Author Topic: What Eminem songs released after 2003 are at his 98-2003 quality level?  (Read 444 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

What songs has Nas released that are as good as anything off Illmatic? Besides "Dance". :P

Rappers Artists naturally decline overtime; they lose the spirit, things to write about, the passion to make something amazing; it happens.

Either way, in my personal opinion nothing - by no rapper - is better than what he did during those 5 years.

Why are you bringing up Nas? Where's Jome with his thread splitting?

Nas always has a few tracks per album that can fuck with illmatic. And Dance is a nice dedication to his mother but its not even the best song on that album.

Heaven, Thugz Mansion, Made You Look > Dance. Damn I'm gonna go and bump that album right now.  ;D

Most artists do decline overtime. Except Masta Ace.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:18:53 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i personally think this shit is fucc'n stupid, it's all opinion and it seems like we as fans turned into rolling stone reviewers or something, if you are more of a fan of his deep shit you gonna want more in that vain if you favor the comical you gonna want more joints like that, i dig alot of his joints post 2003 and even a couple on this new album which i don't like that well yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Jay_J

Deja Vu is as good as or better than;

cleaning out my closet
say goodbye
without me
superman
hailie's song
when the music stops

No fuckin way...   "Cleaning Out My Closet" was like an epic man.  They almost used that as the theme song to the 8 Mile movie, remember it was used in the previews, it ended up being a huge single.  That song is a monster.  And "Say Goodbye to Hollywood" has ended up being one of the most sincere and prophetic songs he recorded, he predicted the demise of his career in that song.  "Without Me" was a huge number one single that launched his album to a million in sales in the first week. 

i agree.... cleaning out my closet and say goodbye to hollywood are songs you can't compare with deja vu... they are so fucking great hits... deja vu is just one of the best songs on relapse... those 2 songs are one of the bests on em's carreer... ;)

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
What songs has Nas released that are as good as anything off Illmatic? Besides "Dance". :P

Rappers Artists naturally decline overtime; they lose the spirit, things to write about, the passion to make something amazing; it happens.

Either way, in my personal opinion nothing - by no rapper - is better than what he did during those 5 years.

thats not a far comparison though its one album(nas) vs 5 years(eminem)

if you do the same with nas 1st 5 years as opposed to just illmatic theres plenty of songs that would stack up off top of my head

rewind
2nd childhood
made you look
carry the cross
live now
ether
patience
star wars
purple

and i aint even listened to any nas in a while

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
^all good/great songs; yet inferior.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
^all good/great songs; yet inferior.
[/quote

so your saying none of them would have made the cut on "it was written" or "i am"?...i realize its a flawed arguement as em's 1st 3 albums>>nas's 1st 3 albums but for me nas feel off then got back on and alot of his later stuff is superior to the stuff on his 2nd and 3rd album

whereas there really is very little eminem has dropped post 03 that compares to his 1st 3 albums

and dont get me wrong i know on this forum i probably come across anti-eminem but its only cus i was such a big fan back in the day...