Author Topic: dung beetle rappers exhibit a HEAVY D  (Read 137 times)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
dung beetle rappers exhibit a HEAVY D
« on: June 16, 2010, 06:13:38 PM »
when my boy heavy d came in the game with his boys, i was braille'n his shit,first joint i heard of his was mr big stuff,song was dope but i swear to god the style he used on that shit was prince marky dee from the fat boys,in fact i thought he was that fat muthafucca when i first heard the song lol, i ain't trip to hard off it tho.

next when das efx came out,heavy lifted they shit quite a bit too on songs (as well as others even mc eiht from time to time haha)

then when naughty had they run,good old heavy came and got his "treach" on for a good while (him as well as ll cool j)

next came the biggie days,when big blew the fucc up,heav lifted from that blacc fat muthafucca, i guess it came full circle with starting yo career off lifting from a fat dude to basically ending your run as a star in rap off of a fat dude "are you ready for big daddy"

all in all heav's one of my favorites but had to call a spade a spade yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

jeromechickenbone

Re: dung beetle rappers exhibit a HEAVY D
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 07:07:36 PM »
Yeah I always liked Heavy D - dude def had skills...

but now that you mention it, he was jackin for sure...Just The Two Of Us def had that Das EFX influence, Big Daddy was of course like you said straight influenced by Big Poppa...I never considered prince marky dee or treach though...does make me look at Hev in a different light.  But still a talented dude.

But give me Blue Funk any day of the week..

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 09:16:33 PM »
Yeah I always liked Heavy D - dude def had skills...

but now that you mention it, he was jackin for sure...Just The Two Of Us def had that Das EFX influence, Big Daddy was of course like you said straight influenced by Big Poppa...I never considered prince marky dee or treach though...does make me look at Hev in a different light.  But still a talented dude.

But give me Blue Funk any day of the week..

blue funk is classic, my favorite heav joint tho is big tyme yell

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 08:06:31 AM »
Jrome I think Just The Two of Us is Chubb Rock, right?

Back on Heavy, each of his albums had their fair share of straight bangers and I still enjoy them when I bump them despite all the biting.Plus he took Mcgruff under his wing and his album has some great material on it.

Interesting fact around the Peaceful Journey album, notably the infamous posse cut Don't Curse - in a radio interview Big Daddy kane was asked about collaborating with Rakim and why it never happened and he mentioned that a collabo almost came to fruition on Don't Curse, but Ra never showed up for the recording session so they put C.L. Smooth after Grand Puba instead of Rakim.He also detailed a little bit that if you notice each MC kind of presents the next one to rap, but C.L's name is scratched during Puba's verse which kinda cuts off right before he says "It's time to kick a verse, God Cypher Divine you can't curse" God Cypher Divine=Rakim, according to Big Daddy Kane.

Heavy D would've been responsible for the greatest posse cut since Marley's The Symphony - Kool G. Rap, Big Daddy Kane and Rakim (and let's not forget Grand Puba and Q-Tip) on one track  :o
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 01:51:27 PM »
Jrome I think Just The Two of Us is Chubb Rock, right?

Back on Heavy, each of his albums had their fair share of straight bangers and I still enjoy them when I bump them despite all the biting.Plus he took Mcgruff under his wing and his album has some great material on it.

Interesting fact around the Peaceful Journey album, notably the infamous posse cut Don't Curse - in a radio interview Big Daddy kane was asked about collaborating with Rakim and why it never happened and he mentioned that a collabo almost came to fruition on Don't Curse, but Ra never showed up for the recording session so they put C.L. Smooth after Grand Puba instead of Rakim.He also detailed a little bit that if you notice each MC kind of presents the next one to rap, but C.L's name is scratched during Puba's verse which kinda cuts off right before he says "It's time to kick a verse, God Cypher Divine you can't curse" God Cypher Divine=Rakim, according to Big Daddy Kane.

Heavy D would've been responsible for the greatest posse cut since Marley's The Symphony - Kool G. Rap, Big Daddy Kane and Rakim (and let's not forget Grand Puba and Q-Tip) on one track  :o

true shit my equal,and that's crazy with ra going after puba when they had beef as well

"mc grand poo butt" "stole his lazy and drove her crazy"
rakim took one of puba's bitches bacc in the day and bragged about the shit yell

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 01:59:30 PM »
grand puba was one of the most stylish niggas in the game, he had swag before there was a such word.

his first cd is classic material and on the low i bumped the shit out of 2000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 08:24:16 PM »
grand puba was one of the most stylish niggas in the game, he had swag before there was a such word.

his first cd is classic material and on the low i bumped the shit out of 2000
2000 had some bangers on it,especially the song 2000

and puba got tommy hillfiger pop'n off in the hood,to bad he ain't get no chipper jones from it yell