Author Topic: imagine how much this place would be buzzing if....  (Read 409 times)

OG Hack Wilson

imagine how much this place would be buzzing if....
« on: June 22, 2010, 10:47:39 PM »
instead of Joe Budden being the one who missed out on being on Eminem's first Slaughterhouse collabo, if it was CRooked

many people on here loves to hand Crooked losses  (ie. no album, the tattoo, beef with snoop etc) but seems like not many on the Dub will admit that Slaughterhouse is really paying off for dude's career

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: imagine how much this place would be buzzing if....
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 11:01:25 PM »
It's like some people ignore the fact he's part of Slaughterhouse; like it means nothing to his career.

I'm telling you, it's a simple theory people refuse to believe/listen to because it applies to them.

Example: Alright, so let's say I'm a big Nas fan. I love basically everything he's ever done. I'm convinced that he's the GOAT. Nobody can come close to seeing him in my eyes, today or yesterday. So now, you browse around the net & come across Crooked I fans & you see them "Oh, Crooked is easily the best around; he's been doing it better than anybody else for forever now. Hip Hop Weekly's >>> anything your favorite artist has done; blah, blah, blah" & all this other "Pro-Crooked I" stuff. Now I'm sitting there telling myself that "No, no, no. Nas is clearly the better MC"; you bring that up & then somebody disses Nas, "Oh, he's washed up". Now unless you were a pretty big Crooked I fan going into this, you've without a doubt just grew some hate for Crooked.

So basically, that example sums up Crooked I, ESPECIALLY since he doesn't have an album & basically Slaughterhouse; that crew came together, dropped some insane shit from the start & people were like "Oh, my God! The four best rappers in Hip Hop just came together to form a group to bring rap back". So now, fans of all these other artists, they find better than the Slaughterhouse four are like, "Fuck Slaughterhouse, they're good, but they're not as good as 'fill in the blank'". Then you got some guys on the internet saying, "No, they are better than 'so & so'" & then hate just comes Slaughterhouses way.

Likely the reason why people went so hyper-critical on critiquing their album & other albums are just given a simple "yeah, this is my shit! I love this album 8)".

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 11:04:59 PM »
yeah.  i love how people use the "well emcee-get-busy has an album so he's better than Crooked I"

the SH album certainly lacked a follow up to "move on" but still held its own as a solid record.  much of it still has replay value 10 months later.

This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 11:10:21 PM »
So now, fans of all these other artists, they find better than the Slaughterhouse four are like, "Fuck Slaughterhouse, they're good, but they're not as good as 'fill in the blank'". Then you got some guys on the internet saying, "No, they are better than 'so & so'" & then hate just comes Slaughterhouses way.

Likely the reason why people went so hyper-critical on critiquing their album & other albums are just given a simple "yeah, this is my shit! I love this album 8)".

Yeah I've been seeing a lot of that. Its typical with Hip Hop fans though. They only love you till you get a buzz then they hate you. Theres no more fans, theres only critics and bitter ex-fans who behave like possessive ex girlfriends lol.

Now I'm going to leave this thread before a certain idiot comes in and calls us a bitch of Bill Walton type equals who aren't networth then yells at me.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 11:34:44 AM by GangstaBoogy »
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 11:47:15 PM »
^Yeah, it's only when people start calling you great is when you start recieving hate.

& if it's not "hate", it's just super-ridiculous critiquing over little things nobody even paid attention to 15 years ago.

Sadly enough, I feel some albums from the 90's that are considered "classic" wouldn't get the same love if dropped in 2010 & vice versa; albums dropped in 2010 would be considered classics in the 90's.

Hot, new artists come around. Still relatively underground & people are hyped, loving them, supporting them in hopes they become a big name & then when they finally get recognition & start getting thrown into debates about "him > him" the same people who loved them coming up start hating because they were compared to the Nas's & Tupac's of the world.

Everybody just uses the keyboard to bicker & complain; back before everybody had a computer to run & complain to, nobody went hard if the mixing wasn't proper. Shit, people didn't even care if the production was "top-notch".

Just look at All Eyez On Me. Easily one of my favorite albums of all time, but I don't nessesarily think all of the production was some "insane, classic shit"; sure there were spots with classic production, but not the whole way through. Yet, nobody thought their opinion meant shit, so nobody complained, they just bumped.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 12:03:23 AM »
AEOM was produced beautifully    but the raps are what made it classic to me

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 09:23:06 AM »
AEOM was produced beautifully    but the raps are what made it classic to me

Nobody would ever deny it because it was made in the 90's lol.

MarshColin

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 10:09:28 AM »
I don't think anybody is saying Crooked I isn't as good as ppl who have albums out. We are fans of him first and foremost, and want an album out of him. He has loads of cool TRACKS but we been waiting to hear an album out of the dude forever. Albums are more meaningful to the artist, and us as fans. If he's not gonna release an album anytime soon, then why not leak the old stuff rather than piss your fans off more? Then he gets pissed when another company is putting out HIS music that he could have leaked to us a long time ago and not had to worry about this. He's an amazing MC, but it's frustrating being his fan. I hope Slaughterhouse takes off for him though, because if it doesn't, he will probably not gain anymore popularity than he already has.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 02:24:03 PM »
Lol. As far as this forum goes, Crooked I is probably the reason 90% of the people here are even checking for Slaughterhouse, me included. Before SH, Royce and Crooked were the only ones I cared about. There are far more people here who dislike Joe Budden. No album in 10 years or messing up his tattoo is shit anyone can poke fun at.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 02:29:49 PM »
nobody went hard if the mixing wasn't proper.

I've never gotten why so many people on here complain about mixing. I listen to these albums and can't even tell the difference. Maybe its because I bump my music on basic speakers and headphones, but even so, it can't be that bad. What I'm wondering is how the fuck do these people enjoy classic hip hop from the 80s and 90s? Mixing? This shit was foreign to me before I came here. I just throw albums in the player and if I like them I like them.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 02:31:36 PM »

Now I'm going to leave this thread before a certain idiot comes in and calls us a bitch of Bill Walton type equals who aren't networth then yells at me.

Fuck that cracked me up, the "then yells at me" got me lol.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 02:34:31 PM »

I've never gotten why so many people on here complain about mixing. I listen to these albums and can't even tell the difference. Maybe its because I bump my music on basic speakers and headphones, but even so, it can't be that bad.

That's basically it bro, when you're playing shit on a dope system you can tell the difference between something thats mixed well and something that isnt. If it's not mixed well the treble might over power the beat, the low end might not hit in the right places etc. Records that are mixed well sound dope in any system though, no matter how shitty, word to Dre's 2001

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 02:46:13 PM »

I've never gotten why so many people on here complain about mixing.

Because it's an excuse to hate on an album.

When lyrics are on point & the production is poppin', there is nothing to really say about an album from somebody you don't like; so they reach & say "Ehh, the mixing was pretty terrible, this is trash" lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 04:12:38 PM »

I've never gotten why so many people on here complain about mixing. I listen to these albums and can't even tell the difference. Maybe its because I bump my music on basic speakers and headphones, but even so, it can't be that bad.

That's basically it bro, when you're playing shit on a dope system you can tell the difference between something thats mixed well and something that isnt. If it's not mixed well the treble might over power the beat, the low end might not hit in the right places etc. Records that are mixed well sound dope in any system though, no matter how shitty, word to Dre's 2001

okay, but if that is the case how can you possibly enjoy an album like 36 Chambers? See that's a classic to me. I still bump it to this day. And as far as I know, they've never remastered it. Same goes for many other classic records.

MarshColin

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 04:27:46 PM »

I've never gotten why so many people on here complain about mixing.

Because it's an excuse to hate on an album.

When lyrics are on point & the production is poppin', there is nothing to really say about an album from somebody you don't like; so they reach & say "Ehh, the mixing was pretty terrible, this is trash" lol.

As a person with a trained ear, it is VERY annoying listening to something that is not mixed/mastered properly. It's like reading a a news article full of bad grammar and misspelled words. That being said, most people's ears aren't trained, which is the reason why some of us could care less about mixing/mastering. Some people are gonna complain, and others aren't gonna care.

It's not a reason to hate on an album for me. Most of the time when I would complain about the mixing/mastering of an album, it would be for an album I thought was dope but was disappointed by the quality of it and knew it could sound better, and wanted it to sound better.

That should put it into perspective good enough for you guys that don't care about the mixing/mastering of an album.