Author Topic: Dr. Dre Sued $1.2 Million For Unpaid Studio Session  (Read 1175 times)

sofdark

Re: Dr. Dre Sued $1.2 Million For Unpaid Studio Session
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 08:12:31 AM »
like long as time ago, wasn't there some comment about Dre taking chronic to labels and them telling him shit sucks cause live performers played it?

i also remember it mentioned how Dre used to play it at his house saying shit is good so he doesn't understand why labels wouldn't like it.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 08:15:04 AM »
has he?  i can recall reading that he started recording differently upon meeting khalil.

someone was talking about sampling and how dre switched up his style of sampling to live re-recordings after her worked with khalil

i honestly don't follow too much info on dre.  khalil/new royales is my shit

Dre was doing that back in the N.W.A days. In fact he might be the one who started that trend in hip hop.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 09:17:02 AM »
has he?  i can recall reading that he started recording differently upon meeting khalil.

someone was talking about sampling and how dre switched up his style of sampling to live re-recordings after her worked with khalil

Dre was doing that back in the N.W.A days. In fact he might be the one who started that trend in hip hop.
correct.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 02:14:34 AM »
Even so, you have to be financial retarded to squander $1.2 million dollars just like that.

Where does it say this money was squandered? I assume its what they owe for renting the studios.

Try to use your brain. No music published from the sessions= no profit, therefore the money is squandered.

You don't know what music was produced from those session. How is this news? Dr. Dre has been a producer since the late 80s, we already know he has a large vault of unpublished music. Clearly he makes a lot more money than he spends working on music. For all you know he was working on Detox or Em's next album or any number of things that will hopefully see release in the future. If not, then all he has to do is sell a few beats and bam, all that studio time is paid for.

You want value for your money, atleast if your name isn't Dr.Dre. I don't dissagree that the man probably makes more money than he can spend (from headphones alone), but for me or any reasnoble person: Spending 1.2 million dollars for studio sessions just to throw the music in some vault at the end equals no profit and is just plane stupid.

And another thing, I know quite a few things about music/ hardware/ software/ building a studio, and to think Interscope records (one of the biggest record companies in the world) can't afford to build Aftermath the most state of the art studio EVER, is ridicoulus. In this day and age, building a great studio don't have to cost you millions of dollars.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 02:26:57 AM »

yeah the good doctor started that with useing live instruments to play some samples he used.

1980DRE

• 'G'
  • Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 02:59:01 AM »
Even so, you have to be financial retarded to squander $1.2 million dollars just like that.

"Financially Retarded" meaning "Stupid" or "Financially Retarded" meaning "Stupidly Rich"... I'm gonna go with the latter...

1.2 Mil. = some money from his; Dr. Pepper commercial, Monster's Beat's headphones, and 1/16 of profit from Em's sales from the Relapse for the first week...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2010, 07:31:50 AM »

Where does it say this money was squandered? I assume its what they owe for renting the studios.

Try to use your brain. No music published from the sessions= no profit, therefore the money is squandered.

You don't know what music was produced from those session. How is this news? Dr. Dre has been a producer since the late 80s, we already know he has a large vault of unpublished music. Clearly he makes a lot more money than he spends working on music. For all you know he was working on Detox or Em's next album or any number of things that will hopefully see release in the future. If not, then all he has to do is sell a few beats and bam, all that studio time is paid for.

You want value for your money, atleast if your name isn't Dr.Dre. I don't dissagree that the man probably makes more money than he can spend (from headphones alone), but for me or any reasnoble person: Spending 1.2 million dollars for studio sessions just to throw the music in some vault at the end equals no profit and is just plane stupid.

And another thing, I know quite a few things about music/ hardware/ software/ building a studio, and to think Interscope records (one of the biggest record companies in the world) can't afford to build Aftermath the most state of the art studio EVER, is ridicoulus. In this day and age, building a great studio don't have to cost you millions of dollars.

Well I agree that most of us wouldn't spend money like that, but its something Dre has been doing his whole career. How is this any different from what 2Pac did? The only reason we have so many posthumous Pac albums is because he recorded so many vocals and never used them.

As far as Aftermath not having his own studio, we don't even know that. I would be surprised if they didn't. Like someone else mentioned, its not like Dre only records in one place. He could've easily been traveling somewhere and rented out a studio to record there.