Author Topic: Anyone Else Checked Out "Batman: Under the Red Hood" Yet ?  (Read 216 times)

JohnnyL

Anyone Else Checked Out "Batman: Under the Red Hood" Yet ?
« on: July 31, 2010, 08:19:55 AM »
 Just bought this, yesterday.  I have to say, imo this is probably the best in the line of DC's recent animated movies.  It pretty much follows the comic storyline of the same name, although Winick streamlined his story for the screenplay, to make it work as a movie.  Still, it hits all of the main points from the comics.  My only complaint is that I think the movie probably would have benefited from having Mark Hamill return as the Joker.  As far as Joker in the animated medium, I think so far his has proven to be the best.  That aside, I thought most of the voice talent worked really well here.
 Also there is a Jonah Hex short film included that was written by Joe R. Lansdale ("Bubba Hotep") that features the voices of Thomas Jane and Linda Hamilton.  It was pretty good too.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 08:21:52 AM by JohnnyL »

G-Funk

Re: Anyone Else Checked Out "Batman: Under the Red Hood" Yet ?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 04:30:57 PM »
Yeah I saw this, definitely better than "Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths" in my opinion.
John DiMaggio did a nice job voicing the Joker, but sometimes when I would hear him I would picture other characters he's voiced before (i.e. dogs, robots, gay dudes, etc) lol.
But anyway it was worth the watch ;D

JohnnyL

Re: Anyone Else Checked Out "Batman: Under the Red Hood" Yet ?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 02:06:03 PM »
Yeah I saw this, definitely better than "Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths" in my opinion.
John DiMaggio did a nice job voicing the Joker, but sometimes when I would hear him I would picture other characters he's voiced before (i.e. dogs, robots, gay dudes, etc) lol.
But anyway it was worth the watch ;D

Yeah.  As the movie progressed I started to warm a little bit to his voicing of the Joker.  I think I still prefer Mark Hamill, but I appreciate that they were trying something new.  And I think for this movie, DiMaggio's Joker worked pretty well.  He definitely had the laugh down.  The laugh sounded similar to the Mark Hamill Joker laugh.  The voice itself was lower, but like I said, I think it worked out alright.