Author Topic: Ice Cube Breaks Down His Entire Catalogue [interesting read]  (Read 1615 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ice Cube Breaks Down His Entire Catalogue [interesting read]
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 09:59:14 PM »
I read it on the site last night (or yesterday, can't remember) and the only thing I was wondering is why WSC second album "Terrorist Threats" wasn't talked about?
I was about to say, it seems they forgot an album LOL

i think its a good thing they f orgot that one...

Yeha the shit with Eazy i think he ment a NWA reunion because i remember them talking about that back then and also a song with Guns n Roses.

The eminem shit is realy weird because Eminem droped his album in early 1999 and hes talking about 1994.
You would think Dr discovered him in maybe 97 then the album drop 2 years later...

awol22222

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 10:03:10 PM »
I read it on the site last night (or yesterday, can't remember) and the only thing I was wondering is why WSC second album "Terrorist Threats" wasn't talked about?

Yeha the shit with Eazy i think he ment a NWA reunion because i remember them talking about that back then and also a song with Guns n Roses.

The eminem shit is realy weird because Eminem droped his album in early 1999 and hes talking about 1994.
You would think Dr discovered him in maybe 97 then the album drop 2 years later...
That song with Guns N Roses is unreleased  :'(

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 10:14:22 PM »

That song with Guns N Roses is unreleased  :'(

I know would of been great

The worlds most dangerous group vs the worlds most dangerous group!!!!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 10:21:33 PM »
Interesting read...like others, I agree that Lethal Injection was really not that bad of an album. It was very good, if not classic. I'm puzzled as to why he didn't say more about the War and Peace albums. They both got mixed reviews when they came out (VIBE absolutely hated War, as I recall), but they both have songs that I love--I still think War may be his most underrated solo CD ever. I still wonder if maybe the released products of those albums weren't the original plan that Cube had for them. Back in '97/'98, I remember Cube saying in interviews that War was going be a gangsta-ish type record, and the impression he gave was that Peace was going to be more, as he said, "showing how it should be," (i.e. political-type stuff). But when they came out, War was basically a semi-concept album told from the point of view of a gang boss (as opposed to the gang members) with a tiny bit of politics at the end, and Peace was a mixture of straight gangsta/boasting stuff and party records. I wonder if War and Peace (and Terrorist Threats, too) are sore points with Cube? Good read either way.

Yeah conceptually Peace was a train wreck for Cube compared to what he originally said the album was going to be. That had the potential to be a classic. War I agree that is not his best album but I still play that album heavily. Personal classic for me.

Personal classic for me too love those 2 records.
Lethal injection is a classic for me too as i was playing it heavy when it came out andfor the next 2-3 years after.
Bow down favorite record for sure.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 02:09:32 AM »
Great read.

Death Certificate is my favourite out of the lot. Still remember dubbing my mates tape as soon as I got home from school, with the volume down so my folks wouldn't hear, lol.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 02:14:04 AM »

cube is probably confusing helter skelter with the nwa reunion album, like someone else already said