Author Topic: Some west coast news  (Read 148 times)

antt213

• 'G'
Some west coast news
« on: December 21, 2002, 06:51:04 PM »
:: Battlecat Reignites Left Coast Sound //
West Coast super-producer Battlecat, known for his G-funk production with Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, Kurupt and Xzibit is helping to revive the West Coast’s late ‘90s golden-era by lending his expertise to upcoming projects from veteran MCs Boo Yaa TRIBE and Ice Cube. Battlecat told The Source.com about his plan to reestablish West Coast credibility. “I think you’re gonna see something real creative and new …we’ve been absorbing the game and really listening to how everyone else is coming…it’s been a lot of capitalism going on from different regions…I appreciate
it but we really want to branch out and bring something healthy to the table this time around…’’

Regarding Ice Cube’s Aftermath debut, Battlecat divulged, “I think Cube is going to do something fantastic this time around...we’re developing his new sound and his new expression....”

Boo Yaa TRIBE’s 6th album will be released on Sarinjay Records in March 2003.

:: Producer Rick Rock Inks Label Deal With Virgin //
Virgin Records has signed emerging hip-hop producer Rick Rock’s label Southwest Federation Inc., to a 5-album deal for $5.5 million and will release their first act, The Federation, in May. Rock, who has produced platinum tracks for Jay-Z, E-40 and Fabolous, said, “It’s the beginning of something new and a chance for us to be in the history books of hip-hop… …it’s gonna show that I can carry a whole album from front to back and do the whole thing…”

Scott Gordon, Rick’s business partner added, “We didn’t go after the big budget. We want Virgin to understand that we want to build a relationship. It’s time that we build Virgin back to where it needs to be…where DJ’s immediately open the packages cause they know it’s hot…”

The Federation’s first single “Caught You Looking” will drop in January 2003. Rick also has production on forthcoming projects from Jay-Z, KRS-1, and Mystikal.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2002, 06:51:54 PM by antt213 »
all hail the underground how that sound-xzibit

E-Style

• Lil Geezy
  • Compton's Finest aka Dj Quik!
Re:Some west coast news
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2002, 07:33:13 PM »
Rick Rock is wack!...His beats all sound the same.