Author Topic: NY Jets in hot water over harassing sexy Mexican reporter  (Read 150 times)

Elano

NY Jets in hot water over harassing sexy Mexican reporter
« on: September 17, 2010, 08:14:08 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yV4ewagkd90" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yV4ewagkd90</a>

Rex Ryan has become a cult hero to Jets fans with his oversized personality, his trash-talking and Super Bowl guarantees.

He would reach near-legendary status in New York sports if he were able to deliver on his championship promise. But, as the Jets get ready to open the season Monday night at home against the Ravens, he also must worry about how quickly it can all fall apart.

The frat-house atmosphere, the boys-will-be-boys approach, veterans tying up a big-mouth rookie to the goalpost in training camp and squirting Gatorade on him - all basically harmless. But just as quickly as Ryan has gone up, he can come crashing right down if he doesn't keep his team under control.

This isn't about 4 a.m. phone calls from the police about one of his guys getting arrested, the call all coaches fear. It's about respect. It's about his players and coaches not crossing the line from harmless fun to cruel teasing.

The reports that came out Sunday, which Roger Goodell and the Jets are now investigating, involve Ines Sainz, a former Miss Spain who is a reporter for TV Azteca in Mexico. She was at the Jets' facility in Florham Park on Saturday to interview Mark Sanchez and reportedly was being harassed by catcalls, whistling and extended stares by the players. The Association of Women In Sports Media has asked the NFL to investigate.

Ryan runs a loose camp and he's proud of it. All you had to do was watch five minutes of "Hard Knocks" this summer and you can see why the Jets will never have a problem recruiting free agents. But if this investigation reveals that Sainz was subjected to harassment, then Ryan must be held accountable as well as any of his players who may have treated her poorly.

There is no reason for women who elect to work in the sports media business to be subjected to unfair treatment. The days of women being intimidated covering sports are long gone. They deserve to be treated with respect and given the same access and courtesy.

Defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman reportedly was intentionally overthrowing his players in an interception drill so the ball would land at Sainz's feet.

Woody Johnson spoke to Sainz Sunday. "He stressed to Ines that he expects all members of the Jets organization to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times," the team announced in a prepared statement. "We will continue to work with the league to gather the facts and take appropriate steps necessary to maintain a respectful environment for the media."

Johnson owns the team. Ryan runs the team. He should be next on the phone. At the Jets' team meeting Sunday night, a member of the Jets' PR staff addressed the players about the incident.

------------------------------------------------------

NFL boss Roger Goodell was demanding answers Sunday night from Jets’ players and coaches accused of subjecting a female sports reporter to sexist locker room conduct. ang Green is dealing with a burgeoning scandal over the treatment of Ines Sainz, a sports reporter for TV Azteca of Mexico, during a weekend practice. Sainz, 32, a former Miss Universe contestant, complained she was bombarded with catcalls and boorish antics at the Jets’ New Jersey training facility to the extent she wanted to “cover my ears.”

“I’m dying of embarrassment!” Sainz tweeted in Spanish. Goodell immediately ordered an investigation into the “troubling” allegations, which were addressed in a team meeting Sunday night. Sainz went to the Jets’ Florham Park practice field Saturday to interview quarterback Mark Sanchez. But while waiting for Sanchez, she was blitzed with reprehensible behavior.

Players and coaches seemed to intentionally overthrow passes in her direction, whistled at her, openly ogled her and blocked her path as she attempted to walk away. Linebacker Jason Taylor reportedly volunteered for the passing drill in hopes of getting near Sainz. Defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman fueled the antics, tossing pigskins in Sainz’s direction. Nose tackle Kris Jenkins shouted: “Don’t let her act like she doesn’t know English. She speaks English.”

As the harassment went on, Sainz avoided eye contact with players, tweeting, “I am in the locker room of the Jets waiting for Mark Sanchez while trying not to look anywhere!” Sainz defended her appearance at the practice session, insisting she dressed modestly. “Jeans and a white button-up blouse [are] in no way inappropriate,” she tweeted, while posting a photo of her attire. The incident sparked a complaint to the NFL from the Association for Women in Sports Media, saying, “Women in sports media [should be] treated respectfully, equally and professionally while working in the locker room.”

Fraxxx

Re: NY Jets in hot water over harassing sexy Mexican reporter
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 08:46:24 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yV4ewagkd90" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yV4ewagkd90</a>

That's simply the WRONG outfit to rock around a bunch of roided-up gorillas.

Hell, that's even the wrong outfit to rock around me. :D
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 09:04:21 AM »
LOL

Funny thing about this is, the NFL sent out a memo to all of their teams reminding them that the female reporters are professionals and should be treated in a professional manner.

Is dressing like that part of a female reporter's professional code? LOL

I'm not complaining at all believe me (I'd fuck the shit outta her in raw sewage if I had the chance), but when you present yourself a certain way, you get treated a certain way. Like Fraxxx said, wrong outfit for that testosterone-filled environment.

EDIT: and another thing.....they let this broad into a MEN'S locker room to give interviews all the time? If it was the other way around, it would be wrong and automatic sexual harassment if a male interviewer were in a female locker room. Bloody bullocks, I say.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:08:41 AM by S.I.K. »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 09:09:24 AM »
She has been covering the Mexican Soccer League for a while, and nothing was ever said.  And she would wear a lot more revealing outfits too.  She doesn't care, but as soon as the attention started coming in she has taken advantage of it. 

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 09:19:34 AM »
She has been covering the Mexican Soccer League for a while, and nothing was ever said.  And she would wear a lot more revealing outfits too.  She doesn't care, but as soon as the attention started coming in she has taken advantage of it. 

didn't she follow around KOBE in a wedding dress asking him to make her?

or was that NIK? i forget :D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens