Poll

Which Starting 5 Would U Pick?

Early 2000's
5 (83.3%)
Late 2000's
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Which Starting 5 Would U Pick? (NBA)  (Read 243 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Which Starting 5 Would U Pick? (NBA)
« on: June 30, 2010, 12:06:19 AM »
Early 2000's

C - The Big Diesel
PF - The Big Ticket
SF - T-Mac
SG - The Black Mamba
SG - The Answer

Late 2000's

C - Superman
PF - Predator
SF - Lebronze
SG - Wade
PG - Paul

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Re: Which Starting 5 Would U Pick? (NBA)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 12:46:56 AM »
early 00s for sure

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 01:06:40 AM »
Early 2000's

C - Shaq
PF - Duncan
SF - Dirk
SG - Bryant
SG - Kidd

Late 2000's

C - Howard
PF - Bosh
SF - LeBron
SG - Wade
PG - Paul

Fixed it for you, you forgot to include the best PF of all time in group 1. Oh...and fuck the nicknames. And T-Mac would be solid in this...but if this was a playoff matchup...he's on the bench.

Oh yeah...and.....early 2000's definitely.  LeBron is probably the only advantage late 2000's has. But the first group has the advantage at C, PF, SG...and probably PG. Kidd in his prime was nuts.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 01:27:28 AM »
Early 2000's

C - Shaq
PF - Duncan
SF - Dirk
SG - Bryant
SG - Kidd

Late 2000's

C - Howard
PF - Bosh
SF - LeBron
SG - Wade
PG - Paul

Fixed it for you, you forgot to include the best PF of all time in group 1. Oh...and fuck the nicknames. And T-Mac would be solid in this...but if this was a playoff matchup...he's on the bench.

Oh yeah...and.....early 2000's definitely.  LeBron is probably the only advantage late 2000's has. But the first group has the advantage at C, PF, SG...and probably PG. Kidd in his prime was nuts.

yea ducan was the best PF in the 2000s but his game isnt as appealing to me, i love shooters and esp bigmen that can shoot because it just gives you so much more options.

and for the PG spot i was a huge AI fan back in the day so i cant leave him out of it.

whatchu talking bout the nicknames are dope, haha dont be hatin cuz ducan's is "mr fundamentals"

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 02:54:48 AM »
Early 2000's

C - Shaq
PF - Duncan
SF - Dirk
SG - Bryant
SG - Kidd

Late 2000's

C - Howard
PF - Bosh
SF - LeBron
SG - Wade
PG - Paul

Pretty much what he said. I don't know how Duncan was left off that line-up lol.

I would PROBABLY put Amare there at PF instead of Bosh too. Amare is a lot more established, although both of them suck at defense, so it's not like it would make much a difference.

Either way, early 2000 wins.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 10:10:07 AM »
The early 2000's got the big men by a million; the late 2000's got PG, SG & SF.

Iverson - 30 PPG
Kobe - 30 PPG
T-Mac - 30 PPG

All, MAYBE 4 assists each; the late 2000's all average around 7 (CP3, more), they would work better together in a game.

I'd say it's a toss up on who would win; but the early squad without a doubt would dominate the post.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 09:26:44 AM »
early 00s and 90s were the best NBA era, 80s was great too but not as flashy, however great basketball players that can shoot and understood the game. 

problem with nba these days is too many filler players, most teams are based around one, two or three players, the rest of the squad is just there for dirty work and little points here and there...so if their star doesnt have a good game or gets injured, they're done

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 10:53:50 AM »
early 00s and 90s were the best NBA era, 80s was great too but not as flashy, however great basketball players that can shoot and understood the game. 

How old were you in the 80s? Just wondering...cus the Showtime Lakers were about as flashy as the league has ever seen. The 80's and 90's I think are at least, the two most important decades for the NBA. The 80's with Bird and Magic turned basketball into an American passion....and the 90's with Jordan turned it into a global phenomenon. The 2000's have been really good, with the Lakers and Spurs really dominating the title counts. But I think if those two teams were in seperate conferences and trading titles back and forth...this last decade could have been AMAZING. The Lakers and Spurs would have become the Lakers/Celtics for the 2000's. Youre talkin what....9 of the last 12 titles have been won by one of these two teams.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 08:40:05 PM »
in their primes i say Kevin Garnett > Tim Duncan

just imagine if KG had Tony Parker and Manu...and the best current coach in the NBA.  and a servicable David Robinson lol

duncan is much better now though
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 11:48:50 AM »
in their primes i say Kevin Garnett > Tim Duncan

I dunno. Duncan is pretty much globally recognized as the best PF of all time. Only Malone is ever argued as the best. Garnett is typically considered the 4th or 5th best ever...at MOST. Rankings always have Duncan, Malone, Barkley, Moses Malone...all above Garnett.

For a career, Duncan is better than Garnett in Points per game, Rebounds per game, Blocks per game, and FG%.  Garnetts carrer high in PPG was 24.2...Duncans was 25.5. And remember, Duncan has always been more of a "play within the system" kind of guy. Garnett was playing on average Timberwolves teams that he could fill up the stat sheet with. But still had slightly lower numbers than Duncan...we wont get into the titles and whatnot.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 01:03:38 PM »
^Malone argued as the best? I thought a wise man once said "you need rings to be considered the best". ;D

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 03:02:10 PM »
^Malone argued as the best? I thought a wise man once said "you need rings to be considered the best". ;D

I didnt say he IS the best, Duncan holds that title. lol. But Malone is up there. Definitely ahead of Garnett all time.