Author Topic: Crooked I - Under Pressure Freestyle  (Read 1779 times)

Jaydc

Re: Crooked I - Under Pressure Freestyle
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2010, 07:35:14 PM »
And, if you want proof he can't create some dope single material just look at the 52 week build up and then the failed delivery of a hot single.  It was a wack track with akon. 

It wasn't even the akon feature but the general shittiness of the track.

lol

I'm with you on that one. There's so many of those bullshyt tracks that I manage to avoid because I don't keep up with all these wack sounding trash that comes out, despite it creating a little 'minute' buzz from online fans. Block Obama mixtapes was some of them, skippers due to the weak music behind it, or the fact the beats didn't relate to the lyrics. It doesn't have to be a musical master piece for me to listen to, but I can listen to an Immortal Technique mixtape all the way through, but not a Crooked I one, why is that? I know Crook is hot, but his mixtapes don't retain any interest or replay value besides a few tracks. His DR material however...........

His deathrow material sucked.Hes ten times the artist now then he was then.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2010, 09:23:09 PM »
^J.E. was on point, it's him saying "thank god" as a fan; not as "thank god, the West is saved!".

We all know you hate this beat with a burning passion & always had a thing against Crooked I, so add those two together & I wouldn't expect you to have anything positive to say anyway lol.

lol, yeah I guess because I don't think he's GOAT like you do I have something against him. If you've followed my posts, you know I've defended and criticized him equally. Two things I dislike are stans and haters and I go after them both. I dare you to come up with a rapper I will never criticize or make fun of for doing something stupid. There isn't one, because no one has a perfect career and I seem to be the only guy here who is a stan of no one. I left that shit behind just like I left high school.

What stans don't seem to get is that I'm a real fan of Crooked I. The reason I critique him is because I WANT him to succeed. I WANT him to drop that classic debut. I want the best for any rapper I like to listen to. The guy can spit his ass off, and I enjoy hearing his freestyles. Unfortunately, his original material usually isn't as good. So when I see something that can be improved upon I'm going to point it out. No matter who it is.

Reason I'm so passionate about it is because I WANT his shit to come out. Dude has been in the game for years and hasn't dropped a single album. I'm fucking pissed off about that. Who the fuck wouldn't be? It annoys me off that he can't get his shit together long enough to put out an album. When I look at at Crooked I, I see a straight spitter with a lot of talent who hasn't lived up to his potential yet. Maybe you are content to listen to freestyles over other people's beats. Maybe that's all you want out of Crooked. Fuck that, I want to hear an original album from him at his best. And I want it to go hard. Until that day I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing.

Yeah, that was a rant but oh well. Was a long time coming. This same thing goes for any other rapper I listen to. Sick of stans thinking I have it out for a rapper just because I'm willing to criticize them. Fyi Jaydc, no, I don't have it out for Nas just because I think his discography is inconsistent as fuck.  ;D

That's fantastic..

Honestly, respect.

None of that changes what Crooked meant in those lines. :P

SAINTX111

• 'G'
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2010, 10:28:37 PM »
Hopefully his new slaughter house deal with Shady Records will give him a nice boost.     

Goal: Slaughterhouse album on Shady/Aftermath Records with in-house Dr. Dre production.

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2010, 08:37:32 AM »
dudes get mad after hearing a verse yall are women to me man

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2010, 09:49:24 AM »
Yeh but he's saying for people not to wait on Detox to save the West, yet he's using a pre-finished Detox track to try and gain exposure for his own career, and of course to presumably "save" the West. since claiming to be "New West"!!!

lol, "gain exposure".

Honestly, how many people you think will ever hear this freestyle?
notice he said "try to"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2010, 09:51:02 AM »
Yeh but he's saying for people not to wait on Detox to save the West, yet he's using a pre-finished Detox track to try and gain exposure for his own career, and of course to presumably "save" the West. since claiming to be "New West"!!!

lol, "gain exposure".

Honestly, how many people you think will ever hear this freestyle?
notice he said "try to"

lol, he did; but still, Crooked did this for 52 weeks straight & it didn't do anything lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2010, 12:26:41 PM »
^J.E. was on point, it's him saying "thank god" as a fan; not as "thank god, the West is saved!".

We all know you hate this beat with a burning passion & always had a thing against Crooked I, so add those two together & I wouldn't expect you to have anything positive to say anyway lol.

lol, yeah I guess because I don't think he's GOAT like you do I have something against him. If you've followed my posts, you know I've defended and criticized him equally. Two things I dislike are stans and haters and I go after them both. I dare you to come up with a rapper I will never criticize or make fun of for doing something stupid. There isn't one, because no one has a perfect career and I seem to be the only guy here who is a stan of no one. I left that shit behind just like I left high school.

What stans don't seem to get is that I'm a real fan of Crooked I. The reason I critique him is because I WANT him to succeed. I WANT him to drop that classic debut. I want the best for any rapper I like to listen to. The guy can spit his ass off, and I enjoy hearing his freestyles. Unfortunately, his original material usually isn't as good. So when I see something that can be improved upon I'm going to point it out. No matter who it is.

Reason I'm so passionate about it is because I WANT his shit to come out. Dude has been in the game for years and hasn't dropped a single album. I'm fucking pissed off about that. Who the fuck wouldn't be? It annoys me off that he can't get his shit together long enough to put out an album. When I look at at Crooked I, I see a straight spitter with a lot of talent who hasn't lived up to his potential yet. Maybe you are content to listen to freestyles over other people's beats. Maybe that's all you want out of Crooked. Fuck that, I want to hear an original album from him at his best. And I want it to go hard. Until that day I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing.

Yeah, that was a rant but oh well. Was a long time coming. This same thing goes for any other rapper I listen to. Sick of stans thinking I have it out for a rapper just because I'm willing to criticize them. Fyi Jaydc, no, I don't have it out for Nas just because I think his discography is inconsistent as fuck.  ;D

That's fantastic..

Honestly, respect.

None of that changes what Crooked meant in those lines. :P

Directed at you, since you insisted on implying I have something against Crooked I. And you tend to do that frequently.

Back on topic. You are doing what is called selective listening. Yes, he says in the song we should move on from thinking Detox is going to save the west. But to now act all crazy about it now that a song has leaked is clearly hypocritical. Its right there in the song.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2010, 12:48:38 PM »
How did he get the instrumental

Thats what I'm wondering.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

V2DHeart

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2010, 01:54:14 PM »
And, if you want proof he can't create some dope single material just look at the 52 week build up and then the failed delivery of a hot single.  It was a wack track with akon. 

lol

I'm with you on that one. There's so many of those bullshyt tracks that I manage to avoid because I don't keep up with all these wack sounding trash that comes out, despite it creating a little 'minute' buzz from online fans. Block Obama mixtapes was some of them, skippers due to the weak music behind it, or the fact the beats didn't relate to the lyrics. It doesn't have to be a musical master piece for me to listen to, but I can listen to an Immortal Technique mixtape all the way through, but not a Crooked I one, why is that? I know Crook is hot, but his mixtapes don't retain any interest or replay value besides a few tracks. His DR material however...........

I tend to disagree. The majority (as many past and recent polls would indicate) would rather hear his Untouchable album or other Death Row unheard material over BO$$ or anything else he ever done on Treacherous. He also had better artistic development and direction with Tha Row than he does now. He's a well rounded artist today, and is still as talented today as he was then, but certain attributes such as his flow, rawness and delivery were a bit more polished back then, just IMO though. He does show how to put it down on that under pressure beat, and again shows just how talented he is, but he needs better advise and direction. At least on DR he mostly rapped freestyles over original production, and not just the next mans hottest flavor of the month. The HHW thing had concept and that's reasonable, but these random shit outs of mixtape amateur tracks do nothing to solidify his image as a boss, or professional veteran in the rap game that one would expect from someone in it for almost 20 years with the portfolio he has. That's not hate, that's just the way it is, from a genuine Crooked I fan who wishes him the best to succeed in his career.

Slaughterhouse, Hoodstar album, 'original' mixtape work, and million dollar story promo are things he should be focusing on and trying to rebuild a confidence to the fans that he's capable of much more than a Papoose, or a Cyssero that the fans believe he is
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: No wonder Dre said "Under Pressure" was unfinished...
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2010, 02:19:55 PM »
Actually, Crooked looked hell of lame for jumping on this track.  He tells the world to move on from Detox then he is the first to jump on it's cock.  I'm not even hating on his flow or his content, just the tactic.   Crooked needs to create a hot single that stands for itself and speaks for him instead of resorting to lame publicity tactics like this.

Kind of agree with this. In fact, I fully agree with this. Like said - He tells everyone to move on from Detox yet is the first to jump on and do "another" rap over someone elses beat  ::)

Oh for the love of fucking God! How fuckin difficult it is to understand that Move On verse. He says rappers should stop worrying about Detox because it won't help them if they're just waiting for it to drop & save the west. Unless they're on the album or have written for it. He says even if the album is dope, it's not gonna help you because you're not on it. Now he says he wants Detox to blow & thanks that it's finally dropping as a fan. Not as an artist.

The move on verse was just not a mcs and rappers, it was directed towards the entire west coast, to any fan of west coast music.  

You fail to grasp the content of Move On and thus you fail to see why he's a hypocrite.  You don't tell people to move on from something and then be the first to support it.  He's acting like Game.

Edit:

And, Crooked's material form his Death Row era was cliche gangsta rap and some of his material today is cliche gangsta rap. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 02:23:59 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

V2DHeart

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2010, 02:35:23 PM »
Actually, Crooked looked hell of lame for jumping on this track.  He tells the world to move on from Detox then he is the first to jump on it's cock.  I'm not even hating on his flow or his content, just the tactic.   Crooked needs to create a hot single that stands for itself and speaks for him instead of resorting to lame publicity tactics like this.

Kind of agree with this. In fact, I fully agree with this. Like said - He tells everyone to move on from Detox yet is the first to jump on and do "another" rap over someone elses beat  ::)

Oh for the love of fucking God! How fuckin difficult it is to understand that Move On verse. He says rappers should stop worrying about Detox because it won't help them if they're just waiting for it to drop & save the west. Unless they're on the album or have written for it. He says even if the album is dope, it's not gonna help you because you're not on it. Now he says he wants Detox to blow & thanks that it's finally dropping as a fan. Not as an artist.

The move on verse was just not a mcs and rappers, it was directed towards the entire west coast, to any fan of west coast music.  

You fail to grasp the content of Move On and thus you fail to see why he's a hypocrite.  You don't tell people to move on from something and then be the first to support it.  He's acting like Game.

Edit:

And, Crooked's material form his Death Row era was cliche gangsta rap and some of his material today is cliche gangsta rap. 

Amen. Any remember "I'm a Gangsta" with Yukmouth and Ray J? Talk about one dimensional cliche gangsta rap. His verse of being a boss, cars, having money, bitches etc. Both era's have their fair share of exaggerated and fictional self-character raps. I Love The Ghetto To Death, Lil Youngsters, suffered too long etc. His days over there are over looked a bit in terms of diversity in themes. His song writing has never been rusty. 2010 alone proves that
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »
At least on DR he mostly rapped freestyles over original production, and not just the next mans hottest flavor of the month. The HHW thing had concept and that's reasonable, but these random shit outs of mixtape amateur tracks do nothing to solidify his image as a boss, or professional veteran in the rap game that one would expect from someone in it for almost 20 years with the portfolio he has. That's not hate, that's just the way it is, from a genuine Crooked I fan who wishes him the best to succeed in his career.

Slaughterhouse, Hoodstar album, 'original' mixtape work, and million dollar story promo are things he should be focusing on and trying to rebuild a confidence to the fans that he's capable of much more than a Papoose, or a Cyssero that the fans believe he is

^^^^^^this, even tho crooked is one of the illest spit'n bar none, just to see him do the same tricc over and over has wore off on me, i want to see him create his own shit where people are trying to jump on his shit and follow him instead of the other way around, hip hop weekly was impressive but like i said when it was going on if he doesn't have an album ready to go after that,it's basically all for not,i respect the slaughterhouse record but i'm still waiting to hear a focused crooked solo project with a great executive producer (doesn't need to be a big name star,just somebody who can get the best outta the equal) yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

V2DHeart

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2010, 04:45:47 PM »
Some of the best material he's ever spat on comes from the likes of LT Hutton, Big Hutch, & Darren Vegas. I wouldn't mind seeing some of those producers on his own debut

Jaydc

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2010, 05:17:33 PM »

Edit:

Even though its been broken down to you in simple terms you still choose to act ignorant.I guess sometimes people just love to hate even though its been pointed out out to them they are in fact wrong.

Jaydc

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2010, 05:43:21 PM »

lol

I tend to disagree. The majority (as many past and recent polls would indicate) would rather hear his Untouchable album or other Death Row unheard material over BO$$ or anything else he ever done on Treacherous. He also had better artistic development and direction with Tha Row than he does now. He's a well rounded artist today, and is still as talented today as he was then, but certain attributes such as his flow, rawness and delivery were a bit more polished back then, just IMO though. He does show how to put it down on that under pressure beat, and again shows just how talented he is, but he needs better advise and direction. At least on DR he mostly rapped freestyles over original production, and not just the next mans hottest flavor of the month. The HHW thing had concept and that's reasonable, but these random shit outs of mixtape amateur tracks do nothing to solidify his image as a boss, or professional veteran in the rap game that one would expect from someone in it for almost 20 years with the portfolio he has. That's not hate, that's just the way it is, from a genuine Crooked I fan who wishes him the best to succeed in his career.

His deathrow material was far from being polished.It was mostly generic music.And if you havent heard young boss vol.2 that was all original music and it shit all over eevrything he recorded on deathrow.I dont even think its close,hes ten times the artist today then when he was on death row.I have no real desire to listen to his deathrow material ever.Nor does any crooked I fan it seems.Polls arent any true reflection of anything,especially on this forum.