Author Topic: Nas confirms Lost Tapes Vol. 2 is "Coming Soon"  (Read 625 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: Nas confirms Lost Tapes Vol. 2 is "Coming Soon"
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »
Dope. Maybe he'll release some good songs from the Street Disciple album, cuz Lord knows there weren't any on the final product.

Streets is my favorite double album in hip-hop
I'd put Pac, Biggies and Krayzie Bone's double albums above Street's Disciple IMO. SD definitely shoulda been a single album.

Yeah, most people do.  They also add Wu's double album.  I don't like any of those you listed except for Biggie's.  Pac is dope but I can only vibe to a handful of his material.  I definitely respect him though.  I didn't grow up with him like some of y'all did.  I grew up with Nas & Jay. 

Nas really fleshed out his content on that double album while paying homage to a style of hip-hop he grew up with.  It's not an album I can put on every day but it's one I always come back to after a couple months. 
No doubt. It a good album, I'm not tryin to say it was bad. You can't ignore how good tracks like Just A Moment, Message To The Feds and Live Now are among others. To be fair, I'm long overdue on giving it another spin myself.

Yeah, I think I'm about to load up the iPod and go on a Nas binge.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 10:41:39 PM »
Good deal, been waiting on this for a minute.

And yeah, SD is dope...some really dope joints on there.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 12:44:44 PM »
Great news, never got into SD.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson