Author Topic: Crooked I - Under Pressure Freestyle  (Read 1775 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: No wonder Dre said "Under Pressure" was unfinished...
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2010, 06:46:51 PM »
Actually, Crooked looked hell of lame for jumping on this track.  He tells the world to move on from Detox then he is the first to jump on it's cock.  I'm not even hating on his flow or his content, just the tactic.   Crooked needs to create a hot single that stands for itself and speaks for him instead of resorting to lame publicity tactics like this.

Kind of agree with this. In fact, I fully agree with this. Like said - He tells everyone to move on from Detox yet is the first to jump on and do "another" rap over someone elses beat  ::)

Oh for the love of fucking God! How fuckin difficult it is to understand that Move On verse. He says rappers should stop worrying about Detox because it won't help them if they're just waiting for it to drop & save the west. Unless they're on the album or have written for it. He says even if the album is dope, it's not gonna help you because you're not on it. Now he says he wants Detox to blow & thanks that it's finally dropping as a fan. Not as an artist.

The move on verse was just not a mcs and rappers, it was directed towards the entire west coast, to any fan of west coast music.  

You fail to grasp the content of Move On and thus you fail to see why he's a hypocrite.  You don't tell people to move on from something and then be the first to support it.  He's acting like Game.

Edit:

And, Crooked's material form his Death Row era was cliche gangsta rap and some of his material today is cliche gangsta rap. 

Even though its been broken down to you in simple terms you still choose to act ignorant.I guess sometimes people just love to hate even though its been pointed out out to them they are in fact wrong.

You don't even understand the verse yet you think you broke it down.  You're just an idiot.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

V2DHeart

Re: Crooked I - Under Pressure Freestyle
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2010, 06:47:30 PM »
It was polished. From the delivery right down the production. Some of his more recent work sounds like it's been produced by some bedroom producer on his mothers PC using some fruityloops software. Musically it can't compete

lol @ young boss vol 2 shytting on anything he ever recorded on Death Row. Jack 101, the OG house party & Raw Dawgz shyt on that entire mixtape alone. Boom Boom Clap was on that young boss mixtape if memory serves me right, as well as that all I ever wanted track and those tracks don't display Crooks natural ability of a raw and hungry MC, or his lyrical talent. They're basic commercial attempts with simple structure like a lot on that mixtape with production that don't belong to the likes of Crooked I. Obviously there are those that will fall into the minority who prefer his recent work over the Death Row material, but his Dogg Pound/Death Row collection, early DR right to the point of the SHTTBG session tracks are most desired by the fans - even on "this" forum. They spark the most interest, and discussion. Slap Back - a Death Row era track leaks, and it sparks up the entire rap forum network, and a lot of discussions on rap sites and message boards over the net. A Boss leak is put online, and it gets about 18 maximum responses and is forgotten about within days. SHTTBG EP gathered more interest and discussion over Pig Face Weapon Waist EP as well. It's just one of those things
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Jaydc

Re: No wonder Dre said "Under Pressure" was unfinished...
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2010, 08:49:17 PM »
Actually, Crooked looked hell of lame for jumping on this track.  He tells the world to move on from Detox then he is the first to jump on it's cock.  I'm not even hating on his flow or his content, just the tactic.   Crooked needs to create a hot single that stands for itself and speaks for him instead of resorting to lame publicity tactics like this.

Kind of agree with this. In fact, I fully agree with this. Like said - He tells everyone to move on from Detox yet is the first to jump on and do "another" rap over someone elses beat  ::)

Oh for the love of fucking God! How fuckin difficult it is to understand that Move On verse. He says rappers should stop worrying about Detox because it won't help them if they're just waiting for it to drop & save the west. Unless they're on the album or have written for it. He says even if the album is dope, it's not gonna help you because you're not on it. Now he says he wants Detox to blow & thanks that it's finally dropping as a fan. Not as an artist.

The move on verse was just not a mcs and rappers, it was directed towards the entire west coast, to any fan of west coast music.  

You fail to grasp the content of Move On and thus you fail to see why he's a hypocrite.  You don't tell people to move on from something and then be the first to support it.  He's acting like Game.

Edit:

And, Crooked's material form his Death Row era was cliche gangsta rap and some of his material today is cliche gangsta rap.  

Even though its been broken down to you in simple terms you still choose to act ignorant.I guess sometimes people just love to hate even though its been pointed out out to them they are in fact wrong.

You don't even understand the verse yet you think you broke it down.  You're just an idiot.

ok break it down genius.You know your wrong but you just wont admit it because you went off on some stupid rant and you dont want to look stupid.

Back in Cali, niggas blaze and stress
Waiting on Detox to save the West
Even if the shit is dope it ain't giving you niggas hope
Unless your signature's wrote on the check from Interscope, nope
Move on

Where in those lyrics is him saying people should stop checking for detox?Where action,come on man break it down for us where does he say people shouldnt want to listen to detox.If your so smart I want to you to read those lyrics and tell us where hes saying that.youve quickly turned into one of the worst posters on this forum with your constant ignorance.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:53:32 PM by Jaydc is dying everyday »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2010, 09:01:28 PM »
"Even if the shit is dope it ain't giving you niggas hope
Unless your signature's wrote on the check from Interscope, nope."

That right there is like blatant, obvious English.

Unless you're working on the album, it doesn't mean shit for you; so stop acting like it's going to help your career.

It doesn't mean you can't be hyped that it's coming out as a fan of Hip Hop.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2010, 09:15:18 PM »

Unless you're working on the album, it doesn't mean shit for you; so stop acting like it's going to help your career.

Then how does him saying,

"I want to hear only this in the in club for the next 6 months." not make him an hypocrite?

Even if he is only telling all artists to move on from Detox then why he is the first person to hop back on it?  

Why can't y'all see the hypocrisy?

I honestly think y'all too far on his tip to see straight.

Edit:

Here's how I interpert the entire verse, and not just the bars.  Note that the bars are a part of a a larger picture. Essentially, Crooked I is telling the entire West Coast to move on and give him a proper chance.  Hence,

And now the best question you have to ask me,
is this a real neckalace?
Where's your beat from Dre?  Your feature from Cube?
These things leave people confused.

Detox is specifically highlighted because, from both fans and mcs, it's basically the only thing that has enough power to help the west coast out.  He doesn't say MCs, he says niggas.  It's directed at everybody. 

The entire verse is to us, don't you get that's why he opened with

When fan pictures my interviews ...

and continues with,

Is this your vision? Cool.

That verse is about people moving on from Detox and focusing on other MCs.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:24:16 PM by Action! »
- Banks

Jaydc

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »

"I want to hear only this in the in club for the next 6 months." not make him an hypocrite?

Even if he is only telling all artists to move on from Detox then why he is the first person to hop back on it?  

LOL,maybe its because they have nothing to do with one another?In one hes telling people to move on from the thought its going to help peoples career and in the other hes saying he wants to hear the music all the time?What does that have to do with one another?Explain action how those have anything to with one another.

Where is he saying people shouldnt enjoy the music on move on?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:23:55 PM by Jaydc is dying everyday »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2010, 09:25:24 PM »

LOL,maybe its because they have nothing to do with one another?In one hes telling people to move on from the thought its going to help peoples career and in the other hes saying he wants to hear the music all the time?What does that have to do with one another?Explain action how those have anything to with one another.

I had edited my reply before I saw this so I'm a just insert in my edit.

Here's how I "interpret" the entire verse, and not just the bars.  Note that the bars are a part of a a larger picture. Essentially, Crooked I is telling the entire West Coast to move on and give him a proper chance.  Hence,

Where's your beat from Dre?  Your feature from Cube?

Detox is specifically highlighted because, from both fans and mcs, it's basically the only thing that has enough power to help the west coast out.  He doesn't say MCs, he says niggas.  It's directed at everybody.

and continues with,

Edit:

I see it as hypocrisy because, by my intepretation, of the verse you don't tell people to move on from somethign and then promote it.  How can you move on when your promoting the object you just told everyone to move on from?

Note, he said WEST COAST MOVE ON.  Not. MCS move on, step ya game up, etc.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:28:12 PM by Action! »
- Banks

Jaydc

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2010, 09:28:28 PM »
It was polished. From the delivery right down the production. Some of his more recent work sounds like it's been produced by some bedroom producer on his mothers PC using some fruityloops software. Musically it can't compete

lol @ young boss vol 2 shytting on anything he ever recorded on Death Row. Jack 101, the OG house party & Raw Dawgz shyt on that entire mixtape alone. Boom Boom Clap was on that young boss mixtape if memory serves me right, as well as that all I ever wanted track and those tracks don't display Crooks natural ability of a raw and hungry MC, or his lyrical talent. They're basic commercial attempts with simple structure like a lot on that mixtape with production that don't belong to the likes of Crooked I. Obviously there are those that will fall into the minority who prefer his recent work over the Death Row material, but his Dogg Pound/Death Row collection, early DR right to the point of the SHTTBG session tracks are most desired by the fans - even on "this" forum. They spark the most interest, and discussion. Slap Back - a Death Row era track leaks, and it sparks up the entire rap forum network, and a lot of discussions on rap sites and message boards over the net. A Boss leak is put online, and it gets about 18 maximum responses and is forgotten about within days. SHTTBG EP gathered more interest and discussion over Pig Face Weapon Waist EP as well. It's just one of those things

Slap back got attention because it was a snoop diss no other reason.I think your one of 3 people that actually think his music was better back then,it clearly isnt.The deathrow era was easily his worst era of music.The only people that prefer that era are people that arent really crooked i fans but rather those group of europeans obsessed with anything deathrow.His music was far from polished on deathrow.It sounded amatuer and boring.Ask the artist himself and he will tell you the same.people care about the deathrow name and the music regardless of wether or not its better.2pacs best music wasnt made on deathrow,but dont tell a deathrow fan that.

Jaydc

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2010, 09:35:07 PM »

I had edited my reply before I saw this so I'm a just insert in my edit.

Here's how I "interpret" the entire verse, and not just the bars.  Note that the bars are a part of a a larger picture. Essentially, Crooked I is telling the entire West Coast to move on and give him a proper chance.  Hence,

Where's your beat from Dre?  Your feature from Cube?

Detox is specifically highlighted because, from both fans and mcs, it's basically the only thing that has enough power to help the west coast out.  He doesn't say MCs, he says niggas.  It's directed at everybody.

and continues with,

Edit:

I see it as hypocrisy because, by my intepretation, of the verse you don't tell people to move on from somethign and then promote it.  How can you move on when your promoting the object you just told everyone to move on from?

Note, he said WEST COAST MOVE ON.  Not. MCS move on, step ya game up, etc.

lol,you just spliced up parts of the verse and didnt even make sense.That whole verse isnt about detox,that one set of bars that i quoted is about detox,the rest isnt.

When Fans Picture My Interviews
They Think I'm In A Swimmin' Pool
With Women Who've Been Abused
So They Turn Into Strippers
Makin They Livin' In The Nude
One In The Middle Blowin' My Inner Tube
While The Interviewers Gettin Ridiculed
Is This Your Vision Cool
Let Me Give U A Little Jewel
Any Dude Who Wanna Sit N My Tennis Shoes Is Missin Screwz
Don't Get It Misconstrued
Don't Get Tha Shit Confused
I'm 2 Seconds From Prison Food I'm a Different Dude
Pistol In My Reach Man
Still In Long Beach Man
Hoping If My Grind Don't Help Me Get Out My Speech Can
I Been In The Streets Longer Than Yao Mings Wingspan
U Can Be MTV I'll Be CSpan
I Deal With Politics Bandanas And Hollow Tips
Half U Rappers Follow This
Role Models Can Swallow Dick
Was Stressed Out Over Cashflow
HipHop Used 2 Console My Soul
Now It's A Bunch Of Assholes
Rap About And Dance While I'm Targeting Cops
Spit Sum Shit 4 Oscar Grant Hit Tha Seargent With Shots
Make Him A Ghost Like He Part Of Tha LOX
I Won't Stop Recordin' Till I'm Makin Songs Harder Than Pac's
If It Don't Happen At Least A Nyggah Know He Right There
Every Memory Under My Dodger Hats A Nightmare
As A Kid I Had 2 Steal Breakfast
An Now Tha Best Question U Have 2 Ask Me
Is This A Real Necklace
Wheres Ya Beat From Dre Ya Feature From Cube
These Things Leave People Confused
Cause They Know I Leave Speakers Abused I Eat Tha EQ's
I Eat Thru Tha Beat What's Tha Secret I Think It's Tha Shoes
Out In Cali Nyggahs Blaze An Stress
Waitin' On DeTox 2 Save Tha West
Even If Tha Shit Is Dope
It Ain't Givin U Nyggahs Hope
Unless Your Signatures Wrote On Tha Check From Interscope... NOPE

He opens with the interview line because thats the whole concept of the song.They are doing verses of the answers thety always have to answer to when being interviewed.Frist he addresses the fantasy that most hip hop fans of the artists,then he talks about himself then he talks about detox.The verse isnt one fluid subject.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2010, 09:43:46 PM »
1. I'm not saying the entire verse is about Detox.

Evidently, I'm not communicating properly.

The point of the verse is to tell everybody to move on and focus on him.  Part of everybody moving on is telling people to get over Detox, it's not the second coming.  Another part is telling people to not assume you know anything about him (hence the opening bars).  Another part is to move past artificial bullshit like chains.  Yes, another part is telling other MCs to move on but that isn't the core message of the track.

Does this make any sense?

I'm not denying him the right to enjoy Detox, it's just hypocritical for him to promote it when he told everybody to move on.

It's fine you don't agree.  Jaydc, you take disagreements really personal.  If you want to explain the point of the verse (and a few bars), then enlighten me.
- Banks

Jaydc

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2010, 09:44:29 PM »
Where did he write move on and focus on him?

JohnnyL

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2010, 09:46:36 PM »
A Boss leak is put online, and it gets about 18 maximum responses and is forgotten about within days. SHTTBG EP gathered more interest and discussion over Pig Face Weapon Waist EP as well. It's just one of those things

I wish Crooked I still put "B.O.S.S." leaks online instead of freestyles over other people's instrumentals.  As far as Death Row versus post-Death Row, I'm not sure which era I like most.  I like them both.  But I bet we're a lot more likely to see more Death Row Crooked I albums than we are Dynasty Records Crooked I albums.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2010, 09:47:28 PM »
Where did he write move on and focus on him?

From the first bar
- Banks

Jaydc

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2010, 09:51:26 PM »
Im not seeing that at all,I dont know where your getting that lol.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2010, 11:16:46 PM »
Fuck this chit chat, Crook sounds dope over this beat, nuff said