Author Topic: The Social Network.  (Read 575 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
The Social Network.
« on: October 02, 2010, 09:01:10 PM »
Just saw this tonight. This movie is amazing. Really captures the generation and the world we live in; loved it.

Personally, I thought the ending was a little weak; but that's just me.

Inception and Shutter Island are still my one-two punches for this year, but this is right up there; must see.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Social Network.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 02:43:10 AM »
It's my favorite of the year, so far. 

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 12:55:12 PM »
its so hard for me to give up $15 or so for movies these days, would u say its really worth ur 15 or save the money and catch the movie later in dvd or tv?  

only movies i'd see in theatres now are stuff like avatar and inception

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 07:09:47 PM »
Yeah, it's way better than Avatar by a lot.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 12:04:35 AM »
This looks awesome. Definitely need to see it
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 11:40:30 AM »
I thought this looked pretty rubbish but then again i do hate facebook so that may be partly why !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 05:50:17 PM »
I thought this looked pretty rubbish but then again i do hate facebook so that may be partly why !

You'll be missing out then. 

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 10:28:46 AM »
yeah this look alrite.. but is this meant to be a true to life account of how things happened or a more loosely dramatised story of it all?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 11:42:29 AM »
yeah this look alrite.. but is this meant to be a true to life account of how things happened or a more loosely dramatised story of it all?

The book that the movie is based on was from interviews with people that were involved from the start.  Mark Zuckerberg didn't allow to be interviewed though, so while watching the movie take that into consideration.  And there were certain aspects of his life that was made up.

Blasphemy

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 04:46:04 PM »

Dramatized 2 the fucking max, lol. The book it was based on was Dramatized, and they took the book and Dramatized it even more. Doesn't make it a bad film, I mean if I wanted to watch a all fact based on his Life I'd just watch a motherfucking Documentary.

I mean in Movies Artistic license is good to keep it interesting, but 2 out right fuck it up lol that's when It goes 2 far. But considering the subject matter on this isn't something important or big, I'd say just enjoy it.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 02:56:35 PM »
i agree with homie, i aint spending like 15$ to go to movies for a movie thats not really enhanced by movie theater, feel me, as much as i was like eh about avatar, it was worth checking in movies, and i really wanted to see inception in the movies, this, i can dl in a couple weeks, ive heard great things, i dont really like that jewish michael cera that much though

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 12:01:18 AM »
i agree with homie, i aint spending like 15$ to go to movies for a movie thats not really enhanced by movie theater, feel me, as much as i was like eh about avatar, it was worth checking in movies, and i really wanted to see inception in the movies, this, i can dl in a couple weeks, ive heard great things, i dont really like that jewish michael cera that much though

Squid and the Whale and The Social Network has easily establish Jesse Eisenberg as a serious actor and somebody that stands on his own already.  Michael Cera is still suck doing the same role, while Jesse will be getting Oscar nominations for years to come. 

Elkoizm

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 06:47:32 PM »
I was really hoping this to be a documentary when I heard about it. I'll stick check it out.
What about Catfish? Anyone seen that or have any info on it?