Author Topic: Gerald Green to the Lakers...  (Read 4479 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Gerald Green to the Lakers...
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2010, 02:06:46 PM »
Yeah, I get it, Wade is better than Shaq in his prime. Is that it? If LeBron wants to finally play with a great individual player and it is easily possible, why wouldn't he do it? You think Kobe would have said "NO" to a Odom for Wade swap back when the Lakers didn't have Gasol?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2010, 02:09:09 PM »
Yeah, I get it, Wade is better than Shaq in his prime. Is that it? If LeBron wants to finally play with a great individual player and it is easily possible, why wouldn't he do it? You think Kobe would have said "NO" to a Odom for Wade swap back when the Lakers didn't have Gasol?

LOL, true that. It's the Laker goggles; they are like blinders to reality.

Sccit

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2010, 02:27:37 PM »

Kobe wants to beat his competition, not join them...Kobe would definitely welcome Wade to HIS team, but no way in hell would he bolt from LA to join forces with Wade in Miami, and you know that.

Sccit

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2010, 02:32:52 PM »
back to the topic, gerald green aint lookin so sharp in Summer League, granted he aint gettin real playing time. but ebanks and caracter are lookin nice out there...i definitely expected more out of green, though. doesn't look like he has such a great shot to make our roster afterall. :-X

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2010, 08:20:30 PM »
One indication that Wade and the Heat respect LeBron's greatness is how Wade gets treated like a new player. He's everywhere with them, holding jerseys and shit as if he was new like them. If the Heat was designed to be "his" team, he'd sit more in the background, acting as if he brought them niggas onto his team. Technically, the Heat was just the only team that was able to sign ALL 3 of them and still pay them nicely with low taxes while having a guy who knows how to win rings and play dirty in Pat Riley. That's why they went there, not because Wade is the man.

LOL...you don't get it, do you?...LeBron finally has someone to defer to, someone who would rather have the ball in his hands in the final minutes, under pressure, someone who would cherish that moment way more than he does. Wade is not a Pau Gasol or a Manu Ginobli, he's a franchise player who you can build a team around...By LeBron agreeing to join forces with Wade, it takes a hell of a lot of pressure off of him to lead the way, and LeBron's leadership has been questioned throughout his career.. this wasn't a way to prove the doubters wrong about that. His willingness to admit that he can't be the sole go-to-guy pretty much just sums up what I (and many other basketball heads) have been saying about him all along...the LeBron apologists just couldn't see it for what it was back then, because you were "witnesses" (LOL) to the most overhyped individual athlete to ever play the game. He's a stat-machine, and that's where it ends...PeACe

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but I think the last couple sentences are a little extreme.

DIP DIP SET SET

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2010, 08:28:59 PM »
back to the topic, gerald green aint lookin so sharp in Summer League, granted he aint gettin real playing time. but ebanks and caracter are lookin nice out there...i definitely expected more out of green, though. doesn't look like he has such a great shot to make our roster afterall. :-X

He had an ok game against the Spurs tonight with 18 points. But the Lakers summer league squad is ass. 0-5.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

westsiderider323

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2010, 08:31:42 PM »
speakin of the summer league WHAT IN THE FUCK is j.r. smith doing playin??

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2010, 08:40:55 PM »
speakin of the summer league WHAT IN THE FUCK is j.r. smith doing playin??

Im gonna go with...taking bad shots

**applause**

Good Answer!! Good Answer!!
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2010, 08:42:40 PM »
Real talk bout him bein overhyped
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Sccit

« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2010, 06:47:51 PM »

He had an ok game against the Spurs tonight with 18 points. But the Lakers summer league squad is ass. 0-5.

LOLLL...Summer League bragging rights..yup..Spurs are DONE. :D

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2010, 07:34:18 PM »

Naw, not braggin rights at all. All the Summer League is looking at individual talent. The teams dont even really practice together more then a week. But there are players that a basketball fan would pay attention to. Alonzo Gee for us is a good example...and Temple. The Lakers squad just hasnt looked that good from the shit Im seeing. Having a great Summer League record is meaningless. But having some decent talent out there does matter.

theremedy360

« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2010, 11:44:02 AM »

Naw, not braggin rights at all. All the Summer League is looking at individual talent. The teams dont even really practice together more then a week. But there are players that a basketball fan would pay attention to. Alonzo Gee for us is a good example...and Temple. The Lakers squad just hasnt looked that good from the shit Im seeing. Having a great Summer League record is meaningless. But having some decent talent out there does matter.

I think the fact that LA has given up so many first round picks and has been among the lead leaders in record is the primary reason they're doing so badly. Aside from Farmar, I don't even remember any players they've drafted making the team since they picked up Bynum.

Sccit

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2010, 02:13:23 AM »

We have 3 nice prospects out there...derrick caracter, a highly recruited defensive-minded power forward who rivaled greg oden in high school and only fell to the 2nd round because of "character" issues (LOL)...devin ebanks, athletic swingman/defensive stopper who was projected by most as a 1st rounder before the draft took place...gerald green, a semi-proven talent with possible all-star potential. i wouldn't be mad if all 3 made the squad.

Sccit

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2010, 02:19:44 AM »

I think the fact that LA has given up so many first round picks and has been among the lead leaders in record is the primary reason they're doing so badly. Aside from Farmar, I don't even remember any players they've drafted making the team since they picked up Bynum.

Ronny Turiaf, Von Wafer, and Sun Yue (LOL)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2010, 01:46:14 PM »
i watched a game and lakers looked horrible, and damn why we can't never get no good free agents, steve fucc'n blake? we could have gave anthony morrow those chipper jones,we need a young shooter fucc sasha bitch ass, blake is fish 2.0 why have two of the same things? it never works hell luke and adam morr just got splinters in they ass and rob'n the squad for 10 mill yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp