Author Topic: Official NBA Free Agent Frenzy Thread  (Read 1666 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Official NBA Free Agent Frenzy Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2010, 05:17:28 PM »
Amar'e Stoudemire has agreed to sign with the New York Knicks, according to Sports Illustrated.

Stoudemire will be reunited with his former coach in Phoenix, Mike D'Antoni. He is expected to sign a five-year contract worth about $100 million, according to SI.com's Jack McCallum.

Stoudemire, who spent the first eight years of his career with the Suns, averaged 23.1 points and 8.9 rebounds per game last season.

i dont see it amare period, like  lebron, 2 yrs ago KG, dirk, kobe, wade, melo,  he just doenst have the flair and its not in his personality to single handly take over a game.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2010, 05:32:40 PM »
They also have to add Wade or at least Melo to be a force in the east. With Amar'e and a bunch of scrubs they ain't doing shit. Amar'e played with Joe Johnson, Steve Nash, Shawn Marion, Jason Richardson and Shaq and still didn't go to the Finals. You can't give him Duhon and Lee and think you make a run in the playoffs.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2010, 05:58:06 PM »
They also have to add Wade or at least Melo to be a force in the east. With Amar'e and a bunch of scrubs they ain't doing shit. Amar'e played with Joe Johnson, Steve Nash, Shawn Marion, Jason Richardson and Shaq and still didn't go to the Finals. You can't give him Duhon and Lee and think you make a run in the playoffs.

wait.... joe johnson, nash, amare, marion, j-rich, AND SHAQ plus barbosa was on the same team at ONCE????

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »

wait.... joe johnson, nash, amare, marion, j-rich, AND SHAQ plus barbosa was on the same team at ONCE????

not at once, but they definitely had a good core at one time.
I think they had Nash, Joe Johnson, and Marion all together (and I think Barbosa as well).

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2010, 06:09:04 PM »

not at once, but they definitely had a good core at one time.
I think they had Nash, Joe Johnson, and Marion all together (and I think Barbosa as well).

Yeah.. Johnson was there at the beginning with Nash and Marion - I also think Barbosa, Bell and Diaw - later they traded Diaw for Richardson and Marion for Shaq.

Fact is, Amar'e has had his share of great talented teammates... much more so than he will have in New York, unless they also sign LeBron, Melo or Wade
No, it's not a sin

PLANT

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2010, 06:15:33 PM »
Amare will suffer without Steve Nash.  No question.  His game isnt geared to produce without a solid PG giving him easy buckets.  He doesnt have a good enough mid range game, and cant take anyone off the drible like Bosh.  He really needs someone to get him easy buckets.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2010, 07:33:26 PM »

Probably just Duhon. Lee is as good as out of there with this signing. The Knicks will go after a perimeter player if anything. Amare thinks he can get Parker to come to NY. The Spurs say they arent trading Parker. But Im still holding onto the hope of a three way deal....sending Parker to NY, Sign and Trade Lee to Toronto, Sign and Trade Bosh to SA  :D

I dont mind keeping Parker, if they extend his contract. But I dont wanna hold onto him for just one year...and have him leave at the end of this season.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2010, 08:20:51 PM »

Probably just Duhon. Lee is as good as out of there with this signing. The Knicks will go after a perimeter player if anything. Amare thinks he can get Parker to come to NY. The Spurs say they arent trading Parker. But Im still holding onto the hope of a three way deal....sending Parker to NY, Sign and Trade Lee to Toronto, Sign and Trade Bosh to SA  :D

I dont mind keeping Parker, if they extend his contract. But I dont wanna hold onto him for just one year...and have him leave at the end of this season.

Eva though is a Texas native. I think she is in charge of where Parker goes. I think he stays in SA. I see Carmelo in NY by tip off next year though.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2010, 08:35:59 PM »

Eva though is a Texas native. I think she is in charge of where Parker goes. I think he stays in SA. I see Carmelo in NY by tip off next year though.

Yeah, But Eva would be the main reason Parker leaves Texas. LA or NY would be better for her career. He has said before that at some point he wants to be able to do whats best for her career.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2010, 08:56:59 PM »
Hawks Offer Shaq Two-Year Deal

The Hawks have offered Shaquille O'Neal a two-year contract that starts at $5.8 million per season, according to NBA sources close to both the team and the player.

"I think he wants to see how everything shakes out with all the free agents, but he's seriously considering Atlanta's offer,'' said the source who asked that his name not be used. "He wants to play two more years, and he wants it to be with a contender. He thinks he can help them become a serious one."

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67863/20100705/hawks_offer_shaq_two_year_deal/#ixzz0ss4ZKhpK

Shaq's new nickname will be the Big Hawk if he signs the deal.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2010, 09:08:17 PM »
lol someones willing to give a 38yr old shaq 5.8 mil per year for 2 years?  as a back up center?

man thats insulting to AI and T-Mac IMO these guys can barely get any offer like that

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2010, 09:23:30 PM »
Amare will suffer without Steve Nash.  No question.  His game isnt geared to produce without a solid PG giving him easy buckets.  He doesnt have a good enough mid range game, and cant take anyone off the drible like Bosh.  He really needs someone to get him easy buckets.

cosign

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2010, 10:36:27 PM »

cosign

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2010, 08:51:59 AM »

Yeah, But Eva would be the main reason Parker leaves Texas. LA or NY would be better for her career. He has said before that at some point he wants to be able to do whats best for her career.

I ain't going to lie though, if that woman was my wife, I'd move to NY for her career. His got a fine wife and if he moves for her, I ain't mad at him.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2010, 09:35:31 AM »
Chris Duhon agreed to a contract with the Magic. In the meantime Denver and Melo are working out a contract extension. Looks like Amar'e will have to play all by himself.  :laugh:

Word on the streets is also that LeBron is a loyalist and tries to lure Chris Bosh to Cleveland via sign-and-trade...

Horrible Free Agent Frenzy so far. It's all a huge let down. Most niggas stay put or switch to worse teams.
No, it's not a sin