Author Topic: Official NBA Free Agent Frenzy Thread  (Read 1682 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Official NBA Free Agent Frenzy Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2010, 02:30:28 PM »
lol someones willing to give a 38yr old shaq 5.8 mil per year for 2 years?  as a back up center?

man thats insulting to AI and T-Mac IMO these guys can barely get any offer like that

I would LOVE to have AI or T-Mac sign with the Spurs as a backup. They would just need to put their egos to the side for a team. Look at Manu. An All Star type player who comes off the bench because thats whats best for the team. Having a good bench is big.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2010, 02:35:17 PM »
Hedo + Bosh + Jack for Jamison + West + Varejao + 3mil + picks?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2010, 02:44:08 PM »
Magic reach deal with former Knicks PG Chris Duhon

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—The Orlando Magic tried to sign Chris Duhon(notes)  in free agency two years ago only to watch him go to New York.

They finally got their man Tuesday.

Duhon reached an agreement with the Magic for a $15 million, four-year deal, his agent said. Teams can’t officially sign free agents until Thursday.

Agent Kevin Bradbury told The Associated Press that the chance to play for a championship contender was enough to sway Duhon to the Magic this time. Duhon fills a much-needed role behind starter Jameer Nelson(notes) and could step into the starting spot should an injury occur.

“The last time Chris was a free agent, the Magic obviously pursued him hard,” Bradbury said. “Chris didn’t forget that, and he has a lot of respect for that team. The Magic called right away.”

ESPN.com first reported the deal.

Duhon spent the last two years starting for the New York Knicks, never really living up to expectations and falling out of favor with coach Mike D’Antoni. He averaged 7.4 points and 5.6 assists per game last season.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2010, 02:56:59 PM »
it was not boston's choice for PP to opt out and make them look at 21 mill on the cap without a player attached to it

now go to church and pray mark cuban signs Chris Bosh

please explain to me what you think. i'm sure it is wrong, but i'm sure what it is.

do you think the 21 mil he was owed if he had not opt out STILL count against their cap and luxery tax, even though he opted out of the contract and is playing for another team? is that what you think?

or do you think they couldn't have signed anyone that makes more sense than an aging pierce with their cap space money?

lmao

the answer is yes...boston is still on the hook for most of that 21 mill counting against their tax.  learn up on the bird rule sonny.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2010, 03:00:11 PM »
Amare will suffer without Steve Nash.  No question.  His game isnt geared to produce without a solid PG giving him easy buckets.  He doesnt have a good enough mid range game, and cant take anyone off the drible like Bosh.  He really needs someone to get him easy buckets.

but they got no other scorers on that team

watch the shot attempts go up and he'll still pull down ATLEAST his 20 and 9 a game.  if not 25 and 9 instead.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 03:01:56 PM by Hans Moleman »
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2010, 03:05:19 PM »
it was not boston's choice for PP to opt out and make them look at 21 mill on the cap without a player attached to it

now go to church and pray mark cuban signs Chris Bosh

please explain to me what you think. i'm sure it is wrong, but i'm sure what it is.

do you think the 21 mil he was owed if he had not opt out STILL count against their cap and luxery tax, even though he opted out of the contract and is playing for another team? is that what you think?

or do you think they couldn't have signed anyone that makes more sense than an aging pierce with their cap space money?

lmao

the answer is yes...boston is still on the hook for most of that 21 mill counting against their tax.  learn up on the bird rule sonny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Bird_rule

it's amazing how you can be so blatantly wrong regarding facts and still not know it, while talking shit in the process

it's like me saying december is the hottest month in spain and telling you to look it up
No, it's not a sin

PLANT

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2010, 03:10:20 PM »
man, NY better find a PG FAST and someone who can get Amare some easy buckets...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2010, 03:14:34 PM »
7 even you fucking moron

Instead, Pierce's deal averages out at less money than what Gay is making. Regardless of how it escalates, Pierce's salary in 2010-11 will undoubtedly be lower -- much lower -- than the $21.5 million he was set to earn, and will save Boston's ownership twice the difference in luxury tax dollars, a potential huge savings for the team.

And while we all expected Pierce back, the Celtics can breathe a sigh of relief because there was no quality Plan B. If Pierce had walked away, the team would have been bound by the salary cap and it was unlikely they could have secured a player of his talent -- at least without cutting ties with Allen as well -- particularly in this deep-pocketed market where free agents are receiving head-shaking amounts of money early in the process. It might only get worse as the pickings get slimmer for cash-gushing teams that spent much of the past season clearing space to lure a superstar, but could get left scraping for whatever is leftover.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2010, 03:22:11 PM »
man, NY better find a PG FAST and someone who can get Amare some easy buckets...

Either that or make a really strong push for Wade or LeBron.
if both those plans fail, they might want to look at Felton.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2010, 03:28:36 PM »
7 even you fucking moron

Instead, Pierce's deal averages out at less money than what Gay is making. Regardless of how it escalates, Pierce's salary in 2010-11 will undoubtedly be lower -- much lower -- than the $21.5 million he was set to earn, and will save Boston's ownership twice the difference in luxury tax dollars, a potential huge savings for the team.

And while we all expected Pierce back, the Celtics can breathe a sigh of relief because there was no quality Plan B. If Pierce had walked away, the team would have been bound by the salary cap and it was unlikely they could have secured a player of his talent -- at least without cutting ties with Allen as well -- particularly in this deep-pocketed market where free agents are receiving head-shaking amounts of money early in the process. It might only get worse as the pickings get slimmer for cash-gushing teams that spent much of the past season clearing space to lure a superstar, but could get left scraping for whatever is leftover.

Isn't English your motherlanguage? Nowhere is this text backing up what you said. LOL, you dim-witted piece of shit.

All this text is saying, that for the following season, the Celtics are saving money compared to the situation if he had not opted out. Nowhere did I argue that. But he DID opt out, which means the Celtics didn't owe him shit. Don't you understand this?

Also, the Celtics would have been under the cap with him leaving - meaning they could have signed a younger player instead.

Stop being stupid as fuck and accept that I have been right all along and you have been dead wrong.
No, it's not a sin

PLANT

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2010, 04:46:29 PM »
  06  Jul  2010       
Somethings Brewing…
By Sam Holako

I’m not one to perpetuate rumours, but it looks like a deal has been made for Chris Bosh.

Rich Bucher of ESPN is reporting that a sign and trade with Miami is a done deal:

To Miami
Chris Bosh
Jose Calderon

To Toronto
Mario Chalmers
2 x 1st round picks
Trade exception (around $24mill or so if my math is right)

Normally, this would go into the bucket with all the other crap, but Chris Bosh just tweeted:

Today is GREAT day!

So while I’m in the camp for keeping Bosh in Toronto, this trade makes some sense on a few levels:

1. Mario would be a great back-up to Jack
   2. Hedo would become the sole creator on offense
   3. I am trying to get this checked out, but the Raptors could go out get a David Lee or Carlos Boozer while also keeping the trade exception (who know’s, we could make a play for Chris Paul…just a thought)
   4. a $24mill (or so) trade exception

So we will see shortly if this deal goes through or not, but if it does, you can bet that there will be more to come from BryCo in the coming weeks.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/07/06/somethings-brewing/

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2010, 05:00:30 PM »
yes english is my mother's language and it's also my langauge

and the article even indicates that the celtics would have been bound to the 21 million on their cap REGARDLESS of if Pierce stayed or not - meaning THERE WAS NO PLAN B

stupid people like you give Europe a bad reputation on this forum.

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2010, 05:04:34 PM »
  06  Jul  2010       
Somethings Brewing…
By Sam Holako

I’m not one to perpetuate rumours, but it looks like a deal has been made for Chris Bosh.

Rich Bucher of ESPN is reporting that a sign and trade with Miami is a done deal:

To Miami
Chris Bosh
Jose Calderon

To Toronto
Mario Chalmers
2 x 1st round picks
Trade exception (around $24mill or so if my math is right)

Normally, this would go into the bucket with all the other crap, but Chris Bosh just tweeted:

Today is GREAT day!

So while I’m in the camp for keeping Bosh in Toronto, this trade makes some sense on a few levels:

1. Mario would be a great back-up to Jack
   2. Hedo would become the sole creator on offense
   3. I am trying to get this checked out, but the Raptors could go out get a David Lee or Carlos Boozer while also keeping the trade exception (who know’s, we could make a play for Chris Paul…just a thought)
   4. a $24mill (or so) trade exception

So we will see shortly if this deal goes through or not, but if it does, you can bet that there will be more to come from BryCo in the coming weeks.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/07/06/somethings-brewing/

If Wade ends up in Miami, those 2 first round picks wont amount to very good picks. I dont know what to think about this trade. I think Lee really likes Minnesota. So I dunno if he will be in Toronto. Maybe Boozer tho. I guess its better than getting nothing for Bosh tho. I guess this would kill any "Bosh to SA" hopes I had lol. We could still end up with Al Jefferson if Lee goes to the Wolves in a 3team deal. There are also rumors of Parker going to ATL for Josh Smith and another player. I actually like that if Splitter is signing.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2010, 05:06:28 PM »
yes english is my mother's language and it's also my langauge

and the article even indicates that the celtics would have been bound to the 21 million on their cap REGARDLESS of if Pierce stayed or not - meaning THERE WAS NO PLAN B

stupid people like you give Europe a bad reputation on this forum.

who gives a shit anymore?! lol Pierce is a Celtic still. End of story.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2010, 06:23:09 PM »
that rapist 7even cares lol