4 (23.5%)
Miami Heat - Time to take out another big 3
12 (70.6%)
New York Knicks - It can happen... okay maybe not
1 (5.9%)
Orlando Magic - I know we can beat this team
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: To Laker fans... a poll  (Read 1516 times)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: To Laker fans... a poll
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 03:28:44 PM »
respect you daygo for being a true fan of your squad and not a bandwagon jumper,but the spurs are a sedative,i mean when they was in the finals i couldn't even watch that shit it was so damn boring yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 11:18:48 AM »
respect you daygo for being a true fan of your squad and not a bandwagon jumper,but the spurs are a sedative,i mean when they was in the finals i couldn't even watch that shit it was so damn boring yell

I can see that. But it all depends on what kinda fan you are. There are football fans who like to see highscoring games...and there are football fans who can respect and appreciate a good defensive struggle. Likewise, Baseball fans who like watching a good pitching dual. Others would say its boring cus there isnt enough scoring. The Spurs squads in the finals were dominant defensive teams. Shit, the Robinson/Duncan Spurs were rated as one of the best finals teams ever, and analysts were questioning whether Jordans Bulls from the previous year could have even beat them, because of how dominant they were on D. They were just impossible to score on, and all of the Spurs championship teams could make exciting teams look awkward and out of rhythm.

Oh, and that same boredom u had...was how I felt during this years finals. The excitement was because it was LA and Boston. But it was possibly the worst basketball Ive seen played between two teams ever in the finals. Ive seen ONE team play shitty in the finals, but dont recall watching TWO teams. It was pretty ugly.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 11:20:35 AM by .:DaYg0sTyLz:. »
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 12:34:09 PM »
To be fair to the Lakers and Celtics, I saw less physicality during a heated Big 10 football game than in the NBA Finals this year. The first 3 games it looked like the refs were trying to control the physicality of the games, but when everyone started to complain about the refs, they decided to let them play and it made for one very physical finals. I like high scoring myself, so this finals was not exactly my kind of basketball, but I'll take it if the Lakers win.

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 03:49:32 PM »
To be fair to the Lakers and Celtics, I saw less physicality during a heated Big 10 football game than in the NBA Finals this year. The first 3 games it looked like the refs were trying to control the physicality of the games, but when everyone started to complain about the refs, they decided to let them play and it made for one very physical finals. I like high scoring myself, so this finals was not exactly my kind of basketball, but I'll take it if the Lakers win.

An ugly win > a pretty loss...thats for sure. And it was physical, but it was also just bad play man. Im not saying the two teams werent good. They were the best two teams. But they played shitty basketball in the finals.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 04:03:01 PM »

An ugly win > a pretty loss...thats for sure. And it was physical, but it was also just bad play man. Im not saying the two teams werent good. They were the best two teams. But they played shitty basketball in the finals.
the spurs vs the pistons wasn't what i would call great basketball either haha, and people marvel at micheal jordon but them utah series wasn't a  thing of beauty at all, take away the jordan clear shove in the second series and the sicc game in the first and what did you have? i love tim duncan high lights but to watch him play nah, i would want him to teach my kids post moves tho, if the spurs was a wrestler they would be lance storm technically brilliant but boring as fucc to watch if not against a flashy opponent yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 04:16:06 PM »

the spurs vs the pistons wasn't what i would call great basketball either haha, and people marvel at micheal jordon but them utah series wasn't a  thing of beauty at all, take away the jordan clear shove in the second series and the sicc game in the first and what did you have? i love tim duncan high lights but to watch him play nah, i would want him to teach my kids post moves tho, if the spurs was a wrestler they would be lance storm technically brilliant but boring as fucc to watch if not against a flashy opponent yell

The thing is, the Spurs and Pistons were two completely defensively dominant teams. You were talkin about the two best defensive teams for two years in a row playing in the finals. The two teams played better team ball then the Lakers or Celtics played in this finals. They were just lockdown defensive teams as well.  For Basketball purests that was actually very good finals. The Pistons ran through the Lakers the year before with great team ball, and the Spurs beat them playing a similar style to them.

With this years finals, I just mean it was sloppy. A lot of mistakes, poor shooting. Again, I do think it was the best two teams..and I think it really was the most even matchup we have had in a finals in YEARS. But it just wasnt great basketball. The two teams played better ball getting to the finals than they did IN the finals.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 04:30:51 PM »
What we gon do or say if heat bring the heat...hows ur mother james? Haha
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 04:38:56 PM »
daygo doesn't realize that the defense in this series was a thousand times as intense as any spurs-pistons matchup...the rivalry led to pure tension in the environment, and basketball purests knew from the get-go that these were gunna be some extremely ugly grind-it-out game in the 2010 finals...but it's fun as fuck for the fans of both teams to watch, because it's almost like a boxing match more than it is a basketball game...i don't think any piston or spur fan can ever understand the intensity between the celtics and the lakers and what this really meant.

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 04:44:02 PM »
daygo doesn't realize that the defense in this series was a thousand times as intense as any spurs-pistons matchup...the rivalry led to pure tension in the environment, and basketball purests knew from the get-go that these were gunna be some extremely ugly grind-it-out game in the 2010 finals...but it's fun as fuck for the fans of both teams to watch, because it's almost like a boxing match more than it is a basketball game...i don't think any piston or spur fan can ever understand the intensity between the celtics and the lakers and what this really meant.

Youre right...the Lakers were a better defensive team then those Pistons and Spurs teams were LOL. When you argue man, argue points that you can win. Dont just argue to argue. If I say Tim Duncan is taller than Kobe...dont try to argue how really Kobe is taller than Duncan. Clearly those Spurs and Pistons teams were squads that were BUILT on defense. Im not arguing which squads were better cus thats pretty hard to say. But defense WAS their specialties. It was their focus. The Lakers are a good defensive team, but it isnt what they hang their hat on.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 05:11:43 PM »

Youre right...the Lakers were a better defensive team then those Pistons and Spurs teams were LOL. When you argue man, argue points that you can win. Dont just argue to argue. If I say Tim Duncan is taller than Kobe...dont try to argue how really Kobe is taller than Duncan. Clearly those Spurs and Pistons teams were squads that were BUILT on defense. Im not arguing which squads were better cus thats pretty hard to say. But defense WAS their specialties. It was their focus. The Lakers are a good defensive team, but it isnt what they hang their hat on.

no kidding...thats because lakers go through stretches when their defense is atrocious, but when their defense is on point, as it was in the laker-celtic series, it's the strongest defense in the nba. not saying the laker team is built on defense, just that the lakers have shown to excel in defense when that's their focus...detroit and spurs were simply teams who soley focused on defense...doesnt mean that lakers never played defense on that level LOL...make sense, punk.

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 11:50:23 AM »

no kidding...thats because lakers go through stretches when their defense is atrocious, but when their defense is on point, as it was in the laker-celtic series, it's the strongest defense in the nba. not saying the laker team is built on defense, just that the lakers have shown to excel in defense when that's their focus...detroit and spurs were simply teams who soley focused on defense...doesnt mean that lakers never played defense on that level LOL...make sense, punk.

A teams defense is only as good as they actually play it. You cant say..."the Lakers defense is great!! When they play it..." lol. Thats like saying "Shaq is a great free throw shooter....when he hits his free throws". The Pistons and Spurs were teams whos main focus was defense and offensive execution. They werent flashy teams or highscoring teams, but efficient teams that made very few mistakes. Thats what made the Pistons work you guys the year before. And thats the reason why we were able to beat them the next year.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »
^yea, but for that one game, both the Lakers and Boston executed their defense to the highest level possible, surpassing the defense of those Piston and Spurs teams...it's like the Celtics all season...they were an average team, at best, but when the time came, they were a great team. yes, detroit and san antonio played more consistent defense throughout the season/playoffs in their title runs, but the level of defense played in that Lakers-Boston game 7 was incredible and pretty much as good as it gets.

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 05:47:01 PM »
^yea, but for that one game, both the Lakers and Boston executed their defense to the highest level possible, surpassing the defense of those Piston and Spurs teams...it's like the Celtics all season...they were an average team, at best, but when the time came, they were a great team. yes, detroit and san antonio played more consistent defense throughout the season/playoffs in their title runs, but the level of defense played in that Lakers-Boston game 7 was incredible and pretty much as good as it gets.

Youre saying that only because Kobe shot 6-24 from the field and 0-6 from three lol. Funny to watch you give the Celtics such credit for their D...because it gives you the chance to not just say "Kobe played like shit", like everyone else says lol

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 06:51:36 PM »

Youre saying that only because Kobe shot 6-24 from the field and 0-6 from three lol. Funny to watch you give the Celtics such credit for their D...because it gives you the chance to not just say "Kobe played like shit", like everyone else says lol

right...cuz im the only one who says the d in that serious was intense ::)...moron.

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 07:50:22 PM »

right...cuz im the only one who says the d in that serious was intense ::)...moron.

The D was intense. It IS the finals lol. And the offense was shit. And that has nothing to do with point totals. It has to do with offensive execution and sloppy play. You know the difference. You just dont want to admit it.