Author Topic: I hope Ice Cube works wit Beyonce', that shit would be hot  (Read 846 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: I hope Ice Cube works wit Beyonce', that shit would be hot
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2010, 03:38:26 PM »
Beyonce's pop sound doesn't match Cubes. Cube works better with soulful singers like Marsha Ambrosius or Jill Scott, who by the way would blow Beyonce out the water vocally

Exactly. Rappers and singers can make great songs together, but it clearly doesn't always work. A Cube and B track would be a failure because they have completely different sounds. A gangster rapper with a pop diva? Lol. It's got to be the right combination, like Lauryn Hill with Nas, or Erykah Badu with the Roots. Beyonce doesn't even sound good with Jay-Z, how the hell is she gonna pull off a track with Cube?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 03:40:11 PM by rapsodie is a hip hop elitist »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 04:00:32 PM »
Jay Z and Beyonce is hot, Nas and Lauren Hill is something 2 be expected, same with The Roots and Eryka Badu.  Nobody was sayin shit when Truth Hurts was workin' with Rakim.  Use your imagination (if u have 1)... Cube and B would be hot, y'all really gotta stop being sheep-like and closed minded all of the time. 

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 06:43:47 PM »
Jay Z and Beyonce is hot, Nas and Lauren Hill is something 2 be expected, same with The Roots and Eryka Badu.  Nobody was sayin shit when Truth Hurts was workin' with Rakim.  Use your imagination (if u have 1)... Cube and B would be hot, y'all really gotta stop being sheep-like and closed minded all of the time. 

Your right...i can imagine a HOT summertime track something like they did on this one

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fXg48D71Zrg&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fXg48D71Zrg&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1</a>

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 10:16:02 PM »

Your right...i can imagine a HOT summertime track something like they did on this one

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fXg48D71Zrg&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fXg48D71Zrg&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1</a>

n this is be4 destiny childs was destiny child...whats any different from dr dre havin truth...

beyonce n cube would go fed

dj quik fucked wit toni tony tone

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2010, 03:23:53 PM »

i don't think people are hating, they just disagree with what you said. that's not a personal attack or anti-pop.

for the record i don't think this collabo would sound good either

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2010, 04:16:32 PM »
Haha he heard it in his head and now he wants it...maybe on the new cube album
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 05:01:43 PM »

You're missing one crucial fact. Rakim isn't a gangsta rapper. And Ice Cube has been a gangsta rapper his whole career. Ice Cube and Beyonce represent two completely different genres: Hardcore gangsta rap and pop R&B. So for a collaboration to happen it would have to be Ice Cube on a Beyonce track or Beyonce on an Ice Cube track. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in his 30+ year career, Ice Cube has never done a love song or a pop R&B track. He has never made a song for the bitches. That's one of the reasons I'm such a big fan of his. If he made one now it would go against everything his whole career has been, not to mention it would sound wack and unnatural.

Okay, so the alternative is to have Beyonce on a gangsta rap song. Which would also sound completely unnatural. She's never made a gangsta rap song before and she wouldn't fit on one at all.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2010, 05:14:18 PM »
his gangsta rap image ..aint keepin him from gettin fucked up by a deer and starin next to keke palmer

and makin songs wit shaq

beyonce a singer..it aint like she gone do some pop shit..all cube gotta do is get her a writer n do somethin gangster..

she and destiny child wrecked silkk the shocker's jus be straight to me

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2010, 06:14:47 PM »
his gangsta rap image ..aint keepin him from gettin fucked up by a deer and starin next to keke palmer

you do realize he's an actor as well?

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2010, 06:20:15 PM »

You're missing one crucial fact. Rakim isn't a gangsta rapper. And Ice Cube has been a gangsta rapper his whole career. Ice Cube and Beyonce represent two completely different genres: Hardcore gangsta rap and pop R&B. So for a collaboration to happen it would have to be Ice Cube on a Beyonce track or Beyonce on an Ice Cube track. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in his 30+ year career, Ice Cube has never done a love song or a pop R&B track. He has never made a song for the bitches. That's one of the reasons I'm such a big fan of his. If he made one now it would go against everything his whole career has been, not to mention it would sound wack and unnatural.

Okay, so the alternative is to have Beyonce on a gangsta rap song. Which would also sound completely unnatural. She's never made a gangsta rap song before and she wouldn't fit on one at all.

30+ you serious ? So he started in the 70s ?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2010, 06:24:24 PM »

30+ you serious ? So he started in the 70s ?

you didn't know?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2010, 06:45:36 PM »
Yeah it aint been 30 years but sides the point...jay-z hasnt been on a dope song wit a female that came out as dope as if i ruled the world Has he?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2010, 08:02:57 PM »

sure i do..actor on wax and on film

jus funny somebody would talk about his image...when he is simply an actor music wise and on film

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2010, 08:05:58 PM »
who said it would have to be "gangsta" and who said it would have 2 be a love song. 

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2010, 09:02:48 PM »

sure i do..actor on wax and on film

jus funny somebody would talk about his image...when he is simply an actor music wise and on film

We all know Cube isn't a gangster in real life. But you should understand that rapping and acting are two different things. Just think about the traits that define each. A good rapper is one who stays true to their roots and doesn't switch their style up. Those who do are labeled as sellouts. A good actor is one who can take on a variety of roles successfully. If they play the same character in every movie then they are stereotyped into that role and not considered a good actor at all. I believe Ice Cube has managed to be extremely successful at both. It's quite a slippery slope. If he only played a gangster role in his movies he would be a bad actor. If he had switched his style in hip hop he wouldn't be the gangsta rap legend he is today. His gangster rap image is a character, one which has had a huge influence in hip hop and taken on a life of its own, to the point where it has come to be the standard of gangsta rap. Changing that now would not be a good look for his career. And the fact he plays different roles in movies has allowed him to be regarded as a legitimate actor, unlike most rappers who try acting.