Author Topic: Pacquiao-Margarito most likely headed to Cowboys Stadium  (Read 319 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Pacquiao-Margarito most likely headed to Cowboys Stadium
« on: August 06, 2010, 03:19:18 PM »
According to my reliable inside sources inside Top Rank, the Manny Pacquiao- Antonio Margarito match-up for November 13 is likely going to happen at the New Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, site of Pacquiao's most recent fight against Joshua Clottey- that's of course unless Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz comes back with a multi-million dollar offer from Abu Dhabi that's too sweet to pass up for the sweet-toothed Bob Arum.

Having the fight at the Cowboys Stadium makes sense. The stadium is is definitely a modern day wonder and owner Jerry Jones definitely knows how to throw and host a party. Logistically it works as well thanks to the large Mexican population around the Texas area. If Pacquiao drew 50,000 fans by himself last March, having a popular and dangerous Mexican opponent like Margarito co-star with him will help eclipse the previous gate attendance significantly.

This match-up won't be a snoozer like Pacquiao-Clottey either. Margarito will come forward and try to trade punches with Pacquiao tit-for-tat. If this match-up was penciled after Margarito beat Cotto around the time Pacquiao was set to fight Oscar Dela Hoya, every single boxing fan would call this a ridiculous fight due to Margarito's size and height advantage. But after Margarito was caught with loaded gloves and got knocked-out by Shane Mosley and Pacquiao showed the world he could easily dispatch bigger guys like Miguel Cotto, Ricky Hatton and make Oscar Dela Hoya quit, all of a sudden Pacquiao is the favorite. Before Pacquiao fought Dela Hoya, Arum himself made a comment that he could not picture Pacquiao in a fight against the much bigger Margarito. Well, picture it now.

Source: Examiner.com

I didn't even know this match was announced.  I read if he wins he will have won titles in eight different weight classes, and will set a record..

Sigh...  Better get Manny/Floyd next summer....

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Pacquiao-Margarito most likely headed to Cowboys Stadium
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 03:29:44 PM »
Floyd will run, and try to make up some excuse to make it seem like its Manny's fault that a fight isnt happening again. Bet Floyd takes on a fight early 2011. And then says he still only wants to fight once a year...which rules out a Manny/Floyd fight for 2011 as well. Floyd knows people dont pay to see him fight...they pay to see him lose. So he isnt gonna wanna take on a fighter who might beat him. Cus the minute he loses, his PPV draw goes down the toilet.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

theremedy360

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 05:12:45 PM »
^ It's a shame that a guy as talented as Mayweather is such a bitch, I don't really know shit about boxing but i've always loved watching the guy fight

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 05:36:29 PM »
^ It's a shame that a guy as talented as Mayweather is such a bitch, I don't really know shit about boxing but i've always loved watching the guy fight

Me too. Ive always been a fan of him...in the ring. He's easily one of the most skilled boxers Ive ever watched. I just dont think he has the heart that the other greats have had. It is a shame too. Cus if he would have done more to make sure he was taking on all the other great fighters of his generation before they were washed up....he could have a loss on his record and would STILL be considered an all time great. Every great fighter has losses....because they took on everyone. Not just fights they knew they could win.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 06:37:39 PM »
Who is left for Mayweather to face?  Cotto or Williams? 

I believe the fight will happen, but I Want it to happen when they are both in their prime.  I don't like this eternal stand-off where at this rate they will probably end up fighting f when they are both on the decline and won't be a good fight anymore...

In this situation I think Pacman/Arum should have waited..  Scheduling another fight just takes 8+ months away now..  What if they they woulda come to an agreement if they had waited and tryed to talk it out for a month more?

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 07:48:02 PM »

I believe the fight will happen, but I Want it to happen when they are both in their prime.  I don't like this eternal stand-off where at this rate they will probably end up fighting f when they are both on the decline and won't be a good fight anymore...

In this situation I think Pacman/Arum should have waited..  Scheduling another fight just takes 8+ months away now..  What if they they woulda come to an agreement if they had waited and tryed to talk it out for a month more?

Waited for what tho? It isnt really a standoff. Pacquiao wanted to fight this year. Fighters only have so much life on them, and I think he wants to get this fight going while they are still in their prime...and while the fans arent COMPLETELY pissed. The two camps had been in talks for months and this last move by Mayweather, saying that they hadnt been talking at all, really makes him look bad...when it was found out that they actually WERE talking. The blame is on his shoulders. Floyd is hoping Manny somehow loses to Margarito. It will save his ass. But also cost him MILLIONS and a chance at clearing his name as a ducker.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »

Waited for what tho? It isnt really a standoff. Pacquiao wanted to fight this year. Fighters only have so much life on them, and I think he wants to get this fight going while they are still in their prime...and while the fans arent COMPLETELY pissed. The two camps had been in talks for months and this last move by Mayweather, saying that they hadnt been talking at all, really makes him look bad...when it was found out that they actually WERE talking. The blame is on his shoulders. Floyd is hoping Manny somehow loses to Margarito. It will save his ass. But also cost him MILLIONS and a chance at clearing his name as a ducker.

What do you think of Mayweather potentially hiring Don King as his promoter?  Instead of just having his 2 advisors do the neogotiating...

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »

What do you think of Mayweather potentially hiring Don King as his promoter?  Instead of just having his 2 advisors do the neogotiating...

Imagine the spectacle this would become with Don King and Bob Arum now going at it?! lol

The good thing with him hiring Don King would be.....at least shit would get DONE. Mayweathers "advisors" are just his little messengers. They have absolutely NO clout and will just do whatever he wants. Don King....for all his issues, KNOWS how to bring in the money and Im sure Floyd will respect that.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 08:22:12 PM »

Imagine the spectacle this would become with Don King and Bob Arum now going at it?! lol

The good thing with him hiring Don King would be.....at least shit would get DONE. Mayweathers "advisors" are just his little messengers. They have absolutely NO clout and will just do whatever he wants. Don King....for all his issues, KNOWS how to bring in the money and Im sure Floyd will respect that.

Yeah I feel King brings a bigger respect and reason that Mayweather and camp would listen to.  Plus I these 2 have some form of success negotiating with each other.  And you're right, it would just make the whole thing that much bigger..

I hope it happens.

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 08:26:49 PM »

Yeah I feel King brings a bigger respect and reason that Mayweather and camp would listen to.  Plus I these 2 have some form of success negotiating with each other.  And you're right, it would just make the whole thing that much bigger..

I hope it happens.

And I think it should be a Ladder Match ontop of it!! lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »
Who is left for Mayweather to face?  Cotto or Williams?  

I believe the fight will happen, but I Want it to happen when they are both in their prime.  I don't like this eternal stand-off where at this rate they will probably end up fighting f when they are both on the decline and won't be a good fight anymore...

In this situation I think Pacman/Arum should have waited..  Scheduling another fight just takes 8+ months away now..  What if they they woulda come to an agreement if they had waited and tryed to talk it out for a month more?

What do you think of Mayweather potentially hiring Don King as his promoter?  Instead of just having his 2 advisors do the neogotiating...

Yeah I feel King brings a bigger respect and reason that Mayweather and camp would listen to.  Plus I these 2 have some form of success negotiating with each other.  And you're right, it would just make the whole thing that much bigger..

I hope it happens.

And I think it should be a Ladder Match ontop of it!! lol

Lol! Pink slip on a pole match!  Whoever loses has to retire!  FOR GOOD.

theremedy360

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 10:24:49 AM »

Me too. Ive always been a fan of him...in the ring. He's easily one of the most skilled boxers Ive ever watched. I just dont think he has the heart that the other greats have had. It is a shame too. Cus if he would have done more to make sure he was taking on all the other great fighters of his generation before they were washed up....he could have a loss on his record and would STILL be considered an all time great. Every great fighter has losses....because they took on everyone. Not just fights they knew they could win.

Yeah, I'm sure if he had lost earlier in his career shit would be different, but the fact that he hasn't just inflates hie ego to a point where he can't even stand the idea of losing. What a waste of talent.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 02:08:49 AM »
^^^^^^^

So true.  One loss and we don't see all this posturing and shunning of fighters from him.

It's fun to know someone is undefeated and wonder if he'll ever lose, but it also make you wonder if he woulda lost once would he have started going hard at the toughest fighters out.....

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 10:40:17 AM »
^^^^^^^

So true.  One loss and we don't see all this posturing and shunning of fighters from him.

It's fun to know someone is undefeated and wonder if he'll ever lose, but it also make you wonder if he woulda lost once would he have started going hard at the toughest fighters out.....

Yup. Its like when Julio Caesar Chavez was like 80-0 lol. I was always tellin everybody....thats strait up bullshit lol. I think he was counting everytime he whooped his wifes ass as a Win on his record or something.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 11:04:44 PM »
^^^^^^^

Yup. Its like when Julio Caesar Chavez was like 80-0 lol. I was always tellin everybody....thats strait up bullshit lol. I think he was counting everytime he whooped his wifes ass as a Win on his record or something.

Yeah, Chavez's record of beaten opponents isn't too impressive, lol.