Author Topic: producers claiming dre stold, yet none of them have any hits after dre... Y?  (Read 602 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

I don't see how its stealing when they get co-production credit. But seems a few of the coproducers gets mad that Dr. Dre is the name that gets the attention. Is that Dre's fault tho? Its more public opinion than anything, so blame yourself for talking about dude 24-7.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
i'd like to see a former partner sue Dr.Dre

Lol. Would never happen, the case wouldn't hold up in court.
yeah i know  ;D

teletomble

So, I guess Neff-u was the only one who got blackballed that's actually known of. Him and Big Chuck spoke on a lot of Dr. Dre's stuff.

When Did Neff-U Work With Dre?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
^something like 7 years ago?

V2DHeart

Bullcrap, first of all on Dre blackballing anyone. Yall saying that as an excuse without having fact to such claim.

the fact is blackballing can only do so much.  look at 50 Cent. these producers are not even heard on indy records or making an indie hit.
I see those situation mostly as beat makers who made a beat and thought they should’ve got full production credit, not realizing there’s an actual song to produce, which what Dre takes credit for. People don’t realize u get production credit for producing the SONG, not the beat. When you read “produced by______ it’s for the song, not the just the track. Dre takes a beat and produce the song thus he should get production credit for it, then he clear credits them for co-producing.

that aside, them dudes not only ain’t be heard of (some of them) but non of the producer makes beats like they claim were stolen today. most of them sounds trash today, even Scott Storch beats be a lil crappy now.

Actually, the only ones who claimed they were stolen were Daz, Warren G, and Neff-U. Mel-Man, Chris The Glove, Barney Rubble, Scott Storch, and the rest of the help Dr. Dre has had over the years have never spoke on it. Warren G had success after Dre, and if I remember correctly got paid more than anyone on Death Row. Daz still does his thing, but that independent shit fucked him up. Kalpesh a.k.a. Kronik (his former webmaster) spoke on this once I believe. The only reason Neff-u didn't really do shit was because he got caught up with Death Row Records in 2005. Neff-U still makes quality stuff.

Yeh, he got paid a lot more than Snoop & Dre in those early days, which was good because Dre basically took Snoop & Nate, while discarding Warren. A Rage & 213 album would have been amazing back then
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
None of them, because Dr. Dre blackballed them.

you are correct sir.

LostSkanless

but how did he blacc ball them??? most other lables hate dre & jimmy, so im sure they would love to get some hits from ex-interscope employees. another thing i don't understand is why dre always needs a co-producer, yet one of my top dre produced album (d.o.c. - no one can do it better) had no co-producer. so we know he can do it by himself...

Triple OG Rapsodie

but how did he blacc ball them??? most other lables hate dre & jimmy, so im sure they would love to get some hits from ex-interscope employees. another thing i don't understand is why dre always needs a co-producer, yet one of my top dre produced album (d.o.c. - no one can do it better) had no co-producer. so we know he can do it by himself...

Too lazy probably. Also he's not a musician and he doesn't use samples.

DTG Entertainment

Basically keeps them from making any majors moves in the industry, back in the day he couldn't really do it because he was just an artist. Now, he has say because he actually runs a label and has pull. Most everyone I've met in the industry is connected to either Dr. Dre or P. Diddy or both, and it's all about word of mouth. It's like a fucking family, but the public never sees that.

It's almost as if Dr. Dre and P Diddy run the entire hip hop game, which might sound silly but that's like saying Dr. Dre doesn't sign artists as tax write off's. So, if Dre gives the word and says you're out - well then, you're out and unless you know how to stay away from the majors and go independent with your business, you're fucked. Also, yes, it would be ideal to hire an ex-Dr. Dre protege but if Dre gave a bad word against you, it wouldn't happen. Also, Dr. Dre doesn't need one but he prefers one. Lol. I guess the co-producers help him develop his "new" sound every time.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bullcrap, first of all on Dre blackballing anyone. Yall saying that as an excuse without having fact to such claim.

the fact is blackballing can only do so much.  look at 50 Cent. these producers are not even heard on indy records or making an indie hit.
I see those situation mostly as beat makers who made a beat and thought they should’ve got full production credit, not realizing there’s an actual song to produce, which what Dre takes credit for. People don’t realize u get production credit for producing the SONG, not the beat. When you read “produced by______ it’s for the song, not the just the track. Dre takes a beat and produce the song thus he should get production credit for it, then he clear credits them for co-producing.

that aside, them dudes not only ain’t be heard of (some of them) but non of the producer makes beats like they claim were stolen today. most of them sounds trash today, even Scott Storch beats be a lil crappy now.

you are right from a business stance,cause i've seen it happen, i mean it was a cat who just turned up a noise (very puffy-esque hmmmm haha) and he got production credit, it's so much shit that goes on,shit is hard to actually explain at least it is in my book,that's why i don't really like fucc'n with other equals at all yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Basically keeps them from making any majors moves in the industry, back in the day he couldn't really do it because he was just an artist. Now, he has say because he actually runs a label and has pull. Most everyone I've met in the industry is connected to either Dr. Dre or P. Diddy or both, and it's all about word of mouth. It's like a fucking family, but the public never sees that.

It's almost as if Dr. Dre and P Diddy run the entire hip hop game, which might sound silly but that's like saying Dr. Dre doesn't sign artists as tax write off's. So, if Dre gives the word and says you're out - well then, you're out and unless you know how to stay away from the majors and go independent with your business, you're fucked. Also, yes, it would be ideal to hire an ex-Dr. Dre protege but if Dre gave a bad word against you, it wouldn't happen. Also, Dr. Dre doesn't need one but he prefers one. Lol. I guess the co-producers help him develop his "new" sound every time.

this is on point in so many ways yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

GangstaBoogy

None of them, because Dr. Dre blackballed them.

Close Thread.

WHAT THE FUCK MAN!!!  THIS INTERVIEW IS BLOWING MY MIND!!!   Snoop speaking so candidly about all these albums and who did what!!!  

...Although it looks like he may of forgotten one album, Warren G.. Regulators, because their were 3 mega-hits on that album that were nearly as big as the Chronic and Doggystyle tracks, and that album sold like 4 million.

...Also, I don't remember any Snoop disses on Revenge Retaliation Get Back

I still remember that interview. Snoop shitted on his own homebodys big time and didn't see anything wrong with it. I don't see how Daz or Warren G could be cool with that nigga. Especially since he said there albums suck...Snoop is talkin shit about other people's albums! Oh shit.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WCoastTillIDie

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/snoopdogg06/part4/

This can explain a lot.  It's also a very good interview, though it's back in 06.  However, it's still relevant to this thread.  

WHAT THE FUCK MAN!!!  THIS INTERVIEW IS BLOWING MY MIND!!!   Snoop speaking so candidly about all these albums and who did what!!!  

...Although it looks like he may of forgotten one album, Warren G.. Regulators, because their were 3 mega-hits on that album that were nearly as big as the Chronic and Doggystyle tracks, and that album sold like 4 million.

...Also, I don't remember any Snoop disses on Revenge Retaliation Get Back

Agree about the RR&GB part, don't remember any disses about Snoop at all, and that interview is awesome.  It really made me respect Dre even more.  The rest of you should hear this interview, shows how big of an impact Dre had (bigger than you think.)

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

Agree about the RR&GB part, don't remember any disses about Snoop at all, and that interview is awesome.  It really made me respect Dre even more.  The rest of you should hear this interview, shows how big of an impact Dre had (bigger than you think.)

yeah , i´m not a huge daz fanatic but if i remember right the disses were on RAW. and wasn´t Snoop featured on that album ? ( yeah i know, daz probably took snoop & nate´s unreleased song O.G. and just added himself there)

shows how little Snoop cares about his "homies" if the man doesn´t listen to even listen to their albums. the guy is so full of himself he doesn´t realize how bad he´s sucked for the last decade or so . but i guess it come´s with the superstar status and you have to be a little cocky to be a rap star but he´s taking it too far