Author Topic: I guess Magic Johnson is "jealous" of LeBron too...  (Read 3584 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: I guess Magic Johnson is "jealous" of LeBron too...
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 11:56:35 PM »
^76ers fan; love 'em. Can't beat most teams in the East, let alone the Heat & Lakers.

& don't front like a majority of the LeBron/Kobe threads aren't made from Lakers fans; NIK actually makes most of them lol.

If it's a thread, we're entitled to drop our opinion on the situation.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 11:52:55 AM »
i swear besides lakers and celtics fans on here,who do some of you equals like? like who are y'all teams? are do y'all just cream over superstar players? labron is a coward and a quitter who went and hid under d-wade's skirt, it's like the whole world is filled with more guys that are pussy's now, it's just like music,muthafuccas act like they can't do shit on they own,they have to get other's to "make them hot", what happen to working with yo own squad and making y'all selves winners. broads are missing they bra and thongs cause all these pussy as guys are wearing em yell

Spurs. Been a fan since Robinson hit the league
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 11:53:48 AM »
Magic didn't win shit until Kareem came, the best center of the 80s. Go figure nigga.

... you realize Kareem was on the team before Magic, right? And you realize Magic won the championship and the Finals MVP in his rookie season?

Yes, but you can't compare the situations. Magic played with the best center of the decade. LeBron played with Varejao. He won the Finals MVP because Kareem couldn't play. If Kareem was at 100% all playoffs long, he woulda got the Finals MVP.

It's just laughable when Jordan and Magic diss LeBron (and not say anything about Bosh or Wade) while they have both been lucky as hell by playing in a nice city with a big and attractive market all carreer long and having their share of great teammates that won championships before. LeBron had Cleveland. And Varejao. No comparison at all.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 12:02:21 PM »
Magic didn't win shit until Kareem came, the best center of the 80s. Go figure nigga.

... you realize Kareem was on the team before Magic, right? And you realize Magic won the championship and the Finals MVP in his rookie season?

Yes, but you can't compare the situations. Magic played with the best center of the decade. LeBron played with Varejao. He won the Finals MVP because Kareem couldn't play. If Kareem was at 100% all playoffs long, he woulda got the Finals MVP.

It's just laughable when Jordan and Magic diss LeBron (and not say anything about Bosh or Wade) while they have both been lucky as hell by playing in a nice city with a big and attractive market all carreer long and having their share of great teammates that won championships before. LeBron had Cleveland. And Varejao. No comparison at all.

See, the thing is I do respect Jordan and Magic.  And even on this subject, I understand where they are coming from.  I dont really like the move to Miami myself.  But its Lebrons choice and if he wins some championships no one can tell him shit. 

But these guys are kinda making comparisons that dont make sense. Even fans when they talk about how Magic would never have joined Bird, etc. They are just being dramatic. As if Lebron and Wade had some sort of rivalry lol. Or as if Lebron was gettin bounced out of the playoffs by the Heat every year and he just joins em instead of trying to beat them. This would be much more the case if he decided to sign with the Celtics.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 12:13:06 PM »

See, the thing is I do respect Jordan and Magic.  And even on this subject, I understand where they are coming from.  I dont really like the move to Miami myself.  But its Lebrons choice and if he wins some championships no one can tell him shit. 

But these guys are kinda making comparisons that dont make sense. Even fans when they talk about how Magic would never have joined Bird, etc. They are just being dramatic. As if Lebron and Wade had some sort of rivalry lol. Or as if Lebron was gettin bounced out of the playoffs by the Heat every year and he just joins em instead of trying to beat them. This would be much more the case if he decided to sign with the Celtics.

The stupidest thing about that argument is Magic won in his rookie year and Bird won in his sophomore year. They each had two rings by their 5th year and played each other in the final the 6th year. (And I personally feel that if Larry never got hurt they each would have had 4 going into the 89-90 season and played each other again for the ultimate tie breaker of team and player of the decade but that's just me). The point is Magic and Larry never had to face the frustration of Lebron, Wade, or even Bosh. Wade got one early but since then has had to deal with some clunker teams and Lebron's situation speaks for it self. I guarantee if Magic and Larry had spent the first 5 or 6 years of their career getting beat because their teams weren't so good, and let's say instead of LA and Boston splitting championships Dr J and Malone were winning em all and the opportunity to join forces was made available, they would have at least thought about it.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 12:24:34 PM »

The stupidest thing about that argument is Magic won in his rookie year and Bird won in his sophomore year. They each had two rings by their 5th year and played each other in the final the 6th year. (And I personally feel that if Larry never got hurt they each would have had 4 going into the 89-90 season and played each other again for the ultimate tie breaker of team and player of the decade but that's just me). The point is Magic and Larry never had to face the frustration of Lebron, Wade, or even Bosh. Wade got one early but since then has had to deal with some clunker teams and Lebron's situation speaks for it self. I guarantee if Magic and Larry had spent the first 5 or 6 years of their career getting beat because their teams weren't so good, and let's say instead of LA and Boston splitting championships Dr J and Malone were winning em all and the opportunity to join forces was made available, they would have at least thought about it.

But MJ did have the same frustration. He could never beat that Pistons team, he had to go through those Celtics teams. In Scottie Pippen's rookie year, MJ had 32ppg, Scottie only 7. MJ's greatest help came from Sam Vincent. MJ stuck on those teams, and eventually got the right coach in Phil Jackson. LeBron's teams were better than  MJ's teams, lets not kid ourselves. The Bulls never finished with the first seed until the title years when Phil Jackson came into play. Then the triangle took pressure off MJ and allowed the teams to come together. Bryon Scott might have been that coach, and there was word saying Chris Paul might have wanted to join LeBron. I understand why LeBron did what he did, but lets not act like LeBron was getting shitted on in Cleveland.

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2010, 01:04:11 PM »

Again...after 7 years, Jordan was in the exact same situation as LeBron. In fact, LeBron had it better, because he actually had some all-stars on his squad. LOL. stop the bullshit.

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2010, 01:05:53 PM »

Magic or Larry woulda led the Cavs to a title by now.......

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 01:06:46 PM »

But MJ did have the same frustration. He could never beat that Pistons team, he had to go through those Celtics teams. In Scottie Pippen's rookie year, MJ had 32ppg, Scottie only 7. MJ's greatest help came from Sam Vincent. MJ stuck on those teams, and eventually got the right coach in Phil Jackson. LeBron's teams were better than  MJ's teams, lets not kid ourselves. The Bulls never finished with the first seed until the title years when Phil Jackson came into play. Then the triangle took pressure off MJ and allowed the teams to come together. Bryon Scott might have been that coach, and there was word saying Chris Paul might have wanted to join LeBron. I understand why LeBron did what he did, but lets not act like LeBron was getting shitted on in Cleveland.

finally....some real talk

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 01:07:47 PM »

I'm not saying he was shitted completely, but MJ wasn't being called the greatest player in the world those years he was losing in the 80s. It was an argument between Larry or Magic. When Phil got there (as head coach) he changed the team and by Phil's second year they won. If they had lost in 91 and Phil was fired and Grant fucked MJs mom, and Larry called and said I'm gonna retire soon and I want you to take my spot as the next great Celtic things may have been different. Or Malone and Stockton called, or if Barkley called and said Doc's gone you're Doc but better. Or Pat Riley called and said I'm going to the big apple to build a new dynasty, you want in? I think MJ may have had some thinking to do. But he won in his 7th year. In his 7th year Lebron went home in the Eastern Final and hung out in his living room with mommy and Delonte. Then after hearing about coach getting fired he gets a call from Bosh and Wade.

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 01:16:33 PM »
^Bottom line, if LeBron was a Jordan or a Magic or a Bird, he woulda won by now with Cleveland.

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 01:59:27 PM »

MJ did. Youre right. But 7even was talking about Bird and Magic. Not only did Bird and magic win early, they were in the two places you WANTED to be at that time. They were in premier positions for a player. Cleveland isnt exactly where you WANT to be when it comes to the NBA. And I give you MJ, because Chicago wasnt where you want to be either (back then) lol. but we have no idea what was going on behind closed doors. Its pure speculation on our parts. Perhaps its just Jordan being the ultimate compeitor. Perhaps its something else too. Maybe Jordan saw a light at the end of the tunnel in Chicago that Lebron didnt see in Cleveland. True Cleveland was winning a lot of games. But maybe Lebron (in his dealing with the FO) didnt see everything being done to win a championship. We all saw how Dan Gilbert acted when Lebron chose Miami. Its only natural to assume there was a problem there between the two. What owner acts that way?  Players have been chasing championships forever, you cant just condemn Lebron only. How close was Kobe to being traded? We damn sure know he wanted to be when he was unhappy with the direction in LA. Is he any different really? He just didnt happen to be a FA with the freedom to go wherever he wanted.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 02:43:02 PM »

MJ did. Youre right. But 7even was talking about Bird and Magic. Not only did Bird and magic win early, they were in the two places you WANTED to be at that time. They were in premier positions for a player. Cleveland isnt exactly where you WANT to be when it comes to the NBA. And I give you MJ, because Chicago wasnt where you want to be either (back then) lol. but we have no idea what was going on behind closed doors. Its pure speculation on our parts. Perhaps its just Jordan being the ultimate compeitor. Perhaps its something else too. Maybe Jordan saw a light at the end of the tunnel in Chicago that Lebron didnt see in Cleveland. True Cleveland was winning a lot of games. But maybe Lebron (in his dealing with the FO) didnt see everything being done to win a championship. We all saw how Dan Gilbert acted when Lebron chose Miami. Its only natural to assume there was a problem there between the two. What owner acts that way?  Players have been chasing championships forever, you cant just condemn Lebron only. How close was Kobe to being traded? We damn sure know he wanted to be when he was unhappy with the direction in LA. Is he any different really? He just didnt happen to be a FA with the freedom to go wherever he wanted.

We also saw how the Bulls acted when Jordan retired, they acted like someone stole their favorite Power Ranger toy. I think the main difference will not be seen until the end of LeBron's career when he gives his HoF speech. In Jordan's HoF speech, he was still talking shit about everybody, and people were turned off by that. Jordan is the ultimate competitor, He had the drive people wished all their star players had, and no one has had since, not even Kobe though he comes close. LeBron I'm willing to bet will thank everybody, in his MVP speeches he thanks his teammates, he wants everyone to be involved. LeBron is different than MJ in personalities, lets not act like MJ would do the same as LeBron. They are two different people.

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 02:50:04 PM »

We also saw how the Bulls acted when Jordan retired, they acted like someone stole their favorite Power Ranger toy. I think the main difference will not be seen until the end of LeBron's career when he gives his HoF speech. In Jordan's HoF speech, he was still talking shit about everybody, and people were turned off by that. Jordan is the ultimate competitor, He had the drive people wished all their star players had, and no one has had since, not even Kobe though he comes close. LeBron I'm willing to bet will thank everybody, in his MVP speeches he thanks his teammates, he wants everyone to be involved. LeBron is different than MJ in personalities, lets not act like MJ would do the same as LeBron. They are two different people.

So in other words. Kobe doesnt have the drive that Jordan does. Agreed.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2010, 04:05:45 PM »
^Bottom line, if LeBron was a Jordan or a Magic or a Bird, he woulda won by now with Cleveland.

Yeah, exactly. The Cavs would have won the last 3 seasons with Larry, Magic, or Jordan.