Author Topic: Dan Haren to Angels.  (Read 147 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Dan Haren to Angels.
« on: July 25, 2010, 04:11:39 PM »
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100725&content_id=12626212&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

PHOENIX -- The D-backs traded pitcher Dan Haren to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim on Sunday afternoon for four players, including left-handed starter Joe Saunders.

Arizona also received Minor League pitchers Rafael Rodriguez and Patrick Corbin along with a player to be named later.

Haren, who was rumored to be headed to the New York Yankees earlier this week and has been a hot name throughout July, previously said he preferred to stay on the West Coast. He had been scheduled to make his next start Tuesday in Philadelphia.

D-backs team president and CEO Derrick Hall said Thursday that it would require an "A-plus deal" to move Haren, who has two years and an option remaining on his current contract. Hall indicated that he and interim general manager Jerry Dipoto were seeking Major League-ready pitching in any transaction. Rodriguez and, to a greater degree, Saunders fit the bill.

Dipoto and Haren will be available to speak with reporters following the D-backs' game Sunday against the Giants.

Saunders, the Angels' No. 2 starter this season, is 6-10 with a 4.52 ERA in 20 starts. He was an All-Star in 2008.

For Triple-A Salt Lake, Rodriguez, 25, a right-handed reliever, was 5-3 with a 3.04 ERA with 10 saves in 50 1/3 innings.

Corbin, 21, a left-handed Class A starter, was 13-3 with a 3.87 ERA in 20 starts between two Minor League stops.

Haren, who was previously from the Cardinals and the Athletics earlier in his eight-year career, arrived in Arizona in 2007. He compiled a 37-26 record here with a 3.56 ERA

Very disappointed we didn't get him. :-\

But good move by the Angels, they play the Rangers six times in the next two weeks, they need to make their move on them now.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: Dan Haren to Angels.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 05:17:45 PM »
Good shit, now if only Dodgers would add to their bullpen.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »
Damn it he's back in the AL West  :(
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 07:10:39 PM »
damn   thought he was going to NYY
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 07:34:57 PM »
This is a steal for the Angels. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 08:08:55 PM »
they still wont win that division.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 04:12:51 PM »
lol this is what happens when you let go of a good GM, new guy comes in and does something stupid