Author Topic: Howcome the West/HipHop hasn't broke a new superstar  (Read 1337 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Howcome the West/HipHop hasn't broke a new superstar
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 08:39:08 PM »
Lol @ tha realest comment
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

V2DHeart

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 05:18:16 AM »
Tha realest did break his last single reached #21 in the uk top 40 charts

No it didn't
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 07:21:39 AM »
I still think theres a place for westcoast music...respect the south. they were in a similar position in 2000...no one really was into the whole southside thing then. But No Limit, Cash Money etc got their independant game on and forced themselves into the industry.

All the west needs is to stop following blueprints...keep is west,keep it real and stop obsessing on sales.

And someone stated the has been no breakout artists recently??? Drake, B.O.B.,Gucci Mane, Nicki Minaj,Kid Cudi...dont get me wrong, i know someone is going to say that these are all "pop" acts, but they did their thing. a breakout artist is still possible !

Westcoast needs a hot hot hot single !! lets see what happens with Nipsey...i support that dude.

Jay Rock etc got no chance. They been around too long now. No one really is interested. Beside, i think Ice Cube dead him already.

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2010, 08:04:46 AM »

Westcoast needs a hot hot hot single !!

Speaking for many Western artists who have dropped hot singles since early in the decade:

What the West needs is a totally revamped regional radio industry
or for our artists to untuck their nuts and starting putting these non-supporters on blast.

They are worried about not getting played.. and at the same time, not gettin played anyways.

MOVE on EM.
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

FLIXX

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gardena 2 Da Fullest!!
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2010, 10:55:25 AM »
After reading these fourms 4 a few years I can c why an artist can't break..all I c is building anticipation 4 each nigga 2 fail on here..I'm still pissed that "The Reformation" didn't drop while the gettin was good.
Flixx

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 11:54:36 AM »
I still think theres a place for westcoast music...respect the south. they were in a similar position in 2000...no one really was into the whole southside thing then. But No Limit, Cash Money etc got their independant game on and forced themselves into the industry.

All the west needs is to stop following blueprints...keep is west,keep it real and stop obsessing on sales.

And someone stated the has been no breakout artists recently??? Drake, B.O.B.,Gucci Mane, Nicki Minaj,Kid Cudi...dont get me wrong, i know someone is going to say that these are all "pop" acts, but they did their thing. a breakout artist is still possible !

Westcoast needs a hot hot hot single !! lets see what happens with Nipsey...i support that dude.

Jay Rock etc got no chance. They been around too long now. No one really is interested. Beside, i think Ice Cube dead him already.
^^^^^alot of problems in what you just said, you only going to support nipsey and you think jay rocc been around to long? that's fucc'n stupid if he or any other makes hot music that's all that counts,stop having that mainstream point of thinking my equal,and that's a major problem for cats out here, the fans now act like the old stiffs who run the labels and radio. it's like electing obama equals get him in the white house and think that's the end all,no it's still other local areas that need to be fixed by mayor's etc,stop just think'n you have to do a succ off fest on one artist,fucc age or how long they been around. yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 11:58:03 AM »
its 20fuckin10! no one in LA gang bangs no more gangsta rap now a days is only cool to wiggers and kids from the suburbs aint no one bangin no more that shit is played out its been 20+ years how the fuck is gangsta rap gon stay fresh after 20+ especially after there are fake ass rappers and shit all callin themselves "gangsta" get the fuck outta here HIP HOP is HIP HOP the west has to make HIP HOP dont matter what kind make good shit that people want to listen to and i aint talkin bout people that are stuck in the past/get boners over the word "detox"/still waitin for tupac to come out wit tracks

ay i don't know where you live at my equal,but muthafuccas is still gang bang'n, you can't stop something that's free, and if jimmy and company knows when some gangsta artist break they gonna run and put more gangsta rap out,all business men care about is chipper jones so they gonna put what makes them the most doe,but don't think gang bang'n has ceased at all yell

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 12:03:15 PM »
unless Dre c/s you, you will not blow up
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 02:08:36 PM »
unless Dre c/s you, you will not blow up

not true at all but if equals keep believing that, it'll come true, fans want a leader can't do shit for self now a days, plus look at all the artist dre co-signed who are not here anymore and who never dropped? he's the greatest hip hop producer of all time in my book but that's where it stops yell

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 03:15:26 PM »
Gangsta rap isn't marketable??? Seriously???

duh why u think T.I. gon pop and Jeezy keeps gettin his album pushed back... YG is the next Superstar out the West quote me... the kids and women love him and thats the key nowadays

The best selling hip-hop albums have been gangsta type rappers who blend pop in with it. Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Fabo and Jada. Even with B.o.B dropping, Nas and Jr. Gong, Wale most of the new rappers aren't pushing large numbers except Drake. The top selling artist were Jay-Z, Wayne, Em and BEP. Two out of four gangsta type style pop rappers. It's not that gangsta rap isn't marketable, it's that major labels have flooded and controlled the industry with crap so that even good artist are only selling 20-50K out the gate
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 03:19:42 PM »
its 20fuckin10! no one in LA gang bangs no more gangsta rap now a days is only cool to wiggers and kids from the suburbs aint no one bangin no more that shit is played out its been 20+ years how the fuck is gangsta rap gon stay fresh after 20+ especially after there are fake ass rappers and shit all callin themselves "gangsta" get the fuck outta here HIP HOP is HIP HOP the west has to make HIP HOP dont matter what kind make good shit that people want to listen to and i aint talkin bout people that are stuck in the past/get boners over the word "detox"/still waitin for tupac to come out wit tracks

I don't mind the bad sentence structure but to say that no one in L.A. are gang banging anymore means you have never set foot in L.A. And people still do listen to gangsta rap. People still enjoy it and have the gangsta cd's right next to their Drakes and B.o.B's. People just like and want good creative music no matter what genre it is.
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »

Westcoast needs a hot hot hot single !!

Speaking for many Western artists who have dropped hot singles since early in the decade:

What the West needs is a totally revamped regional radio industry
or for our artists to untuck their nuts and starting putting these non-supporters on blast.

They are worried about not getting played.. and at the same time, not gettin played anyways.

MOVE on EM.

I agree with on you the radio situation out here. I can't even listen to radio anymore except the oldies

love33

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 04:15:29 PM »
Drake, B.O.B.,Gucci Mane, Nicki Minaj,Kid Cudi

None of those are superstars out of that group.  Gucci Mane's best album only sold a little over 400k, a star yes, but hardly a superstar.  Drake is on his way, he has one album which is over 400k, but he still isn't there yet, he's not sold over a millie in 5 years.  Go look at the sales, none of them are over a millie in units sold last 5 years.  A "superstar" has sold over a million albums in the last 5 years.

The problem in the West is that the West is strictly identified by the OGs:  Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Too Short, E-40, and Dr. Dre -- those are the biggest, most well-known artists in the West who get the most radio play and have the most recognition coast to coast.  While it's all good the OG West gets radio play and we want that, but the problem is the only one superstar we've broke in the past decade is The Game.  Other than Game, all our faces are from the 1990's.  And those guys are all trill, but they've been there done that and we have other talent like Eastwood, Ya Boy, Young Keno, and Nipsey Hussle.

I think the OG West should reach out because:

a) The new artists don't have the benefit of MTV videos -- MTV was a huge push to the OGs successes
b) The new artists don't get the huge radio play coast to coast that the OG's got in the mid 90's
c) The big record deals that the OGs got in the 1990s when Time Warner/Interscope, Warner Brothers, and Priority put big cash behind Gangsta Rap isn't there anymore.
d) The bootleggin is a lot heavier than it was in the early 90s when people were copying cassette tapes so these new artist have an uphill climb to sell
e) There is more competition now -- you got the South and Midwest in the game pumpin all kinds of artists and albums out -- when the OG West artists hit it big there was just California and New York

Snoop got his break from Dre/Warren G, Jay-Z from Nas & networking with the east, Diddy piggybacked off Notorious B.I.G., Game from 50 Cent & Dre, Lil Wayne off Juvenile and Mannie, etc.  Most of the OG West artists don't wanna provide a break.  Now Mack 10 is working with G Malone, but other than that, I don't see much in the West as far as an OG helping a New West artist

The new artists simply dont have the same opportunities and doors open when gangsta rap was fresh in the 90's.  They don't have the same doors open and nobody wants to open those doors includin the OGs.  The OGs dont want to give a new artist the same breaks they got.

SheraZ

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2010, 04:28:08 PM »
imo Ya boy OR nipsey r the only ones from the west that can really shine worldwide.. maybe not nipsey, but ya boy can because he is already into that hip pop shit.. and now with akon on his side, n if he get pushed right he can blow..

peace
www.thugtertainment.net  <- Hussein Fatal's Official Site!!

BORN LEGENDARY DROPPIN JUNE 16th on ITUNES and Thugtertainment.net (hardcopy)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2010, 04:33:08 PM »
Shiest i'ma have 2 disagree with u on tha part about just keepin it west and don't worry about the radio play.  you're basically saying everybody should go back 2 doing songs with "california" b4 or after the next word in the song and everybody should keep the funk bass and the "khakis and lowriders and palm trees" thing going on.... no sir... that's what made the WestCoast corny.  

You ask me, the West needs 2 get outta this "we are the west" thing (like Ice Cube's new album) and just branch off in2 different areas and try 2 not be "so westcoast".  the south don't try 2 be "south", they just do what they do, same with the EastCoast and the MidWest.  i think it's all government shit anyways, keep the gangsta shit isolated and growth stunted (california rap) so the rest of america don't succome to it and be influenced like all of us already are 4rom the 90's... anyways, the westcoast should just stop trying to be like the eastcoast and make a HipHop Empire with everything.  HipHop started in NYC, everybody can't be NYC.  The South wasn't on that shit really, niggaz just got together and did some music and that shit sold like a muthafucka and caught on.  Obviously it's a bizness now but b4 that niggaz waz just makin' recordz without tryna be so "coast orientated".  that's y'all biggest problem, "westcoast this, westcoast that", yeah it's cool 2 rep and talk about it from time 2 time but when u base your whole catalog off of it then it just puts niggaz in a box.  when u listen 2 south records u never hear about where they're from (the name of the place) just as much or more than u hear about that artist and what they've been thru (ex. Lil' Boosie).  

but don't get it twisted tho, to me, that GFunk whistle will never die or play out... i don't think it can 2 anybody honestly even if it's not for some westcoast rap music.