Author Topic: Official NBA Free Agent Frenzy Thread  (Read 1672 times)

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
Re: Official NBA Free Agent Frenzy Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 01:50:12 AM »
Lebron To The Clippers. Just watch Tomorrow.....

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 02:29:13 AM »
If basically all the big names sign with their former teams, I'm going to cancel my NBA-TV prescription.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 03:34:37 AM »
The Toronto Raptors have come to terms on a five-year contract with Amir Johnson, according to Yahoo Sports.

It may not be the extension fans were hoping for but it's a good start to a summer of uncertainty for the NBA's lone Canadian franchise.

According to the report, Johnson's agent, Kevin Bradbury, told Yahoo Sports that the Raptors have signed Johnson to a five-year, $34 million deal.

Johnson enjoyed somewhat of a breakout season in Toronto in 2009-2010, averaging 6.2 points, 4.8 rebounds and 17 minutes per game while appearing in all 82 games with the Raptors.

Bradbury reportedly told Yahoo Sports that Johnson considered "about four teams" before deciding on Toronto.

Johnson and the Raptors have to wait until July 8, when the league's signing moratorium ends, to finalize the deal.

As of July 1, Johnson, 23, was a free agent. The Raptors acquired Johnson in a a trade with Milwaukee last August.

worst deal so far, wtf? no way amir johnson is worth 34 million over 5 years, lmao...the joe johnson deal is pretty bad, as well, but at least he's a borderline superstar and the face of the franchise...rashard lewis got a similar contract from orlando, and he's a 3rd or 4th option, so the joe johnson deal isn't as bad as people are making it seem...drew gooden is not worth 32 million over 5 years either, but at least he's proven as a solid rotation guy, and even played some of his best ball as the starting center for the mavs and clips last season. the amir johnson deal is just mind-boggling...as for rudy gay, he's vital to any possibility of success in the grizzlies foreseeable future, so it wasn't really a bad deal for them. darko also signed with minnesota for 4 years at 20 mill, which could be good or bad, considering even the most average centers usually come at a more expensive price, but rambis seems to like him, so it could turn out to be good. last but not least, channing frye just signed a 5 year/30 mill contract with phoenix, meaning he's getting less money than amir johnson, which is pretty insane LOL.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 04:50:41 AM »
^^ Joe Johnson contract is horrible because he's already 29 ... not only 21 , 5 , 5 in a player prime as a first option on the team is not worth 119 over 6 years  but it's even more absurd when he is going to give you these type of numbers for only another 2 or 3 years at very best .... he probably will be around  Richard Jefferson current level during the last three years of his contract...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 05:07:11 AM »
The Hawks just ruined their chance at ever getting a championship during the Joe Johnson era. They are settling for playoff teams and 5th-8th seeds for the next 3-4 years, and then as Johnson declines they are looking at never being able to sign someone to play next to him, and eventually they'll be stuck with a bad contract.

Gay to stay on the Grizzlies, okay, but a bad contract as well. I was kind of hoping the Wolves pick him up, I really want a decent team to watch in person when the Lakers come into town. After all, when I saw the Lakers vs. KG's Wolves, there was excitement and it was great basketball. Now it's one sided and there are more Laker fans than Wolves fans. But if I was the Wolves, I wouldn't sign Gay to a max contract. Max contracts should only be for players that not only win, but also give you money with jersey sales, and an increase in season ticket holders. Max contract guys, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Shaq in his prime, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd in his prime, evenually Kevin Durant, Maybe, and I mean maybe a Carmelo Anthony. There is no way in hell Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay fit the max contract standards. They are number 2 options that would be great next to a LeBron, or a Chris Bosh, but they are not someone you build a team around.

PLANT

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 07:15:27 AM »
Reports: Pierce agrees to 4-year deal

ESPN.com news services

Paul Pierce and the Celtics have agreed to a four-year contract extension, according to multiple reports.

Sources told ESPN.com Thursday that Pierce's agent, Jeff Schwartz, and the team were making progress in contract talks and expected a verbal agreement to be secured in advance of July 8, the first day free agents officially can sign deals.

That agreement appears to have come quickly with sources suggesting Piece never engaged in any serious dialogue with other teams despite introductory inquiries from a "few" teams.

The Celtics now have locked down two key leaders on the team in three days, after coach Doc Rivers agreed to return to the Boston bench Wednesday. The team now will turn its attention to unrestricted free agent Ray Allen -- and the rest of its seven remaining unrestricted free agents -- as it looks to keep the core together after winning a title in 2008 and coming six minutes away from another just weeks ago.

FoxSports.com and the Boston Herald reported the deal is worth $61 million.

Pierce opted out of the final year of his contract and sacrificed $21.5 million, but gets the long-term security of a deal that will pay him an average of $15.25 million per season. This could offer the Celtics some financial flexibility moving forward, and saves them valuable dollars on the luxury tax for being over the salary cap.

With a four-year deal, Pierce also nets a valuable no-trade clause that would further ensure he remains in Boston for the duration of his career. He will be on the backside of 36 when the new contract expires.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 07:24:40 AM »
Reports: Pierce agrees to 4-year deal

ESPN.com news services

Paul Pierce and the Celtics have agreed to a four-year contract extension, according to multiple reports.

Sources told ESPN.com Thursday that Pierce's agent, Jeff Schwartz, and the team were making progress in contract talks and expected a verbal agreement to be secured in advance of July 8, the first day free agents officially can sign deals.

That agreement appears to have come quickly with sources suggesting Piece never engaged in any serious dialogue with other teams despite introductory inquiries from a "few" teams.

The Celtics now have locked down two key leaders on the team in three days, after coach Doc Rivers agreed to return to the Boston bench Wednesday. The team now will turn its attention to unrestricted free agent Ray Allen -- and the rest of its seven remaining unrestricted free agents -- as it looks to keep the core together after winning a title in 2008 and coming six minutes away from another just weeks ago.

FoxSports.com and the Boston Herald reported the deal is worth $61 million.

Pierce opted out of the final year of his contract and sacrificed $21.5 million, but gets the long-term security of a deal that will pay him an average of $15.25 million per season. This could offer the Celtics some financial flexibility moving forward, and saves them valuable dollars on the luxury tax for being over the salary cap.

With a four-year deal, Pierce also nets a valuable no-trade clause that would further ensure he remains in Boston for the duration of his career. He will be on the backside of 36 when the new contract expires.

Well Pierce is one of those rare true max contract people, this is a bit surprising. I think that Pierce did this more for the team than himself. I see Ray Allen leaving, but with the extra money Boston can pick up a nice piece that maybe ensure Lakers/Celtics III, the rubber match,

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 10:17:12 AM »
Considering how old Pierce already is, I say it's a dumb deal by the Celtics. Obviously they will never win a Championship with that core again, so why pay a 37-year-old Pierce 20 mil in 2015? It's stupid.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

theremedy360

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 10:33:06 AM »
you guys gotta be kidding me

lol @ david stern moving the knicks to seattle  hahaha that'd be hilarious

no sport can survive without an NY market

It was obviously a joke, just anytime someone talks about shutting a team down I have to explain to them that actually having a team is better than not having one.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 03:20:38 PM »
Darko got way too much $$$

this league is a joke....you tell us you are 400 million in the hole but yet the owners are overpaying GARBAGE players like dark anything more than a 6 figure salary???

The league can be in a hole while the owners still have money. The league isnt paying the players.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »
The Hawks just ruined their chance at ever getting a championship during the Joe Johnson era. They are settling for playoff teams and 5th-8th seeds for the next 3-4 years, and then as Johnson declines they are looking at never being able to sign someone to play next to him, and eventually they'll be stuck with a bad contract.

Gay to stay on the Grizzlies, okay, but a bad contract as well. I was kind of hoping the Wolves pick him up, I really want a decent team to watch in person when the Lakers come into town. After all, when I saw the Lakers vs. KG's Wolves, there was excitement and it was great basketball. Now it's one sided and there are more Laker fans than Wolves fans. But if I was the Wolves, I wouldn't sign Gay to a max contract. Max contracts should only be for players that not only win, but also give you money with jersey sales, and an increase in season ticket holders. Max contract guys, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Shaq in his prime, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd in his prime, evenually Kevin Durant, Maybe, and I mean maybe a Carmelo Anthony. There is no way in hell Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay fit the max contract standards. They are number 2 options that would be great next to a LeBron, or a Chris Bosh, but they are not someone you build a team around.

memphis has a ton of talent, with gasol, randolph, mayo , n gay, the grizzilies havnt gaven up on that core. the grizzlies is a very fun team to watch and alot more fun team than a wolves team with gay.

gays  over paid but that contract isnt all that bad

PG - Conley
SG - Mayo
SF - Gay
PF - Randolph
C - Gasol

thats a playoff contender if they were in  the east hands down.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 05:49:45 PM »
Whats frustrating is, the Spurs gave Manu that contract extension back in April. Now, Jefferson opted out, which puts us about 4 million under the cap. If they wouldnt have gave Manu that extention, right now we would be 16 million under and be in play for Lebron, Wade, Bosh or whoever. With the Spurs tradition, championships, coaching, etc...we would be in good shape to get one of the big names. Not to mention no state income tax in Texas. Whats even worse is, we would still have been able to resign Manu under the Bird rights and it wouldnt have count against the cap. I believe Jefferson too. Fuck..
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

westsiderider323

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 07:15:10 PM »
Whats frustrating is, the Spurs gave Manu that contract extension back in April. Now, Jefferson opted out, which puts us about 4 million under the cap. If they wouldnt have gave Manu that extention, right now we would be 16 million under and be in play for Lebron, Wade, Bosh or whoever. With the Spurs tradition, championships, coaching, etc...we would be in good shape to get one of the big names. Not to mention no state income tax in Texas. Whats even worse is, we would still have been able to resign Manu under the Bird rights and it wouldnt have count against the cap. I believe Jefferson too. Fuck..

LOL

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 08:16:28 PM »

Spurs are done, son...Yall had that nice run this past decade, but it's over for yall.

as of now...

Going up:
Portland
Oklahoma
Clippers
Dallas
Memphis
Kings
Houston

Going down:
Spurs
Suns
Jazz
Denver

Standing still:
Lakers
Minnesota
Warriors
New Orleans

West is getting better...I don't see San Antonio making the playoffs next year :-X

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 08:56:32 PM »

Spurs are done, son...Yall had that nice run this past decade, but it's over for yall.

as of now...

Going up:
Portland
Oklahoma
Clippers
Dallas
Memphis
Kings
Houston

Going down:
Spurs
Suns
Jazz
Denver

Standing still:
Lakers
Minnesota
Warriors
New Orleans

West is getting better...I don't see San Antonio making the playoffs next year :-X

We will make the playoffs. Our rebuilding stage is consisting of 50+ win seasons...not bad. You gotta remember how injured we were last year. Parker missed 26 games last season. Manu missed games, Duncan missed games. When we got healthy is when we went on that streak towards the end of the season beating Boston, Cleveland, Orlando, LA, Denver, etc. I like the position we are in right now. As far as us having some young talent waiting for when Duncan retires and to replace Manu. Blair will be a decent pro. Not a superstar, but if he gets into a starting role in the future he can be a 15-12 guy. George Hill looks like he could possibly replace Parker now...and with the trade rumors around Parker, that could be happening. I like the Anderson pick in the first round, a lot of people think he might have been the steal of the draft and even Ryan Richards in the second round. Ive watched some video on him and seems like he could be a good prospect...he will probably play in the D league this year though. And if Splitter is coming over, which it looks like he is...he could end up being a very good player. Current MVP in the Spanish league. But a year or two working with Duncan and he will be even better. If he signs, I wouldnt be surprised to see him starting at some point during the year along with Duncan. There is a strong possibility that Jefferson is gonna resign with us for less money this year...but a 4 or 5 year deal. So we wont be losing anyone, just gaining Splitter and Anderson. And possibly another FA shooter. They are looking at Anthony Morrow or Kyle Korver.