Author Topic: Dr. Dre VIBE interview (excerpts)  (Read 1148 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Dr. Dre VIBE interview (excerpts)
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2010, 12:00:53 PM »
Yall bamaz need a life 4real 4real.

Matty

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2010, 12:17:51 PM »
lil wayne has a verse on venus.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2010, 12:26:28 PM »

so basically he actually worked on detox, for at most, time combined, 5 months, in the last 10 years?
he's said before that he worked longer on Detox than The Chronic, so this is bullshit

this is verifiable, but couldn't you agree that Dre just don't seem to genuinely care or even give two shit's about DETOX?
I've gotten the impression that he actually prefers to just strictly produce for others, and at the very least stick to his own personal pet projects that he does at his home studio, and NOT have to deal w/ Aftermath or Interscope's time that's being payed for. it just seems that what-ever detox originally was to Dre just doesn't seem to be there anymore & now that there's such a market & demand for it he/Jimmy Iovine are forcing it out & NOW it as though Dre is doing it w/ the light of something that could possibly be 10x more epic then what-ever DETOX is, if it's even epic at all???... what are your thoughts on this Dre-Day?
well i think Dre regrets thinking out loud about Detox: the anticipation shocked him.

but i agree with you that Detox was never really a first priority for Dre.
and i think we would like a lot of the shelved instrumentals

that may be true, ppl havent actually thought what 'detox' means for dre.. and also that dre aint a machine (is he?) and he got his personal life too.. thats still not an excuse for delayin it so much