Author Topic: For those who care: Kanye west album pushed back to november  (Read 87 times)

Elano

For those who care: Kanye west album pushed back to november
« on: August 09, 2010, 03:48:15 AM »
Kanye West has announced on Ustream that his album will be pushed back, and hinted at a possible title for his upcoming album.

Kanye, who took to Ustream on a hotel balcony in Korea, announced that his new album's release date has been pushed back to “sometime in November.” This is about 2 months past its original September 14th release date, that was suppose to be party of G.O.O.D. Music Day.

The rapper also revealed the titles of two possible singles “Lost in the World” or “All of the Lights” that will follow “Power” adding that the next single will be released within the next month.

Kanye also hinted the title of the album in a recent interview with NY mag after the question was asked,
"And I understand you've heard that “Dark Twisted Fantasy” is the name of the album"

I would say not locked-in, and it would probably not get locked until closer to the time of the album release.

video: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8757510

Elano

Re: For those who care: Kanye west album pushed back to november
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 06:23:37 AM »
Live from Korea late this week, and with 20 minutes before boarding a plane, Kanye West hopped on UStream.com to speak directly to his fans. The G.O.O.D Music head touched on many issues, revealing his influences on his upcoming album, after taking a hiatus from interviews and traditional press.

Highlights and notables include:

His Influence: Rotating through the thousands of pictures that he has on his laptop, Kanye revealed how imagery and movies (Avatar, Children of Men, There Will be Blood) influence the production process in his artwork.

Following One Person on Twitter: "[I was] Feeling random, ya know. My moves are a little bit random sometimes. I’m not really that calculated.”

His Competition: “…I’m not really thinking about other rappers' albums. I’m trying to make my music compete with that [fashion designer Alexander] McQueen collection. I’m not saying that it does I’m just saying that is the goal….”

“When I think of competition it’s like I try to create against the past. I think about Michelangelo, Picasso, the pyramids. That’s the reason why I put 5,000 hours into a song like 'Power.'”

The "Power" Video: Kanye originally reached out to Marco Brambilla based on the civilization piece that he did for Standard Hotel in New York.

The Next Single : “We dropping the next single in the next twenty days. It’s between these two songs one is called 'Lost In The World' the other one is called 'All Of The Lights.'"