruining"; but to each his own.

when "Not Afraid" dropped, i pointed out that he had been using that "aggressive flow" since he released Relapse & how i was worried every song was going to have it & everybody was like "how you going to hate on it? blah blah blah", so now fuck all of you lol; & what are you going to do? hate on every song because they have a similar tone to them? i'm just tight he used it for the Proof song.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 08:21:16 PM »
Cham, as I recall, correct me if I'm wrong, you don't like Drake's singing but Em gets a pass?

Drake has entire songs of him just singing & he's not much of a singer.

Drake singing on the hook is a million times Eminem, but Drake singing on a whole RnB song compared to other RnB singers is a joke.

i don't know what's so bad about Eminem's singing; it fits the song.

I kind of like Drake's singing. Much more than his rapping anyway.

agreed, but that just shows how badly his rapping is. :D

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2010, 08:25:10 PM »
As most of you, i was pretty surprised about a quarter through. It sounded like it was gonnaa be some ill shit, but i don't know, after listening to the whole thing, it seems like most of the songs were sounding the same (and not in a "concept" type way). It was only one listen though, and nothing was bad. Still, on the other hand, nothing was real good. At least when Relapse came out, the beats were fuckin nuts. Recovery has to have the worst beats yet for an Eminem album by far, but I don't think a lot of the critics really care about production, which is fuckin sad. Here's what I recall, much should change after some more listens:

-The one with kobe was easily the best, and that's one of the few I can see still liking 10 years from now. As you guys were saying, nothing on here is comparable to those classic Em tracks, but then again, nothing on Relapse was either.

-Going Thru Changes was cool, Almost Famous was cool, the bonus track was cool, On Fire was cool.

-The Just Bllaze tracks were nice, but in terms of the production, nothing special from him.

-I didn't mind the Wayne track...but like anyone with a brain, I couldn't help but wonder why the fuck LIL WAYNE was the only rapper featured on the allbum?! For godsakes, your fucking EMINEM! You can have anyone in the fuckin world on a track with you, and LIL WAYNE? At least get someone from Aftermath or Shady, damn.

-W.T.P. had to have been easily the worst track on the album, I mean, this just sucked bigtime. Beat/lyrics/everything.

-Space Bound was cool, I wasn't feeling Cindarella Man much. Don't see why some of you are in love with these two, but not some of the others.

-The Khalil beats were decent for his standards. But like Just Blaze, a little upsetting.

-I agree with the singing part. It's like Eminem is trying to fit in with the Drakes & Waynes of the industry at the moment, but I don't think he realizes that he IS the biggest figure at the moment. But his singing isn't that bad though, so I don't mind it much.

Overall, I guess it's up there with The Eminem Show, but that albums good tracks SMASH this albums best tracks. On the other hand, that album had some real shitty tracks, while I didn't think anything was real bad on this besides W.T.P., which still wasn't THAT bad.

Oh, and it's pretty obvious the Dre track is So Bad. Which is actually in the top 3 for me on this one (most likely due to the production). But still...only one fuckin Dre beat on an Aftermath album!?!?...and an Eminemm album!?!?...I wonder how much Dre really had to do with this album, just like BISD, and just like the supposed RED Album. What the fuck is going on at Aftermath? Nobody making songs together anymore, Dre not fucking with his own guys no more, shits not looking good...but then again, Dre could easily be letting these guys take care of themselves under his label. Or maybe he had more the do than I think, but I doubt it. Still...it's just not what it used to be where Dre would take control of the album (exec.) and just completely turn the thing into a masterpiece (most of the time).

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2010, 08:33:38 PM »
Enough with this Dre production crap. Dre's production on the great Em albums was never all that great. Em's best album was MMLP, but take The Way I Am and Stan (two songs NOT produced by Dre) off that album and it's worse than Recovery.

1.    "Public Service Announcement 2000" (feat. Jeff Bass)         0:25
2.    "Kill You"      Dr. Dre, Mel-Man    4:24
3.    "Paul" (skit)         0:11
4.    "Who Knew"      Dr. Dre, Mel-Man    3:48
5.    "Steve Berman" (skit)         0:54
6.    "The Real Slim Shady"      Dr. Dre, Mel-Man    4:45
7.    "Remember Me?" (feat. RBX, Sticky Fingaz)    Dr. Dre, Mel-Man    3:38
8.    "I'm Back"      Dr. Dre, Mel-Man    5:10
9.    "Marshall Mathers"      F.B.T., Eminem    5:21
10.    "Ken Kaniff" (skit)         1:02
11.    "Drug Ballad" (feat. Dina Rae)    F.B.T., Eminem    5:00
12.    "Amityville" (feat. Bizarre)    F.B.T.    4:14
13.    "Bitch Please II" (feat. Dr. Dre, Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg, Xzibit)    Dr. Dre, Mel-Man    4:47
14.    "Kim"      F.B.T.    6:18
15.    "Under the Influence" (feat. D12)    F.B.T., Eminem    5:22
16.    "Criminal" 

Tell me honestly that the tracklisting above makes for that much better an album than the new one.

Jaydc

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2010, 08:35:44 PM »
I couldnt disagree more,I love mmlp I still bump it all the time I love every song on the album.the best song on recovery is on par with the worst song on mmlp.

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2010, 08:38:27 PM »
Enough with this Dre production crap. Dre's production on the great Em albums was never all that great. Em's best album was MMLP, but take The Way I Am and Stan (two songs NOT produced by Dre) off that album and it's worse than Recovery.

1.    "Public Service Announcement 2000" (feat. Jeff Bass)         0:25
2.    "Kill You"      Dr. Dre, Mel-Man    4:24
3.    "Paul" (skit)         0:11
4.    "Who Knew"      Dr. Dre, Mel-Man    3:48
5.    "Steve Berman" (skit)         0:54
6.    "The Real Slim Shady"      Dr. Dre, Mel-Man    4:45
7.    "Remember Me?" (feat. RBX, Sticky Fingaz)    Dr. Dre, Mel-Man    3:38
8.    "I'm Back"      Dr. Dre, Mel-Man    5:10
9.    "Marshall Mathers"      F.B.T., Eminem    5:21
10.    "Ken Kaniff" (skit)         1:02
11.    "Drug Ballad" (feat. Dina Rae)    F.B.T., Eminem    5:00
12.    "Amityville" (feat. Bizarre)    F.B.T.    4:14
13.    "Bitch Please II" (feat. Dr. Dre, Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg, Xzibit)    Dr. Dre, Mel-Man    4:47
14.    "Kim"      F.B.T.    6:18
15.    "Under the Influence" (feat. D12)    F.B.T., Eminem    5:22
16.    "Criminal" 

Tell me honestly that the tracklisting above makes for that much better an album than the new one.

Yeah dude pretty sure it does, MMLP classic...this not so much

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2010, 08:40:27 PM »
I couldnt disagree more,I love mmlp I still bump it all the time I love every song on the album.the best song on recovery is on par with the worst song on mmlp.

Nostalgia. Play both albums minus the two tracks I mentioned to several people that haven't heard either album and I'll bet you'll get a toss up on what they think is better.

Let me add that the Wayne track should be a big single and it's easily by far the best Wayne verse I've ever heard.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2010, 08:48:12 PM »
"The last two albums don't count, Encore I was on drugs Relapse I was flushing em out"

So now he's dismissing both his last albums? lol. Two tracks in so far, impressed, a lot of singing but it aint that bad. Lyrically he's on point, but I can see that same delivery getting tired, see how the rest of the album goes. The first beat was dope in my opinion, 2nd is definitely a different look for Em, Kobe's hook is cool, shit's dope for real. This third beat sounding sick, got those live sounding Dre drums, the fuck is that hook though :-\ "I just spit a bullshit hook in between two long ass verses if you mistook this for a song look"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:50:13 PM by dubsmith_nz »

Jaydc

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2010, 08:49:28 PM »
lol its not nostalgia when you listen to the album,I used to love the transformers cartoon and he man when i was younger and thought they were amazing,but I watched them as an adult and realized how bad they were.I still listen to mmlp today and it still sounds amazing,everything from the flow to the content to the production was incredible.I think I know the difference between nostalgia and what is actually good.You dont think it stands up thats fine,but I dont think your going to find many people that agree with you.but its your opinion,but like i said,the worst song on mmlp is on par with the best song on recovery,theirs no comparison.And where the fuck would you even find someone that hasnt heard mmlp?LOL

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2010, 08:58:46 PM »
lol its not nostalgia when you listen to the album,I used to love the transformers cartoon and he man when i was younger and thought they were amazing,but I watched them as an adult and realized how bad they were.I still listen to mmlp today and it still sounds amazing,everything from the flow to the content to the production was incredible.I think I know the difference between nostalgia and what is actually good.You dont think it stands up thats fine,but I dont think your going to find many people that agree with you.but its your opinion,but like i said,the worst song on mmlp is on par with the best song on recovery,theirs no comparison.And where the fuck would you even find someone that hasnt heard mmlp?LOL

How old were you when MMLP came out? I'm guessing you weren't a kid that watched Transformers in 2000. In Spring of 2000 when MMLP came out I was 17 turning 18. I'm willing to bet there are plenty of teens, that are now the age you were then, in your area that haven't heard any Eminem albums.

Eminem in 2000 was like a weekly promo from the Rock in WWF. Try watching 17 Rock promos in a row from 2000 and see how boring If Ya Smellllll!!!!! and It Doesn't Matter gets after the 5th time. (let me be clear that no one in the WWF currently is even close to as entertaining as the Rock was then).

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2010, 09:02:20 PM »
this is the eminem you people like?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2010, 09:03:49 PM »
"Going Through Changes" is an incredible song.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2010, 09:13:25 PM »
Eminem's music is boring bcuz he's a white boy and white boy's just can't do it like niggaz can.  FACT is Eminem is vicious lyrically but he doesn't have the swag.  He'll always pick boring beats and no matter who's featured he'll always make sure more white people will like it instead of niggaz and he'll never be the same Marshall he was back in 2000 no matter how many pills he pops.  

Eminem is corny as shit in 2010 and I haven't even listened to the album yet.  Not to say that niggaz don't bcuz if something catches my attention I'll give it a listen but ever since that joint with Mockingbird on it and Relapse PLUS the assface by tha Gay Man he just doesn't seem credible or interesting no matter how hard he goes on the mic (that wasn't funny or hip hop).  "Not Afraid" is wack and so was MOST of Relapse and I haven't even listened to "Recovery" yet and already know that the shit is boring.  I already know the people on DubCC don't like ANYTHING what so ever but I know that this shit isn't gonna have any replay value at all.  He's damaged his art and public perception of him so much that it doesn't even matter anymore.  He's 1 of the few who had it good but fucked up his PR heavy and can't really turn back.  He might go down as another BeastieBoy but he'll never be a unique.  Sure he's white and he's Eminem and considering those facts alone he will but at the end of the day he won't hold the test of time in the ghettos.  

I'm gonna download "Recovery" (maybe), I haven't even thought twice about buying it.  Maybe if he battled Royce I might be a little more interested but he's not even on that level anymore with battling so he's corny and a pussy.

Eminem used to have that "nigga factor" but when dropped that album with "mosh" on it u could tell he didn't have anything more to offer, result being he was done and wack from there on.  even 50 Cent couldn't revive his career (if he still truely wanted it).  Even when his old tapes came out cussing out black bitches and niggers he still had a pass but he's done too much and too little to get back to that spot, sad thing was he was 1 of the few who could.  that white boy who came out with the video where he got a black eye had a cool record i could jam too (i think. i haven't heard it since the 1st time so long ago-a month-truthfully) but as far as i could tell he could'n't do the things Slim Shady done.  But now it's only memories from here.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:33:02 PM by LaMilton Taeshawn »