Author Topic: who actually liked eric b and rakims follow the leader album  (Read 414 times)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
honestly i don't like the whole album, follow the leader,microphone fiend,da r, and lyrics of fury was alright but i swear that album as a whole was fucc'n overrated, as well as that don't sweat the technique album, that shit only had 3 knot joints on it too, rakim had lyrics for days but that equal could be boring as fucc alot of times  yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Re: who actually liked eric b and rakims follow the leader album
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 12:13:34 AM »
I can agree with what you said about Follow The Leader, besides the joints you mentioned I really couldn't get into that LP.But Don't Sweat The Technique is probably my favorite album from them, shit was knocking.You couldn't go wrong with a whole album produced by Large Professor back then (yes, he produced it, Eric B took credit.Large Pro is listed as an engineer/programmer though)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 07:26:17 AM »
liked it.

theremedy360

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 10:04:49 AM »
It was a good album but not up to the group's standard yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 12:17:39 PM »
I can agree with what you said about Follow The Leader, besides the joints you mentioned I really couldn't get into that LP.But Don't Sweat The Technique is probably my favorite album from them, shit was knocking.You couldn't go wrong with a whole album produced by Large Professor back then (yes, he produced it, Eric B took credit.Large Pro is listed as an engineer/programmer though)
you right about extra p producing that album,but i couldn't get into it,and ra to me can't take an average beat over the top, yell

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 01:18:48 PM »
honestly i don't like the whole album, follow the leader,microphone fiend,da r, and lyrics of fury was alright but i swear that album as a whole was fucc'n overrated, as well as that don't sweat the technique album, that shit only had 3 knot joints on it too, rakim had lyrics for days but that equal could be boring as fucc alot of times  yell
I have to be real with u...i brought the tapes,and thought the same thing..those tracks u named helped carry those lps.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 07:10:28 PM »
Great album. Paid In Full is the quintessential effort by them of course but this album has a lot of classics on it. Surprised to see anyone in hip-hop say any different really, but to each their own.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 07:12:06 AM »
Great album. Paid In Full is the quintessential effort by them of course but this album has a lot of classics on it. Surprised to see anyone in hip-hop say any different really, but to each their own.

(paid in full) is why this two lps...dont shin as well..paid in full is -TIMELESS-..from a to z where hits...rakim should be filthy rich from paid in full...yet my shit was (follow the leader)and it still is..mayne.i watch that video 100times. 8)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 09:49:54 AM »
Minus paid in full, I like follow the leader's singles more, but as an entire LP it's not comparable imo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 12:51:21 PM »
Minus paid in full, I like follow the leader's singles more, but as an entire LP it's not comparable imo
^^^^right on,and what's funny about it is,this is the same shit we complain about albums today, saying it has like4 good songs outta 15 to 16 yell

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 02:17:14 PM »
thats whats im talking about the single.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 02:20:10 PM »
^^^^right on,and what's funny about it is,this is the same shit we complain about albums today, saying it has like4 good songs outta 15 to 16 yell
but not many had fillers...back then u really had some classics...rakim and b was just in there own lil. world....both where not good beat pickers.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 08:58:41 PM »
See somebody always gota defend sumthing from back then, if it was garbage it was garbage, how do u not call skippable tracks that 9/10 get skipped not filler tracks lol.  Not everything thats old is gold sometimes its just mold 2 begin with. 

midwestryder

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 01:57:03 AM »
See somebody always gota defend sumthing from back then, if it was garbage it was garbage, how do u not call skippable tracks that 9/10 get skipped not filler tracks lol.  Not everything thats old is gold sometimes its just mold 2 begin with.  
for one it was not garabage like lot music you listen to hater . everything from the 80's & 90's is better tehn anything gucci has done or ever do . sorry but that is why that era is called the golden era of hip hop & this era & last era were not at all. everything eric b & rakim did was gold . i never have had to skip a track on ericb & rakim album ever . sorry buy nas will even tell  you , that you are 100%wrong as normal. stop with you jealous closeminded new school lgnorance . you just jealous of the old school & that it will always be better then your new school era that is joke .
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:36:55 PM by midwestryder »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 06:53:36 PM »
See somebody always gota defend sumthing from back then, if it was garbage it was garbage, how do u not call skippable tracks that 9/10 get skipped not filler tracks lol.  Not everything thats old is gold sometimes its just mold 2 begin with. 
for one it was not garabage like lost music you listen to hater . everything from the 80's & 90's is better tehn anything gucci has done or ever do . sorry but that is why that era is called the golden era of hip hop & this era & last era were not at all. everything eric b & rakim did was gold . i never have had to skip a track on ericb & rakim album ever . sorry buy nas will even tell  you , that you are 100%wrong as normal. stop with you jealous closeminded new school lgnorance . you just jealous of the old school & that it will always be better then your new school era that is joke .
i gotta disagree with you on this one my equal, just because you wouldn't skip those songs don't mean they was all good, cause i did a whole lot of skip'n on some eric b and rakim albums,and i thought ra was ahead of everybody lyrically during his prime i just didn't think all of his songs was classic like that, and who knows it's some people now who feel all gucci's shit bang to them, i think 86-89 era was better then today,but i'll be lying if i said it wasn't wacc shit bacc then too,even from some of my favorite artist yell