Author Topic: Lupe Fiasco - "Go To Sleep"  (Read 543 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: Lupe Fiasco - "Go To Sleep"
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 04:36:12 PM »
Oh yeah and about the books:

What does that have to do with it?  I could read more books than anyone in the world, and I'ma still wanna listen to something intelligent/aware/educational more than 50 percent of the time I'm listening to music.  That is an irrelevant point.

No one said Hip-Hop should be your only source of education....

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 07:09:34 PM »
You seriously want a top 5 list?

I hate top 5 lists because there's several categories one can rank them by.  Instead I'll give you a list of MCs who get the most spins,

Nas
Reks
50 Cent
Joe Budden
Jay-Z
Common
Black Milk
J Dilla
Immortal Technique
Elzhi
Bishop Lamont
Stat Quo
Bobby Creekwater
Lloyd Banks
Lupe Fiasco

Yes, I spin quite a bit of Lupe Fiasco but I don't like his new shit.  I think his new material is wack.  I don't like the artistic direction he's taking and I don't care if he's spitting intellectually.  If I think it's wack, it's wack.  Personally he hasn't topped several tracks off Food and Liquor.  And, I don't think Lupe is as intellectual as his fans make him out to be.  My point still stands if you're turning to hip-hop to acquire intelligence you're in the wrong place.  I mainly listen to music to feel good (party, drink) ; to escape (background noise so I can zone out); or to find the energy of motivation (stepping up my hustle, working out, etc).   I do think you're making a mistake if you turn to hip-hop to acquire intelligence.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Sparegeez

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 11:22:39 PM »
Lupe Fiasco has grown up into a fiasco..haha.. get it.. fuck u

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 11:27:18 AM »
You seriously want a top 5 list?

I hate top 5 lists because there's several categories one can rank them by.  Instead I'll give you a list of MCs who get the most spins,

Nas
Reks
50 Cent
Joe Budden
Jay-Z
Common
Black Milk
J Dilla
Immortal Technique
Elzhi
Bishop Lamont
Stat Quo
Bobby Creekwater
Lloyd Banks
Lupe Fiasco

Yes, I spin quite a bit of Lupe Fiasco but I don't like his new shit.  I think his new material is wack.  I don't like the artistic direction he's taking and I don't care if he's spitting intellectually.  If I think it's wack, it's wack.  Personally he hasn't topped several tracks off Food and Liquor.  And, I don't think Lupe is as intellectual as his fans make him out to be.  My point still stands if you're turning to hip-hop to acquire intelligence you're in the wrong place.  I mainly listen to music to feel good (party, drink) ; to escape (background noise so I can zone out); or to find the energy of motivation (stepping up my hustle, working out, etc).   I do think you're making a mistake if you turn to hip-hop to acquire intelligence.

So you ain't never listen to an artist and be like "YO this dude is onto some shit, he right" after spitting some enlightening lines on w/e subject?  And because of that you listened to him more cuz u wanna know what else he has to say?  That's what I mean.  Not literally "I'm not gonna goto school I'ma just listen to Lupe songs".

Respectable list btw.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 10:17:06 PM »
Yeah, only with Immortal Technique even though I don't agree with him I actually think he's intelligent.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks