Author Topic: The G.O.A.T has spoken  (Read 3064 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The G.O.A.T has spoken
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 01:24:53 PM »
the bar for them is just higher.

Absolutely right.  Not even the Yankees have this type of pressure. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »
so if Lebron has 3 or more Finals MVP trophies by 2015, will he have a worse "legacy" than if he'd gotten his ass kicked by the Celtics or Magic every year? Be serious, please. There was no shot of winning an NBA title when Varejao is the 3rd best player. It's incredible how so many people ignore the whackness of the Cavs. They are a 35-win team now at best. The Jordan Bulls went to the 2nd round without him. How is that comparable?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 02:23:04 PM »
Yeah, put MJ on the Cavs, let him lose forever & he woulda bounced too.
This guy is steady "sucking" LeBron lately, unless you guys just keep posting old things. But it seems like he's going out of his way to say LeBron is wack.

Obviously jealous of the pre-draft comparisions.

What are you talking about, moron? Your dumbness is getting too exaggerated, man, seriously. LeBron is in the exact same situation Jordan was with the Bulls...Jordan didn't win in his first 7 seasons, and was bounced in back-to-back years by Detroit. By that point, people questioned whether he could even lead a team to a title....do you think Jordan bitched out and bolted to another superstar's team? Do you think a player of Jordan's competitive nature would even have it in him to make such a bitch move? Come on, cham...your support of LeBron is fine and all, but you're going way past support with this dumbness.

You have selective hearing; your opinion is more irrelevant than Jordan's biased one lol.

The fact that you think Jordan is giving his opinion just to discredit LeBron just goes to show what a delusional moron you are. Anyone who doesn't think you're a complete retard must share the same delusion as you. It wasn't just my opinion showing how stupid you are...it was also the FACT that Jordan was in the same exact position as Lebron, despite your ridiculous claim of "lets see how Jordan would react if he were placed on a team where he got nowhere for 7 years" LOL

Like 7even said, the Bulls won a playoff series when Jordan left; the Cavs won't win 25 games. Even that would surprise me. The Nets last year had a better look on paper than the Cavs do this year lol.

Speaking of delusional, if you disagree with that, you're the exact definition of delusional lmfao.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 03:35:15 PM »
so if Lebron has 3 or more Finals MVP trophies by 2015, will he have a worse "legacy" than if he'd gotten his ass kicked by the Celtics or Magic every year? Be serious, please. There was no shot of winning an NBA title when Varejao is the 3rd best player. It's incredible how so many people ignore the whackness of the Cavs. They are a 35-win team now at best. The Jordan Bulls went to the 2nd round without him. How is that comparable?

No...but his legacy wouldn't be as celebrated as if he woulda brought titles to Cleveland with a team built around HIM. The Bulls of the 80s woulda never made the playoffs without Jordan...Jordan didn't run away from the pressure and he didn't choose to leave Chicago after his constant struggles in the first half of his career.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 09:27:34 PM by NIKCC »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 05:55:13 PM »

after his constant struggles in the first half of his career.

lol You had Kobe on the brain didnt you?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 09:27:54 PM »

after his constant struggles in the first half of his career.

lol You had Kobe on the brain didnt you?

not nearly as much as you, apparently LOL

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 10:14:47 AM »
Yeah, put MJ on the Cavs, let him lose forever & he woulda bounced too.
This guy is steady "sucking" LeBron lately, unless you guys just keep posting old things. But it seems like he's going out of his way to say LeBron is wack.

Obviously jealous of the pre-draft comparisions.

What are you talking about, moron? Your dumbness is getting too exaggerated, man, seriously. LeBron is in the exact same situation Jordan was with the Bulls...Jordan didn't win in his first 7 seasons, and was bounced in back-to-back years by Detroit. By that point, people questioned whether he could even lead a team to a title....do you think Jordan bitched out and bolted to another superstar's team? Do you think a player of Jordan's competitive nature would even have it in him to make such a bitch move? Come on, cham...your support of LeBron is fine and all, but you're going way past support with this dumbness.

You have selective hearing; your opinion is more irrelevant than Jordan's biased one lol.

The fact that you think Jordan is giving his opinion just to discredit LeBron just goes to show what a delusional moron you are. Anyone who doesn't think you're a complete retard must share the same delusion as you. It wasn't just my opinion showing how stupid you are...it was also the FACT that Jordan was in the same exact position as Lebron, despite your ridiculous claim of "lets see how Jordan would react if he were placed on a team where he got nowhere for 7 years" LOL

Like 7even said, the Bulls won a playoff series when Jordan left; the Cavs won't win 25 games. Even that would surprise me. The Nets last year had a better look on paper than the Cavs do this year lol.

Speaking of delusional, if you disagree with that, you're the exact definition of delusional lmfao.

The Bulls won after Jordan left, but they never won before Jordan came. But you also have to look at the mentality. Jordan never wanted to win with someone else, Pippen was perfect because he was talented enough to be great, but he was unselfish enough to let MJ get all the glory. Like Kobe and Gasol now, Gasol is one of the, if not the greatest international player outside the US, but instead of wanting that top spot he lets Kobe have it. Kobe had Shaq, and the last two year was carrying the team, but did want another superstar even though he came up with him. The old school mentality is that you win with a supporting cast, and you want to be the superstar. Now what LeBron, Wade and Bosh are doing is actually the old old school mentality, in the way of the Celtics of the 60's, Lakers of the late 60's/early 70's, the Lakers of the 80's, and that's sacrifice points and individual stats for the good of the team. As I said about Magic, if Magic was on a team of superstars in the 80's, and he was the best player, what does that make Magic? In the end the same will be said about LeBron, his on a team of superstars, and if he ends up the best superstar on that team, what does that make him? Face facts, the Heat will win titles, maybe not this next year because the Lakers just added a TON of depth that the Heat can't compete with. But once they get that exception money to go over the cap, then we'll see the Heat rise and win, and if LeBron is the superstar in a team of superstars, well what does that make LeBron? I don't think he wins 5 titles with the Heat, but I do think in the end LeBron goes top 10 of all time. Right now top 5 is on lock, Jordan, Magic, Russell, Kareem and Kobe, so I'm not sure LeBron reaches that. But Wilt (okay maybe not Wilt) Dr. J, Bird, Oscar Robinson, Duncan all look very reachable to LeBron, and I can see him passing Dr. J easy. But that's all in the future, right now lets see him win with the Super Friends.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 11:35:17 AM »
I know LeBron was talking out of pure hype when he said this, but he said he plans on winning seven to eight rings; HOW WOULD THAT NOT put him in the top five? :laugh:

Don't give me that "he needed help" because Kobe needed help, having Shaq was as good as what LeBron has now, you claim the Lakers are better, so Kobe's current staff is better than what LeBron has now.

Shiiiit, Kareem & Magic are in your top 5 (basically everyones) & they PLAYED TOGETHER.

Who cares how they come together? They played together & dominated.

Even Jordan had Pippen & Rodman.

So basically, there is no argument for LeBron not being considered Top 5, if he wins "seven or eight", ESSPECAILLY if they're in a row. :o

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 11:54:32 AM »
I know LeBron was talking out of pure hype when he said this, but he said he plans on winning seven to eight rings; HOW WOULD THAT NOT put him in the top five? :laugh:

Don't give me that "he needed help" because Kobe needed help, having Shaq was as good as what LeBron has now, you claim the Lakers are better, so Kobe's current staff is better than what LeBron has now.

Shiiiit, Kareem & Magic are in your top 5 (basically everyones) & they PLAYED TOGETHER.

Who cares how they come together? They played together & dominated.

Even Jordan had Pippen & Rodman.

So basically, there is no argument for LeBron not being considered Top 5, if he wins "seven or eight", ESSPECAILLY if they're in a row. :o

Dude, you repeated what I said in a way. Reread my post instead of thinking I'm some blind Laker fan. I said LeBron is following Magics path. Magic was on a team of superstars, Worthy, Kareem, and if he was the biggest star among the stars, what does that make Magic.  :o Same with LeBron. If LeBron does win 8 titles, then you have to put him in the top, no questions. Just because a Laker isn't universally considered the GOAT doesn't mean I'd be mad. Right now, I'm fine with Jordan being the GOAT. I like to argue Magic was a star among stars, but LeBron would be a star among stars so it changes everything.

Now I would not put LeBron in any top 5 yet, I mean his only 25. I never called Jordan the greatest until he retired the second time, because he was still writing his book. I will not put LeBron in the top 5 until he wins a title for one, and two he actually plays the games to be put up there. We are going off in 2016 we're calling LeBron the GOAT because the Heat won 6 titles in a row. Well before we start doing that, I would like to see it. As Michael Wilborn says, you can't depend on winning titles all the time, you have a short window. And in some cases you maybe the better team but something happens. Like in 2004, the Spurs actually might have been better than the "Super" Lakers, BUT Derek Fisher hits a lucky 0.4 second shot and the Lakers win. I mean until it all plays out you never know. D-Wade is 28, meaning he has 4-5 prime years left, and that might be the window LeBron is working with, or you never know about an injury and LeBron is the next Grant Hill. I mean until you actually play it out, you never know. BUT I WILL NEVER DENY LEBRON HAS THE POTENTIAL. He is by far the best athlete the NBA has seen. His like the Dr. J of this era, he does things no one else has seen. On top of that he has a jump shot, and is working on having the skills of a Jordan or a Kobe. LeBron could one day be the GOAT. But let us see him earn that title instead of giving the Heat the next 8 titles. You never know.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 11:59:31 AM »
Jordan had Pippen, Rodman and Phil Jackson in Chicago.

Magic had Kareem, Worthy and Pat Riley in LA.

LeBron had Mo Williams, Varejao and Mike Brown in Cleveland.

How the blatant difference eludes everybody is beyond me.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 12:03:20 PM »

No...but his legacy wouldn't be as celebrated as if he woulda brought titles to Cleveland with a team built around HIM. The Bulls of the 80s woulda never made the playoffs without Jordan...Jordan didn't run away from the pressure and he didn't choose to leave Chicago after his constant struggles in the first half of his career.

He also never had a team mate fuck his mother.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 12:05:12 PM »

It doesnt elude EVERYbody. Just those who attempt to make Lebron out to be completely overrated.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 12:08:43 PM »

You forgot about Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Delonte West, you can't forget about West... lol

And Kobe has Gasol, Artest, Bynum and Phil Jackson  8)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 12:41:50 PM »

lmao its fun to imagine that one of the old bulls players would be slingin dick to jordans mom...which one would it be? alot of you would be too quick to say pippen but im voting for BJ armstrong...he looks like a sneaky little fucker.

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 01:08:41 PM »

that was never proven LOL...and even if it did happen, LeBron was the GM of that team...if he wanted Delonte gone, he coulda done it with a single text message. thats a funny excuse, though..."but he fucked my mama!"