Author Topic: Spurs hand Lakers their third straight beat down  (Read 268 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Spurs hand Lakers their third straight beat down
« on: December 28, 2010, 08:52:56 PM »
3 straight losses of 15+

wow good job Lakers
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

The Watcher

Re: Spurs hand Lakers their third straight beat down
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 08:56:35 PM »
its only regular season.. there is no sense of urgency yet!!!!
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 12:05:19 AM »
This was surprising. I figured we would beat them. But after that embarassment on Christmas...I figured the Lakers would play well. They came out fast...and I expected that. But after that, Kobe was really locked down. Hill and Manu really frustrated him all night.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 12:57:30 AM »
That's some good shit... makes me feel better about an injured Nowitzki and a loss to the Raptors.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 01:20:47 AM »
That's some good shit... makes me feel better about an injured Nowitzki and a loss to the Raptors.

Hopefully Dirk is back for the game Thursday....Its gonna be a good one!
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 04:40:53 AM »
After 15 years in the league and a lot of mileage and his last game Kobe game starts declining .... I remember he was just messing with the Spurs D in February 010 and easily scored 35 pts with a good FG % ... he made Gino and Hill look like all time defenders last night  :-X he can't finish at the rim anymore and his long J is Lebronesque cause the elevation is gone  ... the thing is most of the shots he missed were easy ones for prime Kobe

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 05:40:40 AM »
I always find it amusing when Kobe is having a rough night and he takes it out on everyone else...I played with a guy in highschool like that, the guy was a total douche bag.

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 02:53:36 PM »
After 15 years in the league and a lot of mileage and his last game Kobe game starts declining .... I remember he was just messing with the Spurs D in February 010 and easily scored 35 pts with a good FG % ... he made Gino and Hill look like all time defenders last night  :-X he can't finish at the rim anymore and his long J is Lebronesque cause the elevation is gone  ... the thing is most of the shots he missed were easy ones for prime Kobe

George Hill has played good D on Kobe. For some reason he gives Kobe problems. Give credit where its due, it wasnt just Kobe playing poorly...it was the Spurs defense frustrating him. If you watched the game it was clear. The Spurs plan was to bait the Lakers into taking long jumpers rather than feed the bigmen...and it worked. If this Laker team is going to beat the Spurs, it will HAVE to use its size. If they rely just on Kobe, the Spurs will shut them down.

Last year
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqWfURXrvNk?fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iqWfURXrvNk?fs=1</a>

teecee

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
Great defense by the Spurs...Kobe missed 13 straight at one point.

I think they'll turn it around, but to watch these guys right now is laughable.  Kobe is in straight gunner mode, but its not 2006 or 2007.   Everyuone else just stands and watches.   Luckily Phil will figure it out; Kobe's way isn't working.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 04:54:06 PM »
After 15 years in the league and a lot of mileage and his last game Kobe game starts declining .... I remember he was just messing with the Spurs D in February 010 and easily scored 35 pts with a good FG % ... he made Gino and Hill look like all time defenders last night  :-X he can't finish at the rim anymore and his long J is Lebronesque cause the elevation is gone  ... the thing is most of the shots he missed were easy ones for prime Kobe

ya sadly he was never effective when someone defended him well.  If you're on him like white on rice, he cant make his shots.  I think most teams have figured that, so that is why no one is like Michael Jordan.  Kobe never took over the game like he did, especially not against tough defensive teams.  Jordan didnt let his opponents frustrate him, kobe definitely shows his frustration and thats his weakness.

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 09:06:37 PM »

ya sadly he was never effective when someone defended him well.  If you're on him like white on rice, he cant make his shots.  I think most teams have figured that, so that is why no one is like Michael Jordan.  Kobe never took over the game like he did, especially not against tough defensive teams.  Jordan didnt let his opponents frustrate him, kobe definitely shows his frustration and thats his weakness.

Think about everything the Knicks used to throw at Jordan. They would do everything short of stabbing him in the neck to stop him.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 02:54:23 PM »

Think about everything the Knicks used to throw at Jordan. They would do everything short of stabbing him in the neck to stop him.

exactly, not only knicks but teams like pacers, pistons and others did too, playoffs used to be intense back then, no way kobe would survive then