Author Topic: Seattle Mariners= Cursed Franchise  (Read 153 times)

theremedy360

Seattle Mariners= Cursed Franchise
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:38:47 AM »
We've been in the league since '77, 4 playoff appearances,  2 ALCS appearances, NO WORLD SERIES APPEARANCES

Adrian Beltre for us last year (entire season)- .265 8 hr 44 RBI's
Beltre on the Red Sox so far this year - .335 9 hr 44 RBI's
plus that asshole never even hit above .280 for Seattle after we gave him his fucking superstar contract

Carlos Silva in his two years with the Mariners
year one- 4 wins 16 losses with a 6.46 ERA
year two- 1 win 3 losses with a 8.64 ERA

Carlos Silva this year with the Cubs (first year)
8 wins 1 Loss 2.89 ERA

Chone Figgins- Last year BA- .298
                    This year BA- .228

Two years ago we traded Adam Jones (our top prospect and all star last year) for Erik Bedard who hasn't even pitched half a season for us

I could go on forever...

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Re: Seattle Mariners= Cursed Franchise
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 10:50:15 AM »
and this was suppose to be a good year for them as well.

still not too late to turn things around though; almost 100 games remaining for the season.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 12:39:33 PM »
but you do have the greatest player ever, Ichiro. ;D

LegendaryEternallyCLE

• Lil Geezy
  • Cleveland is the City where I come from
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 06:40:31 PM »
Any Cleveland Franchise = More Cursed

theremedy360

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 07:53:58 PM »

I love Ichiro, but I honestly feel like we wasted away his best years. Yeah we were great his first year (2001( here but 0 playoff appearances since then. He's definitely made these shitty years more entertaining though, we're lucky he likes playing here. 

At least you guys have a World Series appearance within the last 15 years (you beat Seattle). Y'all also got to the finals just a few years ago. Us Seattle people lost our basketball team (who are now good a playoff team with the top young player in the league) and have a football team that has been a complete let down the last two seasons.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:57:48 PM »

I love Ichiro, but I honestly feel like we wasted away his best years. Yeah we were great his first year (2001( here but 0 playoff appearances since then. He's definitely made these shitty years more entertaining though, we're lucky he likes playing here. 

I wonder if he'll ever leave to try to win a ring; kind of hope not, unless he's in pinstripes. :P

The Come Up Shuffle

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 08:16:02 PM »

Ichiro is a great player but faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from the greatest ever lol.

theremedy360

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 08:21:20 PM »

I wonder if he'll ever leave to try to win a ring; kind of hope not, unless he's in pinstripes. :P

If Ichiro signs with NY I'll probably just stop watching baseball lol. I will say that he certainly deserves a ring though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 08:24:10 PM »

Ichiro is a great player but faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from the greatest ever lol.

the grin wasn't enough for you?

alright, i'll rephrase...

"but you do have the greatest player ever Ichiro..lol, just kidding, i was using hyperbole; the English writing form of speech used to describe something in another exaggerated way, most commonly used in a way to evoke strong feeling or to create a strong imprssion...not to be taken literally though, 360".

sorry for the confusion.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 08:26:07 PM »

If Ichiro signs with NY I'll probably just stop watching baseball lol. I will say that he certainly deserves a ring though.

lmfao, don't worry, i don't think he will.

& he deserves like seventeen rings.

*that was hyperbole as well*

The Come Up Shuffle

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 08:34:45 PM »

the grin wasn't enough for you?

alright, i'll rephrase...

"but you do have the greatest player ever Ichiro..lol, just kidding, i was using hyperbole; the English writing form of speech used to describe something in another exaggerated way, most commonly used in a way to evoke strong feeling or to create a strong imprssion...not to be taken literally though, 360".

sorry for the confusion.

I have to admit, I am surprised you actually know what hyperbole means.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 08:39:20 PM »
^funny guy, everybody...funnnnny. guy.

Jaydc

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 04:06:28 AM »

At least you guys have a World Series appearance within the last 15 years (you beat Seattle). Y'all also got to the finals just a few years ago. Us Seattle people lost our basketball team (who are now good a playoff team with the top young player in the league) and have a football team that has been a complete let down the last two seasons.

Cleveland lost its football franchise only for them to go to baltimore and win a superbowl.Then start a new franchise and have ti be terrible again lol

theremedy360

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2010, 12:19:33 PM »

Cleveland lost its football franchise only for them to go to baltimore and win a superbowl.Then start a new franchise and have ti be terrible again lol

At least they have a new franchise though. I do think Seattle will get an NBA team at some point since it's a consensus that Seattle is a stronger market than many of their current ones. But until then, I have to sit here and suffer while Kevin Durant becomes one of the best in the game and all their stars that should be in my city continue to blossom.