Author Topic: Thierry Henry joins New York Red Bulls  (Read 548 times)

Elano

Re: Thierry Henry joins New York Red Bulls
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 09:40:31 AM »
I know all of the reasons why he has gone there. Im just saying when hes like 60 years old will he look back and think, shittttttt.

can you explain me.....why ?  ::)

bez

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 09:46:43 AM »
Because he is 32. He could of still played in any league in Europe for at least another season or two. Been on very good money and then went off to American and probably still earned the same money in a few years time. The greatest footballers of all time will tell you that winning trophys, not the MLS league, is what makes you a legend in this game. Hes now quit France aswell so he can focus on what? training in the sun, playing football against awful players week in week out.

Im just saying he could of come back to the Premiership and still done really well for any team. Maybe even helped win another Premiership, a cup, a champions league. Then in a few years he could of moved over there.

Elano

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 09:52:25 AM »
Because he is 32. He could of still played in any league in Europe for at least another season or two. Been on very good money and then went off to American and probably still earned the same money in a few years time. The greatest footballers of all time will tell you that winning trophys, not the MLS league, is what makes you a legend in this game. Hes now quit France aswell so he can focus on what? training in the sun, playing football against awful players week in week out.

Im just saying he could of come back to the Premiership and still done really well for any team. Maybe even helped win another Premiership, a cup, a champions league. Then in a few years he could of moved over there.

Maybe he's just too fuckin lazy...

Fraxxx

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 10:05:52 AM »

Yeah, players who still have the desire to compete on a respectable level sign with Hamburg for example like van Nistelrooij.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Elano

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 10:23:42 AM »

Yeah, players who still have the desire to compete on a respectable level sign with Hamburg for example like van Nistelrooij.

sure. but henry couldn't care less, apparently. he prefers to live in new york city and gets money from the red bull

Fraxxx

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 10:33:26 AM »

sure. but henry couldn't care less, apparently. he prefers to live in new york city and gets money from the red bull

True, and who are we to judge. There aren't many players with a career like him, so if he wanna take this route now...
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

'EclipZe

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 11:41:29 AM »
What can he top? He already won all the awards that are relevant.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 01:11:02 PM »
What can he top? He already won all the awards that are relevant.

This is true.

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 01:21:53 PM »
Definitely gonna catch a TFC-NY game
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Elano

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 05:18:31 AM »
THIERRY HENRY has targeted a return to Arsenal — once his American adventure is over.

The French star left Barcelona to join Major League Soccer side New York Red Bulls last week on a 4˝ year deal.

Henry, 32, spent eight years with the Gunners, winning two Premier League titles and three FA Cups during his time at the club before moving to Spain in 2007.

But despite only inking his Red Bulls deal a week ago, Henry has vowed to go back to the Emirates once his playing days are finished.

He said: "What I want to do is when I retire, I don't know how, but I want to come back to Arsenal.

"I have just come to New York to play and to compete and win another title. After everything is done then I will think about it.

"But whatever it is, I want to come back to Arsenal — maybe as a waterboy — I just love this club."

The former France international also urged Gunners captain Cesc Fabregas to snub a move to Barca and stay in north London.

The 23-year-old Spanish World Cup winner is being courted by the Nou Camp side but Henry reckons his old team-mate should stay put.

He added: "It is hard because Cesc is from Barcelona. I wouldn't like to be in his position because he is from there and he loves Arsenal.

"As an Arsenal fan, I want him to stay at Arsenal, but I would also understand if he goes back home."

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 09:11:59 AM »
henry is too old and slow for top euro team, its best if he goes to ny for more money and just chills

fabregas will be making a mistake joining barca too, he'll just be on bench

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 11:58:20 AM »
Henry is past it and knows it, he has already tarnished his legacy with the handball.

He was getting shown up last year and staying in europe he risked declining even further, in america he can shine and still be seen as a great player.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 01:38:12 PM »
Henry has had an excellent career and this is a great slow retirement package for him. Good on him.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 06:54:09 PM »
Henry is past it and knows it, he has already tarnished his legacy with the handball.

lol

kemizt