Author Topic: Mc Hammer aka King Hammer - Better Run Run (Jay-Z Diss)  (Read 1655 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Mc Hammer aka King Hammer - Better Run Run (Jay-Z Diss)
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 06:28:34 PM »
I understand what you mean but Vanilla Ice did not have a run like Jay-z which is why the term overrated i think is not accurate. Fakes and the not talented can only hang on for so long and IMO you cant be on top or near the top of watever industrie you are in if you are overrated.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 06:29:11 PM »
I understand what you mean but Vanilla Ice did not have a run like Jay-z which is why the term overrated i think is not accurate. Fakes and the not talented can only hang on for so long and IMO you cant be on top or near the top of watever industrie you are in if you are overrated.

Puff Daddy has remained relevent in rap for almost 15 years

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 06:37:37 PM »
jay-z is a fucking millionaire, dude just fucked beyonce and is having a kid - do you really think he gives a fuck about a diss?

You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 06:38:47 PM »

Puff Daddy has remained relevent in rap for almost 15 years

music wise he's irrelevant, look how hard it is for him to put out an album.  Funny thing is though, his Press Play album was actually kinda hot and people are too scared to admit it
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 08:02:20 PM »
Jay-Z is extremely overrated. He is afraid he will end up on the losing end like he did with Nas again. He's a smart business man, and smart business men put business over pride. I bet you he loses sleep every night knowing he gets clowned on by Hammer.

Common man i know you never liked Jigga but how can you say he is overratted seriously. I mean the cv , the history speaks for itself the guy has been extremly succesful.
I mean the argument could hold say in 2001 5-6 years into his career but to have a 15 year career how can you be overrated when youve had that much success.
Lil Wayne has had success. Nelly has had success. They're all overrated as fuck though.

It ain't even that I hate Jigga. I'm just not his biggest fan and I'm not gonna tell you that he is the greatest rapper alive and his shit is made of diamonds just because that is the cool thing to say.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

AshyLarry

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 08:58:13 PM »
that was horrible!!!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 10:43:27 PM »
Jay-Z is extremely overrated. He is afraid he will end up on the losing end like he did with Nas again. He's a smart business man, and smart business men put business over pride. I bet you he loses sleep every night knowing he gets clowned on by Hammer.

Common man i know you never liked Jigga but how can you say he is overratted seriously. I mean the cv , the history speaks for itself the guy has been extremly succesful.
I mean the argument could hold say in 2001 5-6 years into his career but to have a 15 year career how can you be overrated when youve had that much success.
Lil Wayne has had success. Nelly has had success. They're all overrated as fuck though.

It ain't even that I hate Jigga. I'm just not his biggest fan and I'm not gonna tell you that he is the greatest rapper alive and his shit is made of diamonds just because that is the cool thing to say.

I feel you

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 10:53:07 PM »
jay-z is a fucking millionaire, dude just fucked beyonce and is having a kid - do you really think he gives a fuck about a diss?

the fact it came from MC Hammer may be a bit embarassing
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 12:32:25 AM »

Jay-Z is probably laughing his ass off at this track

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 12:45:18 AM »

I don't think anyone on here would call him the greatest alive. I can't recall anyone saying that. I actually think he's underrated by a lot of people here as a reaction against his popularity and longevity. Maybe because he's really the only golden age rapper who has managed to still stay relevant and be taken seriously, and people hold that against him and see him as undeserving of the fame. I see him as an above average rapper who has dropped 3 albums highly regarded by the hip hop community. That's more than all but an elite few rappers can even dream of and that gives him legend status imo. Do I think he's the greatest? No, but he's definitely one of the greats.

Speaking of overrated, Big L is overrated as fuck to me. How does he attain legend status off of ONE album? ONE album?!! Please....

Anunikke

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 12:55:32 AM »

I don't think anyone on here would call him the greatest alive. I can't recall anyone saying that. I actually think he's underrated by a lot of people here as a reaction against his popularity and longevity. Maybe because he's really the only golden age rapper who has managed to still stay relevant and be taken seriously, and people hold that against him and see him as undeserving of the fame. I see him as an above average rapper who has dropped 3 albums highly regarded by the hip hop community. That's more than all but an elite few rappers can even dream of and that gives him legend status imo. Do I think he's the greatest? No, but he's definitely one of the greats.

Speaking of overrated, Big L is overrated as fuck to me. How does he attain legend status off of ONE album? ONE album?!! Please....

Jay-z has 2 great albums, black album is over rated.

I'd be more impressed by Jay-Z if he had his own style and didn't change it for any thing.

Reasonable doubt was just another mafioso album when it dropped, not even the first.
Vol. 1 - 3 he basically started taking the bad boy style.

American Gangster wasn't that succesfull, next album he has Drake, Rihana, Alicia Keys & Young fucking jeezy...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 01:02:00 AM »

I'd be more impressed by Jay-Z if he had his own style and didn't change it for any thing.

Reasonable doubt was just another mafioso album when it dropped, not even the first.

American Gangster wasn't that succesfull, next album he has Drake, Rihana, Alicia Keys & Young fucking jeezy...

imo the Black Album was better than the Blueprint. And regardless of your opinion of it (that's why I said "the hip hop community"), it was critically acclaimed.

Anunikke

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 01:03:56 AM »

imo the Black Album was better than the Blueprint. And regardless of your opinion of it (that's why I said "the hip hop community"), it was critically acclaimed.
I used to like it to, but I haven't been feeling it as much lately lol.

Would've been much better if Change CLothes wasn't on there.

American Gangster > Black Album

IMO Jay-z was always out shined by the production, at least on the good albums he made.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 01:13:48 AM »
Reasonable Doubt may not have been the first mafioso album, but that shouldn't take away from its quality. After all, Doggystyle was basically The Chronic pt 2 but its certainly a classic in its own right. First, take into account that the album was being made 2 years earlier, but it took 2 years for them to get distribution. And why is it no one makes the same complaint about the other mafioso albums like The Infamous,  Life After Death, Doe or Die, etc? It seems like such a bullshit excuse. People just don't want to give Jay-Z credit where credit is due.

dnjp4life

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 01:40:47 AM »
Do people genuinely believe that Jay-Z has the time or the care to respond to this?