Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - 0 Everton  (Read 502 times)

ILL-Logic-AL

Liverpool 0 - 0 Everton
« on: December 22, 2002, 10:13:47 AM »
Good match....

Rooney was close, probably the best strike of the game when he hit the crossbar. Never seen Hibbert play before but I thought he had an excellent first half (hope hes English because he could be one for the future).

bez

Re:Liverpool 0 - 0 Everton
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2002, 10:18:32 AM »
Good match....

Rooney was close, probably the best strike of the game when he hit the crossbar. Never seen Hibbert play before but I thought he had an excellent first half (hope hes English because he could be one for the future).

Hibbet is a great player and if he carries on playing the way he has done ALL season then England will have to come calling, cos he has been really impressive, he aint scared of nobody.  He is ENGLISH lad, so is rooney, so is wright, all got england futures in my book.

Also Pistone for Italy, legend!

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2002, 10:20:22 AM »
You still gonna sell Pistone?

bez

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2002, 10:24:29 AM »
You still gonna sell Pistone?

Not my choice lad, but  i dont think we would get anything for him anyway, hes keepable, still not a boss player, but impressed today.

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2002, 10:25:08 AM »
Pistone didnt impress me in the first half, his second half performance was much better though. I thought your back four were very impressive considering. The two men in the middle (Weir and Stubbs I think) looked strong all the way through the match, cutting out balls and making strong tackles.

Wright is a good keeper but there are keepers I would rate higher above him now that deserve a spot as Englands No. 1. Hes better then Seamen and James though. If Rooney isnt in the next England squad then its a disgrace. His age shouldnt be a factor. Everton have struck gold with him because now they have a player that will always create and score goals for you.

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2002, 10:33:18 AM »
how shit were liverpool? was owen even playin?
playin at home and they didnt have a decent chance in the game. their manager is shite, he has no idea.
everton were excellent imo, defo deserved a point if not all three.
rooney did more in 30 minutes than owen in the last eight matches.
lol at rooney and gerared(dirty overrated twat, that tackle was a disgrace).

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2002, 10:33:29 AM »
Rooney needs to watch himself. Players don't like the arrogance he's showing at the moment.

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2002, 10:41:04 AM »
Players like who? Anyway, if your as good as Roonaldo then you can be arrogant. Hes gonna be Englands top striker, and I doubt that it'll be in the few years people are saying, I think it'll be a lot sooner.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2002, 10:47:26 AM »
How can a player that can't start a game get in the England team? it amazes me how the press can hype a player so much.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2002, 10:47:50 AM »
rooney did more in 30 minutes than owen in the last eight matches.

Exactly

Why don't we send Owen back to Wales where he belongs

Joachim

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2002, 10:47:59 AM »
Owen had something like 2 efforts at goal in 93 minutes, thats awful.

Whereas Rooney looked the part again.

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2002, 10:56:24 AM »
Like commentators have been saying, Moyes is gonna have to start giving constant first team football to Rooney. I think G Child could be one of the scum and just not admitting it after that pathetic performance.

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2002, 11:23:21 AM »
I ain't got shit to do with either scouse teams. I just wish people wouldn't get so excited over someone that COULD just be a flash in the pan. The boy is 17, when he has a bad game he will feel it and because of his age that will damage his confidence more so than that of someone who is older.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2002, 11:38:00 AM »
Who's your team?

bez

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2002, 11:47:47 AM »
I ain't got shit to do with either scouse teams. I just wish people wouldn't get so excited over someone that COULD just be a flash in the pan. The boy is 17, when he has a bad game he will feel it and because of his age that will damage his confidence more so than that of someone who is older.

What you talking about, he has already had a bad game where after it I said to my friends, he just didnt look in the game, it was the chealsea game, where he missed the pen and had a bad game, and to come back from that in the way he has is just mature as fuck, he may only be 17 but the lad is mature for his age, he was running up and down the line getting fat bastard chants from the liverpool fans, but he just kept a smile got on the pitch and showed them what hes all about, FOOTBALL.  Ok hes a big arragent, the hands on the hips, the spinning the ball, but so what, hes 17, hes got first team footy, hes on 10,000 a week, he can be as arragent as he wants in my view, players dont like it but what can they do about it, ok so they can throw a bad tackle at him and maybe hurt him but no player is guna do that really because no player is dumb enough to get kicked out f there team for trying to hurt a boy.

All credit to Liverpool, they played a good game, but at home I feel teams shud be more pressing and Liverpool to me didnt look like a confident home side. The game was even in my view and a point each is what both teams deserved.

If rooney stays on the right track, stays off the drink (Which he currently isnt doing) and keeps his mind on football he has the ability to be Englands best ever striker, maybe even the best in the world, he needs to get his head dowen tho and concentrate on the football side of things and not the luxery side of things.  You talk about him like he aint ever had a bad game in his life, just cause hes playing first team footy this season what you think he has been doing b4 that, playing on his playstation, fuck nar hes been playing under 10's, 11's, 12's, 13's, 14's, 15's, youth team, and reserves, you think in all them games he aint ever had a bad game, wake up.  Hes a good player, bad games will come and bad patches will but hopefulyl being the talent he looks and is he can overcome them bad spells fast and carry on growing into the football legend he can become.