Author Topic: Udonis Haslem resigns with Heat.  (Read 181 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Udonis Haslem resigns with Heat.
« on: July 12, 2010, 01:55:20 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5374210

Udonis Haslem is staying with the Miami Heat.

The gritty power forward told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel on Monday that he is spurning more lucrative offers to stay with the only team he has played for in a seven-year career.

Shortly after ESPN.com reported Monday that the Denver Nuggets had joined the Dallas Mavericks in the bidding with a strong offer, Haslem sent an e-mail to the Sun-Sentinel reading: "Turned down full mid level from Dallas and Denver. See u next season."

The Nuggets, after being foiled in their pursuit of Jermaine O'Neal, extended a multiyear offer to Haslem starting at the $5.8 million mid-level exception, just as the Mavericks did earlier. The New Jersey Nets were also interested in Haslem.

Denver had an even greater need than Dallas for Haslem. Two of the Nuggets' key big men, Kenyon Martin and Chris Andersen, recently underwent surgical procedures that will rule them out for the start of the season.

But every team that showed interest in Haslem in recent days did so with pessimism that he could be lured away from Miami, given his strong ties to the area and a close relationship with Wade. The Heat are trying to divide their remaining salary cap space between Haslem and sharpshooter Mike Miller.

Team president Pat Riley has often said that he wants Haslem to be a Heat lifer, such is the regard for the gritty forward's contributions to Miami's title team in 2006. Haslem, 30, earned $7.1 million last season and has averaged 10 points and 8.1 rebounds for his career.

Solid sign for sure; always liked Udonis. Give them one more solid big man & it's a wrap in my mind, if it isn't already lol.

Lunatic

Re: Udonis Haslem resigns with Heat.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 01:56:04 PM »
Damn. Was hoping he'd leave
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »
Now get Mike Miller. Then get a bunch of old pathetic former All-Star starters. Like AI, T-Mac, Stackhouse.. you know, bums like them for the vets min.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
Now get Mike Miller. Then get a bunch of old pathetic former All-Star starters. Like AI, T-Mac, Stackhouse.. you know, bums like them for the vets min.

I'm pretty sure they already signed Miller.

& yeah, throw some role players & their good. They need one more big man though & they're set; a true center. Bosh & Haslem are PF's.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 01:00:55 AM »
UD is a tough gritty defender with a jump shot. Haslem to the heat, is like what D fish means to the lakers. Honestly thinking that no state income tax in florida has alot to do with it.. im not doubting hes also getting PAID under the table as well.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 03:41:45 AM »

I'm pretty sure they already signed Miller.

& yeah, throw some role players & their good. They need one more big man though & they're set; a true center. Bosh & Haslem are PF's.

Verbally they signed him, just not formally.

I'm positive they are also getting Z... he's close to finishing his career and winning a ring with LeBron would be much nicer than just staying in Cleveland and missing the playoffs. LeBron should reach out to him and by him a Lambo, then it should be a wrap.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 10:19:54 AM »
mike miller has his own website at www.mikemiller33.com and he has the miami heat as his backround. he's also a former room mate of UD, when they both were playing at Florida University together its a lock for sure.

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 11:24:48 AM »
Where was Haslems 1 hour ESPN special?

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 12:24:34 PM »
^^^ he aint big enough to pimp the media like that. Everyone was looking forward to that date anxiously since about 2 years ago now people around the league are upset because he used the media like he did to make a decision and raise money for charity? fuck outta here. Any Network if lebron wouldve came to them and said i would like to televise my announcement, they would do it in a heartbeat.. lol @ ppl bashing espn