Author Topic: Quarterfinals Bracket 2: Argentina - Germany & Paraguay - Spain  (Read 2315 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Quarterfinals Bracket 2: Argentina - Germany & Paraguay - Spain
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »
Argentina could have done with veron helping messi out in the game, kinda like xavi does for messi at barcelona. Regardless argentina got murrrrrrrked. And i was pleased. Schweinsteiger and Khedira had the mid on LOCK and thats there the game was won. I still think spain will beat them though. But you never know, germany are the form team with confidence.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2010, 07:17:41 PM »
Boca Juniors was doing better without Riquelme, he comes back and they're not even a top ten team in their league.  The role of the playmaker is dead in modern football.  You need players that can do much more than just receive the ball, slow the tempo and pass. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2010, 07:20:51 PM »
I agree about the encroachment but the offside was legit.  Cardozo was part of the play, you don't need to touch the ball for it to be offside.  

He wasn't any more offside that Klose was. And Klose was yesterday.

Either way, bad calls or not Paraguay had the chances to wrap it up and they couldn't. Unlike yesterday where Argentina simply couldn't create any real chances.

edit - unlike earlier today with Argentina.

All the credit to Paraguay, they did exactly what they wanted to do and had clearer chances.  That's how it is sometimes. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2010, 07:43:40 PM »
Boca Juniors was doing better without Riquelme, he comes back and they're not even a top ten team in their league.  The role of the playmaker is dead in modern football.  You need players that can do much more than just receive the ball, slow the tempo and pass. 

I still think Messi would have been the man of the team. I just think Riquelme would have meant another player with a touch. The way Argentina was this year it was only Messi feeding guys and no one to feed him. With Riuelme being able to set up plays he'd garner attention leaving Messi free to receive some well placed passes, instead of just making them.

I think Argentina's real downfall was they had no one to combat the rough and dirty play of the Germans. And I'm not really sure how you do it in soccer anyway. In hockey they have guys like Scott Stevens. when Jersey would play a team like Philly, Philly would use their muscle to throw around the Devils and free up room for talented players. But then Scott Stevens would absolutely obliterate someone in the centre of the ice and all of a sudden the Flyers got worried. It was like getting hit mid air by Ray Lewis. In soccer you can't body check to begin with legally. And as much as I would have like to seen Mueler get punted in the head, it would have cost the team a player to do that.

Germany could have been shaken up by one dynamite Messi goal. The kind of goal Maradona scored against England (the second goal), but Messi didn't have it in him today.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2010, 07:49:14 PM »
Boca Juniors was doing better without Riquelme, he comes back and they're not even a top ten team in their league.  The role of the playmaker is dead in modern football.  You need players that can do much more than just receive the ball, slow the tempo and pass.  

I still think Messi would have been the man of the team. I just think Riquelme would have meant another player with a touch. The way Argentina was this year it was only Messi feeding guys and no one to feed him. With Riuelme being able to set up plays he'd garner attention leaving Messi free to receive some well placed passes, instead of just making them.

I think Argentina's real downfall was they had no one to combat the rough and dirty play of the Germans. And I'm not really sure how you do it in soccer anyway. In hockey they have guys like Scott Stevens. when Jersey would play a team like Philly, Philly would use their muscle to throw around the Devils and free up room for talented players. But then Scott Stevens would absolutely obliterate someone in the centre of the ice and all of a sudden the Flyers got worried. It was like getting hit mid air by Ray Lewis. In soccer you can't body check to begin with legally. And as much as I would have like to seen Mueler get punted in the head, it would have cost the team a player to do that.

Germany could have been shaken up by one dynamite Messi goal. The kind of goal Maradona scored against England (the second goal), but Messi didn't have it in him today.

nigga what the fuck are you talking about? dirty play? loool we stripped them off the ball legally and disrupted their passing lanes all the time. what the fuck is dirty about that? they got laid out east coast style. plus, müller is the best new/young player of the tournament. why are you hating?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 07:54:07 PM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2010, 07:54:36 PM »

nigga what the fuck are you talking about? dirty play? loool we stripped them off the ball legally and disrupted their passing lanes all the time. what the fuck if dirty about that? they got laid out east coast style. plus, müller is the best new/young player of the tournament. why are you hating?

I meant on offense. On defense you played great.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2010, 04:32:27 AM »
Spain is not playing good at all, especially comparing to Eu 08. But Villa is in such incredible form. But he can't save them every single time, probably...

The spain of tonight is not good enough to beat germany.
another 4-0

Spain's midfield > Argentina's midfield

Different game
true.+ Capdevilla- Pique- Ramos- Puyol is another league than Otamendi & co.
Plus Müller is missing because of a yellow card which was a complete joke.

Spain was poor yesterday, but the semifinal 'll be a different game. No matter what happens in the last 2 games, we can say that germany saved the tournament. There have been some dramatic games lately, but we provided quality football. I'm really scared, we actually play good football, why nations like Netherlands or Brasil play like Germans. This is weird.

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2010, 05:18:10 AM »
capdevilla is crap
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2010, 07:18:37 AM »

Spain was poor yesterday, but the semifinal 'll be a different game. No matter what happens in the last 2 games, we can say that germany saved the tournament. There have been some dramatic games lately, but we provided quality football. I'm really scared, we actually play good football, why nations like Netherlands or Brasil play like Germans. This is weird.
[/quote]

Agreed. This definitely won't be remembered as a great and entertaining world cup, Germany is basically the only team that plays nice football and has some dramatic moments. Very disappointed with Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Spain, Portugal, England, Netherlands, France....

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2010, 07:33:59 AM »
Spain is not playing good at all, especially comparing to Eu 08. But Villa is in such incredible form. But he can't save them every single time, probably...

another 4-0

Different game

Get over yourself. You guys beat England in large part to a bad British squad and a disallowed goal, and you beat Argentina because the little Argentines were just muscled off the ball by the big Germans. You want to use body strength in football, try American Football. I'd pay money to see Mueller go up for a header against Ray Lewis. But Ray might not get the head, but he's likely to take 3 German heads off trying.

The point is, the quality of your ball was nothing special. You may just end up winning but it won't be out of ball skill. It'll be size and strength. I'm still holding out for Uruguay. The Hands of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2010, 08:00:53 AM »
Why are you talking shit? Many attacks and goals by Germany were truthfully beautiful and skilled! We do great give and go passes, fast plays, fast sprints, everythin! Lol@saying Müller is outmuscleing niggas. He plays the smartest passes of the tournament, it has nothing to do with strength or size.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2010, 08:03:44 AM »

another 4-0

Football knowledge FAIL !

Germany is playing a superior football right now, you noticed how when germany has the ball on the opposites site and they dont rush things 9 out of 10 times they gonna produce a goal scoriing chance.
2nd thing is their counter attacks are executed so well, they spread the game without losing the connection between each other, and strength got nothing to do with it a Muller,Ozil and Lahm are nothing physicly compared to the Defenders of Argentina and England, their advance is that they are well prepared for matches, and they have a good chemistry and a good passing game.
Plus their defense is amazing they are playing "total football" the stuff Holland evented back in they days, they switch from attacking formation which is like a offensive 4-4-2 system to a defensive formation 4-4-1-1, Schweinsteiger and Khedira switch positions very often, which can be very confusing for the attacking players.Schweinsteiger and Khedira basicly play as Box-To-Box midfielders.To play that system you need 2 brilliant midfielders who basicly can play every positon starting from DM to AM, Schweinsteiger showed exactly how to play that role in the game against Argentina, Messi and Tevez couldnt do shit without either Schweinsteiger or Khedira on their back.

All this isnt just a coincidence, Germany has shown the greatest improvement since the EC in 2000, after they went home early in that tournament they decided that its time for a drastic change, they opened up hundrests of youth camps across germany (So did all the major german clubs), they invested cca.30 mil euros in youth development.They even gave thri U16 team a psychologist and a psychotherapeuth, which nobody does at that age.And it paid of not just on this tournament but on last years U21 EC which they have won beating England 4-0 (sounds familiar right).

Different game

Get over yourself. You guys beat England in large part to a bad British squad and a disallowed goal, and you beat Argentina because the little Argentines were just muscled off the ball by the big Germans. You want to use body strength in football, try American Football. I'd pay money to see Mueller go up for a header against Ray Lewis. But Ray might not get the head, but he's likely to take 3 German heads off trying.

The point is, the quality of your ball was nothing special. You may just end up winning but it won't be out of ball skill. It'll be size and strength. I'm still holding out for Uruguay. The Hands of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football Knowledge FAIL !!

Germany is playing a superior football right now, have you noticed how when germany has the ball on the oposites site and they dont rush things 9 out of 10 times they are going to produce a goal scoring chance.And its not just that, their counter attacks are lethal they know how to spread the game but at the same time never lose contact to each other, which is very important.
Physical strength has nothing to do with their domination, A Muller,Ozil,Lahm,Marin and so on are nothing compared physicly to the defenders of Argentine or England,its just that their game is more cohesive, they know how their teammates move on the pitch, their pass game is brilliant.Just look at those double passes they do without even looking where the next man is.

Another major aspect is that the germans are always well prepared, they play "total football" the style Holland invented back in the days which means everybody plays attack and everybody plays defence, just look how they switch up systems from a very wide and offensive 4-4-2 to an defensive 4-4-1-1, which doesnt sound that great when u read it but its a major deal.The main 2 guys are Schweinsteiger and Khedira...they are playing an amazing WC, they switch positions very often which can be very confusing for attacking players, AND Schweinsteiger and Khedira both play as "box-to-box" midfielders...thats something i havent seen done that good on this tournament (Englad tried it but failed because they are too egoistic in my eyes), Look at Schweinsteiger he is playing everything from DM to AM, the game yesterday for example Messi and Tevez couldnt do shit withouth either Schweinsteiger or Khedira on their back.

All this isnt a coincidence,Germany has improved the most since the EC in 2000, after losing very early in that Tournament they decided to change things drasticly.So they started hundrets of youth camps all over germany (so did the major german clubs), they invested cca. 30 mil euros in youth development.They gave their U16 team a Psychotherapeut and a Psychologist which no other national association does,and it paid of not just on this tournament but on the U21 EC last year where they beat England in the finals 4-0 (sounds familiar right)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 08:24:09 AM by Scrappy Doo »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2010, 08:12:08 AM »
Why are you talking shit? Many attacks and goals by Germany were truthfully beautiful and skilled! We do great give and go passes, fast plays, fast sprints, everythin! Lol@saying Müller is outmuscleing niggas. He plays the smartest passes of the tournament, it has nothing to do with strength or size.

That shit they were doing on the corners were they had their hands down and pretending they weren't doing anything. The look on their faces I'd imagine is the exact same look SS soldiers at the death camps had on their faces. Dirtiest players of the tourney.

My father said yesterday, Argentina should have just let Greece win and play Germany instead. We may not have won the game, but after how the German and Greek governments fucked over the Greek workers in the past months my boys would have ended that game with some good old fashioned violence.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2010, 08:55:39 AM »

That shit they were doing on the corners were they had their hands down and pretending they weren't doing anything. The look on their faces I'd imagine is the exact same look SS soldiers at the death camps had on their faces. Dirtiest players of the tourney.

Every team does that in corner kicks.  If you want to look at dirty players, look at Heinze.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2010, 11:01:30 AM »

My father said yesterday, Argentina should have just let Greece win and play Germany instead. We may not have won the game, but after how the German and Greek governments fucked over the Greek workers in the past months my boys would have ended that game with some good old fashioned violence.

lmao.  :banana_llama: