Author Topic: Carmelo Anthony could force trade to New York Knicks  (Read 994 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Carmelo Anthony could force trade to New York Knicks
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 11:18:01 PM »
I want to see angry Lakers fans in here. Bitching and complaining that he "scumbagged" the Nuggets.

This is a straight up LeBron James move; now start crying to me.
very true

but don't get rationalism out of most Laker fans

ala NIK, who can't even comment.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 11:23:35 PM »
I don't give a shit what people think about Kobe, I like him personally, but he ain't reppin my city so don't use that as an argument. My issue with LeBron wasn't him leaving, it's the fact that he demanded that lame ass 1 hour special and shat all over the city and team that made him. Like I said, I don't agree with what either did, but at least Melo is giving them a warning and giving them a chance to acquire some talent, unlike LeBron who left his team in the dark all off season only to leave.

Like I said, that's the only reason people act like it was so bad because he built it up so much. I never said he wasn't egotistical.

& also like I said, Melo is giving them a warning; but Denver can't get much from the Knicks, so Denver is still inevitably fucked.

& ALSO like I said, even if LeBron gave them "warning" (if that was even possible), they had no alternative; they'd be in the same situation. He couldn't be traded prior to last year because why could the Cavs trade him after a 60+ win season; he was their best chance of winning. People knew all of last season & the season before that, that he was either leaving or staying. Then even if he IMMIDIATLEY told them that he was leaving after they lost, the Cavs STILL couldn't do anything about it. They, like the Nuggets will soon be, were inevitably fucked.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 03:51:01 AM »
If a player like LeBron leaves a cursed sports city with a bad basketball team like the Cavs, they are fucked, there is nothing he can do about it. He played out his contract and left. Normal stuff in my opinion. I personally would have left after my rookie contract was up. Nothing wrong with it. The Cavs didn't make him, he made the Cavs.
Say about "The Decision" what you want, yes, it was a major attention whore move, but guess why he's the only player to do that? Because he's the only player who CAN do that.

As for Carmelo, I've heard that the Rockets and Nets are also in the bargain. Both clearly better teams than the Knicks.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 06:46:37 AM »
Yeah y would cp3 talk aloud like that if he aint thinkin of goin there? But hes still under contract right? But looks like they tryna get a eastcoast thing goin...lakers will take anyone cham b easy wit dat
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

theremedy360

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 02:59:23 PM »
I don't give a shit what people think about Kobe, I like him personally, but he ain't reppin my city so don't use that as an argument. My issue with LeBron wasn't him leaving, it's the fact that he demanded that lame ass 1 hour special and shat all over the city and team that made him. Like I said, I don't agree with what either did, but at least Melo is giving them a warning and giving them a chance to acquire some talent, unlike LeBron who left his team in the dark all off season only to leave.

Like I said, that's the only reason people act like it was so bad because he built it up so much. I never said he wasn't egotistical.

& also like I said, Melo is giving them a warning; but Denver can't get much from the Knicks, so Denver is still inevitably fucked.

& ALSO like I said, even if LeBron gave them "warning" (if that was even possible), they had no alternative; they'd be in the same situation. He couldn't be traded prior to last year because why could the Cavs trade him after a 60+ win season; he was their best chance of winning. People knew all of last season & the season before that, that he was either leaving or staying. Then even if he IMMIDIATLEY told them that he was leaving after they lost, the Cavs STILL couldn't do anything about it. They, like the Nuggets will soon be, were inevitably fucked.

Ken Griffey Jr was Seattle's biggest superstar and essentially saved the Mariners from going the same route as the Sonics, but when he wanted to be traded (last season in his contract before free agency) he straight up told the front office that he wanted out. As much as that pissed me off as a Mariners fan, in retrospect, I'm glad he told the team that, cause we made the playoffs the next two years with Mike Cameron playing all star ball and other players we got in the trade contributing. I know that we're talking different sports but I'm only making the point that if a player wants out, then you trade him and get what you can. Even  if the trade isn't great, it's a hell of a lot better than thinking a guy is gonna resign only to have him leave the team, especially in an egotistical way like LeBron did.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 03:19:13 PM »

Ken Griffey Jr was Seattle's biggest superstar and essentially saved the Mariners from going the same route as the Sonics, but when he wanted to be traded (last season in his contract before free agency) he straight up told the front office that he wanted out. As much as that pissed me off as a Mariners fan, in retrospect, I'm glad he told the team that, cause we made the playoffs the next two years with Mike Cameron playing all star ball and other players we got in the trade contributing. I know that we're talking different sports but I'm only making the point that if a player wants out, then you trade him and get what you can. Even  if the trade isn't great, it's a hell of a lot better than thinking a guy is gonna resign only to have him leave the team, especially in an egotistical way like LeBron did.

I guess, but there is no way LeBron was getting traded. The Cavs went into the season with expectations to win the Finals; even if it was up in the air about LeBron's future, they knew if they won the Finals he was going to likely stay. They were stuck between a rock & a hard place with the only option of winning the Finals to insure that he would come back.

All I'm saying is Free Agency happens every season in every sport & people come & go & nobody ever cares. It's "damn, great move by...'insert team here'". LeBron goes through Free Agency & it's like he did the unthinkable. Take away the hour special & it's your typical offseason pickup, just greater talent.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 03:41:46 PM »
if melo leaves to nyc lakers got teh west on lock, and i see clippers or grizzlies makin the playoffs

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 03:43:34 PM »
i doubt this is going to happen, y  leave the nuggets, they have a solid team.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 04:26:59 PM »
if melo leaves to nyc lakers got teh west on lock, and i see clippers or grizzlies makin the playoffs

as long as the refs still make calls LA is fine until they face Miami
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 05:51:34 PM »

For real, right? Melo & the Nuggets are zero threat to you guys.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 07:50:35 PM »

actually... we got the refs against the Heat too... I mean Stern's wet dream is Kobe equaling MJ's record and then going for one more against LeBron and the Heat. Dude, Stern has had the refs set this up the whole time. I mean, why else you think LeBron tanked. Look for the Heat to not even make the finals this year, and the west to just get weaker for a 5th consecutive NBA Finals in 2012. Yeah buddy, Stern knows what's up.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 08:04:32 PM »
Heat didnt jus drop that much money 4 nuthin
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010, 06:45:46 PM »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 02:44:31 AM »

actually... we got the refs against the Heat too... I mean Stern's wet dream is Kobe equaling MJ's record and then going for one more against LeBron and the Heat. Dude, Stern has had the refs set this up the whole time. I mean, why else you think LeBron tanked. Look for the Heat to not even make the finals this year, and the west to just get weaker for a 5th consecutive NBA Finals in 2012. Yeah buddy, Stern knows what's up.

LMAO