Author Topic: Crooked I - Hood Star (Discussion Thread)  (Read 913 times)

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Crooked I - Hood Star (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 12:00:05 PM »
Yeah from what I remember ray j got booted out of tha row after he got his ass beat for claiming blood one too many times.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

JohnnyL

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 12:22:47 PM »
Yeah from what I remember ray j got booted out of tha row after he got his ass beat for claiming blood one too many times.

Really?  For some reason I was thinking they kicked him off those songs because he never officially signed with Tha Row.  I thought even when he was recording all of those tracks he wasn't officially signed.  I could be mistaken though.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 12:54:13 PM »

Really?  For some reason I was thinking they kicked him off those songs because he never officially signed with Tha Row.  I thought even when he was recording all of those tracks he wasn't officially signed.  I could be mistaken though.

He got his ass whipped several times for running his mouth. I think his family also had a hand in him no longer working with Suge.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2010, 02:39:36 PM »

He got his ass whipped several times for running his mouth. I think his family also had a hand in him no longer working with Suge.

This and he fucked Gail.

V2DHeart

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2010, 03:05:39 PM »
True. He had a 'thing' with Gail Gotti, or so people at the label assumed although nothing was ever proved, and Kurupt was handed an empty VP position at the time. But didn't she fool around with a few other "Mexicans" associated with the label at the time, and no one said shyt. I guess at that time, you knew Death Row didn't have the powerful stability like they did back in the mid-late 90's that they could bully or pick on the easier 'guy'

They should have put out Untouchable. Completed album, and a lot better than the SHTTBG session tracks. Crooked I at his rawest, and most will agree. The internet fan base would have jamp on this release a lot. They could have then pushed the more commercialized SHTTBG tracks afterwards
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2010, 03:20:33 PM »
True. He had a 'thing' with Gail Gotti, or so people at the label assumed although nothing was ever proved, and Kurupt was handed an empty VP position at the time. But didn't she fool around with a few other "Mexicans" associated with the label at the time, and no one said shyt. I guess at that time, you knew Death Row didn't have the powerful stability like they did back in the mid-late 90's that they could bully or pick on the easier 'guy'

They should have put out Untouchable. Completed album, and a lot better than the SHTTBG session tracks. Crooked I at his rawest, and most will agree. The internet fan base would have jamp on this release a lot. They could have then pushed the more commercialized SHTTBG tracks afterwards

Yup, the Mexican thing might be true. Ray J also got it on with Virginya as well. Lol. Virginya fucked the security guards, and Gangsta Girl fucked the runners.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2010, 03:23:49 PM »

Yup, the Mexican thing might be true. Ray J also got it on with Virginya as well. Lol. Virginya fucked the security guards, and Gangsta Girl fucked the runners.

He more than made up for those mistakes by banging Kim Kardashian

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »

He more than made up for those mistakes by banging Kim Kardashian

Hahaha, true.

JohnnyL

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »

This and he fucked Gail.

I take it he shouldn't have done that, but I can't remember why.  Was she supposed to be with someone else at the label, around that time?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2010, 05:27:12 PM »

This and he fucked Gail.

I take it he shouldn't have done that, but I can't remember why.  Was she supposed to be with someone else at the label, around that time?

Kurupt

Jaydc

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2010, 05:46:24 PM »
Ive always found it hilarious that kurupt loves falling in love with hos.He doesnt even listen to his own advice,hes always trying to make a ho a housewife.Just more proof of how fake rappers are.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 02:43:34 PM »
can sum1 up the solo version of fuck with u plz?

Blood$

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 03:20:49 PM »
Ive always found it hilarious that kurupt loves falling in love with hos.He doesnt even listen to his own advice,hes always trying to make a ho a housewife.Just more proof of how fake rappers are.

Kurupt is one of my favorite rappers ever but I've always felt the same way lmao

on topic, somebody throw up links for "Fuck Em" and "Cali Love III", not downloading this piece of shit for 2 tracks  8)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 03:22:42 PM by BloodMoney2010 »

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 04:36:50 PM »
8.  Go Hard (Feat. Danny Boy, Spider)                              5:02

Anyone know who the others are that appear on this track ?
Also...this is listed as featuring Danny Boy, but I'm pretty sure it's Ray J not DB. WTF  ???

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 10:02:34 PM »
so the mixing and mastering isn't good?

Nope. The MP3 leaks were much better. You won't be able to hear it in your speakers, but in your headphones you will.

tanner u were right dogg. the leaks sound so much better than this retail rip....

wideawake is a disappointment.
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D