Author Topic: Is it true that Bishop Lamont used to be a phone-receptionist at DPG Recordz?  (Read 979 times)

Blasphemy

Re: Is it true that Bishop Lamont used to be a phone-receptionist at DPG Recordz?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 06:28:09 PM »
idk why some people are bagging on Bishop, chances are there favorite rapper was doing some sort of normal Job. Rarely is any of these rappers out there on the street. Some of the biggest names did something you'd never expect based off there subject matter and "Public" persona.

Ice Cube - Went to Collage, and went to a School in the white rich side of town (he still LIVED in Compton but he was bussed there, and he wasn't any G, look at his photos ffs, he was a boy of that time and era).

Dr. Dre & Yella - World Class Wreckin Kru, they want from talking about loving women, to Murdering, Raping, and drive bying on anyone.

Tupac - Considered 1 of Realest in the game (Because he was open about his past), who was a failed Drug Dealer, Ballerina in high-school.

Game - Nigga was on Change of Heart, LOST, only became a blood via Phase, and rumored to be a Stripper.

I could go on.

I mean seriously lol ur gonna Knock Bishop for being a Receptionist. We got a nigga in the game who was a FUCKING SECURITY GUARD talking about being a Big Time Drug Kingpin.

Face it, the Rap game is nothing but Fakes with a few real. Helll Westcoast rap is nothing more then biting the style of the REAL gangsters on these streets.

This aint hating nor is it dick riding 4 bishop, It's just a realistic perspective on the situation. Every rapper wasn't automatically born into a career.

im having a hard time believing that there was even office space used for 'DPG records', let alone a receptionist.
hahahahahaha

lol

GangstaBoogy

Re: Is it true that Bishop Lamont used to be a phone-receptionist at DPG Recordz?
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 08:27:02 PM »
Do any of you really believe DPG Records ever had a real office or a receptionist in the first place?

idk why some people are bagging on Bishop, chances are there favorite rapper was doing some sort of normal Job. Rarely is any of these rappers out there on the street. Some of the biggest names did something you'd never expect based off there subject matter and "Public" persona.

Ice Cube - Went to Collage, and went to a School in the white rich side of town (he still LIVED in Compton but he was bussed there, and he wasn't any G, look at his photos ffs, he was a boy of that time and era).

Yeah you can't be a gangsta with an education  ::)

Tupac - Considered 1 of Realest in the game (Because he was open about his past), who was a failed Drug Dealer, Ballerina in high-school.

Yes he failed at selling a controlled substance to single mothers and kids - that ain't real. Plus he had the nerve to grow up around real Black Panthers, shot a police officer in the ass, got shot, survived, and became a living nightmare to all of his enemies. Not gangsta at all.

You muthafuckas have no clue what you're talking about.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 09:38:24 PM »
+1 to GB
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

darqawa

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 08:03:25 AM »

CUBE was not from Compton.  He was bussed to a high school in the burbs as was many kids at the time.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 09:19:39 AM »
lol, got ur feelings hurt, BishopLamont-fanboy?  face it. ur rolemodel, answered phonecalls at a recrdlabel befre... ooohh, contrversy - controversy.... hahah, loser..

get the fuck outta here, before i mindrape u - like i did in all those other threads...
it's hard to argue wit incomptent crackheads, that confuses "music" with "lyrics"...

I'm a fanboy of no one...

aren't you the guy trying to say Snoop has had the most successful career but keep changing the meaning of "successful". LMAO. You got ethered in your own thread by everyone else.

you're seeking attention now again, huh?
Ok, i will give u a few words..
you're the ultimate fanboy. I remember the thread where u started cryin maniacally, cus someone said that Joe Budden is a better lyricist than comedy-rapper Methd Man. You're the confused and desilusioned bully-victim of dubcc– and im moppin the floor wit your peanut-brain in every single thread. Desilusioned, confused and very, very, very uneducated ... what was that again? Lyrics? Oh no – that's music. Im sorry, what? Music is lyrics? You mean the same thing? Lmao
what was that? LL Cool J is more popular than Snoop? Oh really? lmao

Now go to your room, and listen to your precious BishopLamont-songs – before i tell ya momma on you..

The funny thing is you assume that I'm a fanboy like you just cause I'm able to carry an actual discussion about rappers without getting all mad. That was the first time I've even mentioned Meth or LL in a thread. Lol, try again.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 09:31:34 AM »
Considered 1 of Realest in the game (Because he was open about his past)

This is how I feel about Too $hort.  Todd Shaw has always admitted Too $hort is an exaggeration, and he only does it because his fans want to hear him talk that way about women.  It's just a stage persona -- he admits it unlike a lot of rappers.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Blasphemy

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 06:04:58 PM »
Do any of you really believe DPG Records ever had a real office or a receptionist in the first place?

Yeah you can't be a gangsta with an education  ::)

Yes he failed at selling a controlled substance to single mothers and kids - that ain't real. Plus he had the nerve to grow up around real Black Panthers, shot a police officer in the ass, got shot, survived, and became a living nightmare to all of his enemies. Not gangsta at all.

You muthafuckas have no clue what you're talking about.

I never said Gs can't be Educated, I just said Ice Cube's gangsta persona is a fake. I mean yeah, talking like a G what got him 2 stardom, but inbetween N.W.A and Lethal Injection, is when he was at his realest. After The Predator it was essentially just nothing more then a Gangsta persona. Much as I love the WSC albums and the way they portrayed the Gang Mentality. It's essentially not real, aint no one spraying WSC on the wall in any hood.  Ice Cube stated himself in early N.W.A Interviews they were talking about shit they've seen, and what other people did.

Also on 2pac again his earlier material was when he was at his realest state. The fact he tried to deal drugs in the first place nullifies ur mother and kids comment. U had no idea who he tried slanging to. lol I never dissed him on the panthers shit either. The only part of his Persona that actually was a persona was the Gangsta stuff. 2pac with the Panther is a Activist, him getting shot and surviving wasn't G in any way. Saying u get shot at makes u a G is straight up retarded logic. anyone can get shot at. Like I said 2pac was the realest in the game, but even he's fake in parts.

All I'm saying in the end these guys personas are not real. There music still good, but they themselves are not real.