Author Topic: Kid CuDi Arrested  (Read 123 times)

MistaNova

Kid CuDi Arrested
« on: June 12, 2010, 07:43:03 PM »
A few days old but still....

Kanye West protégé Kid Cudi was arrested on Friday (June 11) in New York and charged with felony criminal mischief and possession of a controlled substance after authorities were called to respond to a disturbance involving the rapper and an unidentified woman.

A spokesman for the New York Police Department confirmed to MTV News that Cudi was arrested in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood on Friday. The spokesman, however, declined to provide additional information regarding the controlled substance found on the rapper.

At press time, Cudi was still awaiting arraignment by a judge and bail had yet to be set, police said. A request for comment made to the rapper's management was not returned.

This is not the first time the upstart artist has had a run-in with the law. Late last year, the Cleveland native was arrested by cops in Los Angeles after a magazine shoot when residents complained about looters in the area. Cudi was held at gunpoint by police, who pressed the rapper and his entourage down to the ground in an effort to secure the premises.

The "Day 'N' Nite" star was later released in a case of mistaken identity. Just one month prior to the L.A. incident, Kid Cudi escaped being charged with a crime when a fan the rapper punched at a concert declined to press charges. The concert was in Vancouver and Cudi grew upset after a wallet was thrown in his direction onstage. Cudi caught the wallet and tossed the item back into the crowd. The young man, Michael Sharpe, caught the wallet then threw it back to the stage since it didn't belong to him. The rapper became agitated, perceiving Sharpe's act as a dis and began to pummel the fan. Sharpe, though, insisted it was a mistake and told TMZ he would not pursue any legal action against the rapper.

I'm not upset," Sharpe explained. "I'm not going to be that person. I just want to meet him and be like, 'I'm the guy you punched.' I'm not going to press charges."

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1641413/20100611/kid_cudi.jhtml

Bi Ty

• Lil Geezy
Re: Kid CuDi Arrested
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 09:03:47 PM »
bad boy.