Author Topic: Howcome the West/HipHop hasn't broke a new superstar  (Read 1315 times)

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Howcome the West/HipHop hasn't broke a new superstar
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 10:11:40 PM »
The west hasn't blow up because of the Dubcc forum.

Ok, i think it's the west on fault they not where they suppose to be. I can get into it but I'll others do the honors for now.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 10:33:45 PM »
DRAKE
NICKI MINAJ
SOULJA BOI

then 2 of the ppl in ur list are from Aftermath, u can go ask Dre why he aint put nobody out (Bishop?)

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 01:26:17 AM »
mixtape culture...

This actually cheapens music...its an easy way to make some bucks, but these New West artists cant get beyond a mixtape. Freestyles, freestyles and more freestyles !!! im sick of it !!

I know that the mixtape thing worked for a while, but enough already...go onto an independant label, release an album,a nd forget about sales...if u got a hot product, it will sell. but u got to get it out there, instead of promising an album for 10 years and then releasing a freestyle each week for a year !! COB !! ( Circle of Bums )

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 06:03:01 AM »
Howcome the West/Hip-Hop hasn't broke a superstar in years? Tha Realest, Crooked I, Sly Boogy, Top Dogg, Lil Rob, Shade Sheist, Knoc'Turnal, Bishop Lamont, to recent radio failures Jay Rock and Glasses Malone.  Then we've seen artists like Eastwood, Young Keno, and Ya Boy who never really got their chance.  The latest artist on the West to try and break is Nipsey Hussle, we will see what happens but judging by the past the odds are tough.

it is a talent issue, bar Crooked I, Jay Rock and Nipsey Hussle none of those others were ever a chance of 'blowing up'. Maybe Bishop or Glasses but to me, they lack the star power that is required to blow up ... Crooked might still be in with a chance off the back of Slaughterhouse

MarshColin

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 09:59:32 AM »
mixtape culture...

This actually cheapens music...its an easy way to make some bucks, but these New West artists cant get beyond a mixtape. Freestyles, freestyles and more freestyles !!! im sick of it !!

I know that the mixtape thing worked for a while, but enough already...go onto an independant label, release an album,a nd forget about sales...if u got a hot product, it will sell. but u got to get it out there, instead of promising an album for 10 years and then releasing a freestyle each week for a year !! COB !! ( Circle of Bums )

Agreed. Pisses me off when we complain about no Crooked I album and ppl give the excuse of "well he gave us 52 freestyles last year and a bunch of other shit for free." Cool! Thanks for the FREEstyles!!! Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 10:16:50 AM »
BECAUSE NATE DOGG CAN'T DO HOOKS ANYMORE!!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 10:24:01 AM »

I know that the mixtape thing worked for a while, but enough already...go onto an independent label, release an album and forget about sales...if u got a hot product, it will sell. but u got to get it out there...

Only those artists who caught this notice when it first made it's rounds are the ones not complaining about this declining industry.
I've been preaching the gospel about overseas venture since 03.. we can see who listened and who did not.

Hype = Buzz/Interest but Quality = $$$$$/Opportunities and Longevity.
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 10:46:32 AM »
BECAUSE NATE DOGG CAN'T DO HOOKS ANYMORE!!
I second that
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Jimmy H.

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 11:20:43 AM »
It also comes down to what makes moves outside of the region and even the cats that have been around since the 90's or before don't do a lot of touring outside the West or go to new areas to break records. I think given the divide between the "New West" and the "Old West" is only going to make it worse.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 04:20:05 PM »
mixtape culture...

i got to agree with alot of this my equal,cause what is a mixtape if you not gonna come with a real album after it? i mean if you come with 6 mixtapes bacc to bacc and then try to drop yo real shit the fans have gotten use to getting yo shit for free! and it's not who spits the most it's who makes the best music that moves the most people, and again you don't just need west coast beats,south beats,east etc come out with some interesting topics ON YO REAL SHIT and keep pushing it and seriously what do you got to lose yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

papa-smurf

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 05:15:44 PM »
havent no coast broke  anew superstar.shit game was the last superstar and i think nipsey is on his way to becomeing something.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 06:40:24 PM »
because they keep talking about the same shit over and over, because they do not support each other, gangsta rap is not marketable anymore, because they are afraid to try new things,

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 07:10:47 PM »
Gangsta rap isn't marketable??? Seriously???
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

RHustle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 07:51:22 PM »
Gangsta rap isn't marketable??? Seriously???

duh why u think T.I. gon pop and Jeezy keeps gettin his album pushed back... YG is the next Superstar out the West quote me... the kids and women love him and thats the key nowadays

westsiderider323

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 08:01:49 PM »
its 20fuckin10! no one in LA gang bangs no more gangsta rap now a days is only cool to wiggers and kids from the suburbs aint no one bangin no more that shit is played out its been 20+ years how the fuck is gangsta rap gon stay fresh after 20+ especially after there are fake ass rappers and shit all callin themselves "gangsta" get the fuck outta here HIP HOP is HIP HOP the west has to make HIP HOP dont matter what kind make good shit that people want to listen to and i aint talkin bout people that are stuck in the past/get boners over the word "detox"/still waitin for tupac to come out wit tracks