Author Topic: LEBRON is joining Heat with Wade and Bosh  (Read 3482 times)

theremedy360

Re: LEBRON is joining Heat with Wade and Bosh
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2010, 10:45:47 AM »
Well Wade is clearly better than the Choosen one in one category : clutchness  ... overall Lebron is slighty better but I'd personally take Wade over LBJ because he's unlikely to choke in the playoffs

There is no such thing as "clutchness".

Explain A-Rod in the playoffs or how in '06 against the Pistons in the ECF he scored 30 of the Cavs 32. Anybody can hit those shots, it's just you usually give it to your best player, so naturally after hundreds of attempts they'll fall.

Take a sample of someone shooting in the clutch & I would bet they'll be shooting around 40%, but then look at how they shoot during the rest of the game & it'll be about 40%. It's not "stepping up", it's just doing what you've always done, the only difference is that the game is on the line.

In the second quarter of some random game Kobe might go off & nail four shots in a row on consecutive possessions and nobody would say shit besides maybe "That's Kobe doing Kobe.". But when he does in the last two minutes of the fourth quarter, it's like some natural sixth sense takes over & he's hitting these shots out of "clutchness". :D

Some magical thing God only blesses a few of us with.

It was a term invented to create heroes, but it's not real.

It's not real? So the fact that Kobe and MJ have hit numerous game winners and rallied to keep their teams in the game in the fourth quarter on numerous occasions is just a coincidence? Some people can handle the pressure and others crumble under it. Just cause A-Rod sucked in the playoffs before doesn't mean he was doomed forever, but that also means that he couldn't handle the pressure early on.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:57:09 AM by TheRemedy360 »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2010, 11:08:02 AM »
Superstars carry team in the "clutch" all the time. Take a look at the best 5 players in the league and then take a look at the best 5 "clutch" performers year in and year out.  Little things change. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2010, 12:07:35 PM »
Well Wade is clearly better than the Choosen one in one category : clutchness  ... overall Lebron is slighty better but I'd personally take Wade over LBJ because he's unlikely to choke in the playoffs

There is no such thing as "clutchness".

Explain A-Rod in the playoffs or how in '06 against the Pistons in the ECF he scored 30 of the Cavs 32. Anybody can hit those shots, it's just you usually give it to your best player, so naturally after hundreds of attempts they'll fall.

Take a sample of someone shooting in the clutch & I would bet they'll be shooting around 40%, but then look at how they shoot during the rest of the game & it'll be about 40%. It's not "stepping up", it's just doing what you've always done, the only difference is that the game is on the line.

In the second quarter of some random game Kobe might go off & nail four shots in a row on consecutive possessions and nobody would say shit besides maybe "That's Kobe doing Kobe.". But when he does in the last two minutes of the fourth quarter, it's like some natural sixth sense takes over & he's hitting these shots out of "clutchness". :D

Some magical thing God only blesses a few of us with.

It was a term invented to create heroes, but it's not real.

It's not real? So the fact that Kobe and MJ have hit numerous game winners and rallied to keep their teams in the game in the fourth quarter on numerous occasions is just a coincidence? Some people can handle the pressure and others crumble under it. Just cause A-Rod sucked in the playoffs before doesn't mean he was doomed forever, but that also means that he couldn't handle the pressure early on.

Yeah, but who else takes the shots besides MJ & Kobe? If the Celtics let Brian Scalabrine take the last shot in every situation to win the game; he'd be clutch because every now & then he would hit the shot?

Like I said, if you're shooting 40% all the time & hit 40% of your shots in the clutch is there any difference or are you just doing what you always do?

I remember Tim Duncan hit a game tying 3 in overtime in the playoffs a few years back; does that mean some super-natural force took over & allowed him to hit the shot?

Sure you can say you might be a little tense, you could make the argument; but these guys play in front of 50,000 people a night; I doubt anything makes them nervous.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2010, 12:45:58 PM »
Just a little bit to add to that..

If a player "calms his nerves" & can magically just hit all his shots in the last two mintues; why can't he be even calmer during the rest of the game & just shoot like 90% from the field? In the first quarter I should see these clutch players go 9 for their first 10, no problem.

Also, those half court, million dollar shots are luck or clutch? I don't know, the pressure is sure on there & those aren't even professional athletes. :P

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2010, 01:30:29 PM »
Sick! Gonna be a very interesting season next year. I am kinda surprised that Lebron went to Miami though, basically means he'll never be mentioned as a focal point when/if they win a ring.

this is not true

it all depends on who plays best...and my money would be on Lebron.  Wade misses 15 games every year and is 3 years older.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2010, 01:52:14 PM »
i bet most fans on here gonna be heat bill waltons now, lebron is a chump yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2010, 11:02:13 PM »
Sick! Gonna be a very interesting season next year. I am kinda surprised that Lebron went to Miami though, basically means he'll never be mentioned as a focal point when/if they win a ring.

this is not true

it all depends on who plays best...and my money would be on Lebron.  Wade misses 15 games every year and is 3 years older.

I still can't believe the people who think Wade is better than LeBron or the ones who even go as far as saying LeBron will be a sidekick. It's crazy talk. It's like saying Messi will be a sidekick if he joins the team Rooney is on. It doesn't make any sense and is just frustration talk. LeBron is the better player by far.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2010, 11:04:46 AM »

this is not true

I still can't believe the people who think Wade is better than LeBron or the ones who even go as far as saying LeBron will be a sidekick. It's crazy talk. It's like saying Messi will be a sidekick if he joins the team Rooney is on. It doesn't make any sense and is just frustration talk. LeBron is the better player by far.

Yeah, LeBron is the better player. You would be hardpressed to find ANY analyst out there who would rank Wade above LeBron. Typically Wade is always looked at as the 3rd best perimeter player in the NBA. Behind LeBron and Kobe.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2010, 01:12:56 PM »
According to former laker coach pat riley he said the following miami heat team would be like

Lebron = Magic Johnson

D wade = Kobe Bryant

C Bosh = Kevin Garnett

There's still room on the wagon :)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2010, 07:08:19 PM »
According to former laker coach pat riley he said the following miami heat team would be like

Lebron = Magic Johnson

D wade = Kobe Bryant

C Bosh = Kevin Garnett

There's still room on the wagon :)

lol, fuck no, lebronze is no fucking magic johnson, thats fucking blasphemy are you fucking kidding me? this kid lebronze cant even carry himself to win one ring when he was supposedly the "best player" in the league. magic johnson can play all 5 poistions, he won finals mvp during his ROOKIE YEAR, lechoke

dude sucks (compared to the greats, he has unbelievable athelticism and passes) ive been saying this and him going to the heat to join 3 superstars discredits everything. even larry bird has taken back his words of "lebron is going to be better than all of us" the fact is lebron lost all his crediblity, he took the easy way out, rather than sticking with his team and being loyal. dude ditched his organization that basically did everything he pleases and left.

LOL BOSH IS DEFENITLY NO KG, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? DUDE HAS NO DEFENSE AND IS HELLA SOFT? DO U EVEN WATCH THE NBA? u must be the new AG cuz u talkin out of your ass. bandwagon ass playoff fan it seems to me.

d-wade kobe bryant? wow just wow, he doesnt have the jumpshot, nor the resume they have totallty different game, wades game is basically all inside, nor is he as clutch. u got to be kidding me. d-wade also isnt as good as defender as kobe is, man wtf are you smoking homie?

lol man go to real basketball forum and try saying that, youll get banned.

more room on the wagon? who can they get? i mean kurt thomas? brad miller? i mentioned these guys in the lakers thread to be our 2nd string players n their gonnabe starters? lol wow.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »
u know what i just noticed, kobe was STUCK with shaq, kobe wanted the spotlight from the beginning lebron CHOSE to join 2 legit superstars

chosen one, king, yea right. dudes nothing but hype

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2010, 10:34:53 PM »
Besides center, LeBron can play any position on the court; the Magic comparison is not far off.

The only true difference is the ring count.

& I hate comparing old players to new players because I know damn well that if LeBron played in the 70's-80's he'd be the greatest thing to ever step on a court.

& before you all go into "damn, you on his dick", the same goes for Kobe, Wade or anybody of that caliber; these guys are just physically more phenominal than ANYBODY playing back then.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2010, 02:32:46 AM »
I disagree with the argument that clutchness doesn't exist. There is honestly no other way to explain how Derek Fisher (whose sole reputation is based on the fact that he's clutch), was arguably the worst starting PG in the league during the entire regular season. And yet in the Finals, he was able to come through for the Lakers time and time again and live up to his reputation, which most people thought he wouldn't be able to do anymore at this point of his career. He single-handedly bailed us out in the last few minutes of Game 3, and I was stunned once again, because as much as I love Fish, I honestly didn't think he had it in him anymore.

I think clutchness is very real. What sucks is that it's a very subjective issue, but when you watch a player long enough, you'll generally know whether or not the player is naturally a clutch player.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2010, 09:11:22 AM »
Besides center, LeBron can play any position on the court; the Magic comparison is not far off.

The only true difference is the ring count.

& I hate comparing old players to new players because I know damn well that if LeBron played in the 70's-80's he'd be the greatest thing to ever step on a court.

& before you all go into "damn, you on his dick", the same goes for Kobe, Wade or anybody of that caliber; these guys are just physically more phenominal than ANYBODY playing back then.

^^ truth

Looney, i've been a miami heat fan since way back.. D wade came in the league without a jump shot and killed teams with his jump shot during the 2006 championship run. you over there having a rage moment and dont know what you talkin about lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2010, 11:09:30 AM »
@Halu: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ErjeDLhloIY&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ErjeDLhloIY&amp;feature=related</a>

All relatively normal shots, the first two were wide open; the next two were vintage hook shots by both of them & then Jordan is just Jordan, he's the GOAT for a reason. Those shots were just shots he always hit, they just don't all get shown because they all were NBA Final game winners.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i2_FZ0Aw_kc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i2_FZ0Aw_kc</a> Pretty prime example that any shot in basketball can drop at any given time. Is a half court shot clutch? Not to me.