Author Topic: Buddy Ryan responds to tony dungy's criticism of Rex Ryan  (Read 93 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Buddy Ryan responds to tony dungy's criticism of Rex Ryan
« on: August 18, 2010, 10:42:07 PM »
Rex Ryan Dad To Tony Dungy: Pipe Down, Buddy
Posted by Brooks on Aug. 17, 2010, 3:04pm

Longtime NFL coach Buddy Ryan was quizzed today on Philadelphia radio about criticism Tony Dungy leveled at Ryan’s son Rex about the Jets Coach’s penchant for f-bombs on HBO’s Hard Knocks.

(Surprising tho, no calls for Dungy to get off Buddy’s lawn)

While needling Rex Ryan about his obscenity-laced presentation during the HBO program yesterday, Dungy also suggested that NFL CommissionerRoger Goodell tell the Jets coach to tone down the expletives during the show.

Here’s the transcript of Buddy Ryan’s comments today about Dungy on Vai Sikahema and John Gonzalez‘ show on 97.5 The Fanatic in Philly:

John Gonzalez: “Tony Dungy said that he wouldn’t hire someone who curses as much as your son, Rex, and had said that he hopes that CommissionerRoger Goodell will step in”

Buddy Ryan: “I don’t think he had applied for a job with what’s his name either” (seems to be Buddy stating that Rex never applied for a job with Tony Dungy)

John Gonzalez: “Tony Dungy had said that he hopes Commissioner Goodell will step in and say something. Do you think that”

Buddy Ryan: “Well it’s none of Dungy’s business”

John Gonzalez: “So you don’t think the Commissioner has any place to step in and tell Rex how to run his team then?”

Buddy Ryan: “Commissioner can do anything he wants to and I think he’ll take appropriate action. I think it’s being blown way out of perspective”

During his comments about Rex Ryan on the Dan Patrick Show yesterday, Dungy also dragged Buddy into the conversation: “His dad was the same way and coached the same way.”

I never in my life thought I’d ever fully agree with Buddy Ryan on an issue of personal conduct - especially as it pertains to Dungy - but from his surprisingly diplomatic radio reax, I can’t dispute anything he said.

And the more I hear from NFL observers, the more it appears Dungy is in the minority in his call for Goodell to step in and demand that Ryan change his daily approach for the HBO cameras.

hahaha damn never thought i'd say Dungy was dead wrong on something before but Buddy makes some valid points
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Buddy Ryan responds to tony dungy's criticism of Rex Ryan
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 11:26:04 PM »
This is a ridiculously bitch move by Tony Dungy; go fucking take a hike.

I watched "Hard Knocks" today & I don't even know if Rex said "fuck" once.

I love how Tony Dungy plays it off like Rex is the only coach in the NFL that doesn't curse.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 03:32:20 PM »
tony dungy may pray to em but he ain't god, man rex is great, got love for dungy but ain't got to listen to everything he says yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 07:38:54 PM »
If I was Rex....I would cuss twice as much on the show now lol. For no reason either. Just in regular conversation.

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"