Author Topic: The ONE thing Em is missing!  (Read 308 times)

NotoriousTDA

The ONE thing Em is missing!
« on: June 27, 2010, 04:29:38 PM »
Is his crazy adlibs and sound effects he used to add to emphasize his lyrics!

Dont you miss that shit?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e2eNh4RtMik&amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e2eNh4RtMik&amp;hl</a>

perfect example.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: The ONE thing Em is missing!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 05:07:05 PM »
Different times, different music, different sound.

I mean, I agree; he hasn't done that shit in a long time. I can't recall it on Encore, Relpase or Recovery.

But that was back when he was being silly & crazy, now he's trying to be respected and "sane".

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:46:46 PM »
Nice thread... off the top of my head I think it was mostly a Slim Shady LP thing back when he was heavy on the adlibs.   I remember "Role Model" had a lot of adlibs, along with many other tracks. 

You know what would be great is if for old times sake he tried to do some songs using that style.  It will never happen, and if he did it would probably come off wack now.

Like the reply said, these are different times. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 11:27:51 PM »
Nice thread... off the top of my head I think it was mostly a Slim Shady LP thing back when he was heavy on the adlibs.   I remember "Role Model" had a lot of adlibs, along with many other tracks. 

You know what would be great is if for old times sake he tried to do some songs using that style.  It will never happen, and if he did it would probably come off wack now.

thats bullshit homie..cause that style is the style yall all wishing he would bring back...TIMES HAVE SHIT TO DO WITH IT when it comes to this cracka.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 11:29:47 PM »
and yeah thats whats missing..his8 MASTA ACE) biting style,and his adlibs.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 09:34:58 AM »

i think weedhead is right, what the hell does adlibs and sound effects have to do with these new times?

i think it added so much to the song and made it much more entertaining.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 11:50:39 AM »
Different times, different music, different sound.

I mean, I agree; he hasn't done that shit in a long time. I can't recall it on Encore, Relpase or Recovery.

But that was back when he was being silly & crazy, now he's trying to be respected and "sane".
come on now, Eminem used his first two albums as inspiration for Relapse

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »
I actually couldn't agree more.

He kind of did it with a new twist on My Darling, including the background sounds.Matter of fact, the more I listen to the song the more I think he should've used that style more.I mean, the has everything - a portion of his old style but just enough that one couldn't call it same old shit, the background sounds, reminiscent of Remember Me, Dre popping out of nowhere to drop some lines with a non-weird flow...it's really a great song imho
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>