Author Topic: Too Short and Dr. Dre  (Read 1572 times)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Re: Too Short and Dr. Dre
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 10:26:53 PM »
now that I remember, Too $hort was on Scarface' "Game Over" with Dre and Cube and that was produced by Dre

he didnt even rap he talked at the beginning

love33

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 02:49:55 PM »
the lyric is "THEY CAME TO DRANK, THEY DONT NEED ID".

LMAO @ 2 pages of arguing over a false lyric.

Don't think so homie, listen closely.  He clearly says "with" not "to."  But on the real, someone gotta ask Short.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/blow-the-whistle-lyrics-too-short.html

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 03:23:46 PM »
Too Short also gave Dr. Dre a shoutout on his "Blow The Whistle" cut.

no he didn't

"Do you really wanna be like me? / Spit game like Snoop and T.I.P / Pretty girls in the V.I.P. / They came with Dre, they don't need I.D./ Blow the Whistle"

Obviously you aren't from the bay. He was giving Mac Dre a shoutout, and this was right around the time his songs were getting hella love. Lyrics to Get Stupid: "S-T-U-P-I-D, when we go to the club we don't need ID"

No chance.  This track came out in 2006, Mac Dre passed away in 2004.  Why would he mention a person who's passed away bringing girls into the V.I.P.??? lol...Around the time when he dropped the Blow The Whistle album I remember him saying in an interview he would like to work with Dr. Dre -- he was giving Dr. Dre a shoutout saying the girls are with Dr. Dre and they don't need I.D.  He also just worked with Snoop on that album with "keep boncin" and "life of the party" and he did "hotel" with t.i.  He obviously was giving Dr. Dre love when he mentioned his name with Snoop and T.I.

trying to tell me he was mentioning a producer from LA he has had virtually no contact with who probably hasn't stepped foot in a club since 2000? LMAO, ridiculous.

A producer from L.A. who just happens to be Dr. Dre.  he mentions T.I. from Atlanta, and Snoop's from L.A. (Long Beach) so why not mention Dr. Dre? He did an interview with MTV at the time and said he would really like to work with Dr. Dre.  He had just recorded with Snoop and T.I. so he mentions him.  People mention and give them props all the time in music. "[Dr Dre] probably hasn't stepped into a club since 2000" but yet Mac Dre is dead how would he step into the club? I think Dubcnnn should just ask Too Short when they interview him next time cause he's the only one who knows the answer to this question but mentioning Snoop and Dre together in the same verse goes hand in hand and also he worked with the other artists in the verse at the time. 

dude its obviously Mac Dre. For the third time, HE USES THE SAME LYRICS AS A POPULAR MAC DRE SONG TO PAY HOMAGE TO HIM. The intelligent thing to do would be to say "thank you rapsodie for blessing me with your knowledge." Shit is obvious to anyone who lives in the bay.

GfUnKLBC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We hold it down, from da turf to da pen.
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2010, 03:25:54 PM »
what about Dr Dre and E-40? that would be bigger and NEEDS to happen one day.
Now you don't see what I see
6 keys for a hundred g's
I take a look in the mirror
see myself livin the dream
takin over things, runnin million dolla schemes

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2010, 03:27:03 PM »
the lyric is "THEY CAME TO DRANK, THEY DONT NEED ID".

LMAO @ 2 pages of arguing over a false lyric.

No its not

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2010, 04:03:27 PM »
Damn rapsodie..lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Salazar

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2010, 07:31:12 PM »
Dr Dre needs to call up too short, get stoneyd together. I wonder why he hasen't made a song together? Short doesn't need dre,his songs/albums , beats are good nuff. he is probably busy with his family anyways

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2010, 11:26:30 AM »
Damn rapsodie..lol

lol, I've had this argument before. Its always been fairly obvious to me and not sure why some people don't get it.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2010, 02:48:24 PM »
The girls came with fuckin' Mac Dre.  Gosh.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2010, 03:20:16 PM »
Lol^ hey could b la dre but most think its bay dre
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Salazar

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2010, 10:22:04 PM »
hey wrickard the only thing untouchable is ur big nose

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2010, 02:22:55 PM »
Lol^ hey could b la dre but most think its bay dre

He uses the same lyrics as a Mac Dre song. End of story.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2010, 06:42:59 PM »
Thats y i always assumed it was mac dre
Cube